Looking for car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Looking for car

Hey y'all I lookin fir a 1999 to 2004 mustang.. Can be parted out or have some damage to it.. I am lookin everywhere for one.. Really need it to be somewhere in Louisiana.. If can find one with a blown 4.6 standard it great.. Anyone have any ideas
Codysmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Looking for car

i would try craigs list locally or contact your local mustang clubs on their sites~ then if that fails you can expand your search to the bigger forums
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well I think it pretty funny because I put a WTB ad on craigslist a couple weeks ago and yesterday out of the blue someone toted me asking if I found a mustang. Didn't introduce themselves or anything so was like no... Who is this. They said a buddy of theirs told them about my ad. I asked if they had on.. He had a 03 GT with a blown engine. He had recently got into a motor cycle wreck and is in a wheel chair now and was havin family issues so he sold the car to me for 1000. Even comes with another engine, racing seats.. And more tires and rims and all that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Turned out to be a fraud. Noe I a fraud victim
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmustang View Post
Awww, sorry to hear that!!
Hope you find something, thats why I don't like craigslist
Try to check some dealerships in your area for something
You never know

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Road Trip!

I sent you a pm dude.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I saw it. Yeah pretty messed up.. I a good nice trustable person and one someone took advantage of that.. And two messed with the one thing that mattered almost the very most to me.. My love of mustangs.. Now idk if I will ever get one and idk if can trust anyone any more.. I mean how so posed to trust anyone
Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmustang
Thanks I saw it. Yeah pretty messed up.. I a good nice trustable person and one someone took advantage of that.. And two messed with the one thing that mattered almost the very most to me.. My love of mustangs.. Now idk if I will ever get one and idk if can trust anyone any more.. I mean how so posed to trust anyone
Honestly. Do your homework. A fool and his money are soon parted.

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:11 AM   #9
Road Trip!

There is a little dealership in prarieville on airline. On one of the corners. Forget the name. Usually has a couple.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'll keep an eye out but for now I don't have the funds for one and don't think I can do it at this point.. My mind got pretty twisted
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I don't know how much you want to spend but I was tossing the idea around of selling my 00 GT vert to get a cobra. Car runs great and is super clean. I've only put 20k miles on it in 6 years. Car has 108k on it now
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

At this point I don't have the funds and all that.. I was originally looking for a car for me to work on so could be proud of my car and all that.. Only have about 1k to use which was why I was looking for a shell.. I mean idk how much u was wanting to sell it for and all that but I no u lookin for way more than I can give.. Especially at this point
Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I was gonna try to do small auto jobs to make alil extra cash but I can't get that to take off yet.. And I mean it not like I not putting every effort that can into it.. Just wish could do more
Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmustang
Dramatic? I've been where you are exact position patience is the key don't get to down on yourself then you'll jump on the first thing u see wait fir the one that calls out to you
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmustang View Post
Did you exchange money or something? If not, how are you a fraud victim?

There are ****** nuggets all over the web trying to sell stuff they don't have. Require an in person viewing and don't hand it over till it works for you.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Other
I'm guessing the ****** stole his money with the promise of a car. Not to be rude, but I just don't know how anyone is so retarded to fall for **** like this. But I guess there's a sucker born every minute. If you fall for something like that, you deserve it. Hard lessons learned.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I'm guessing the ****** stole his money with the promise of a car. Not to be rude, but I just don't know how anyone is so retarded to fall for **** like this. But I guess there's a sucker born every minute. If you fall for something like that, you deserve it. Hard lessons learned.
Agreed where I grew up you don't pay unless its in your position cuz what's stopping that other from turning and runnin with the product and your money
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well I did and can say what u want cuz what ever u got to say I have already beat it into my head.. It was a stupid mistake and even though was almost 10 and dude was crippled I should have waited.. But let's keep this on track.. I got off subject for a bit now let's bring it back
Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

What information do you have on the person? Phone numbers, addresses, things of that nature? And how much money are you out in this transaction?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Might as well give you the whole story.

Last Tuesday I get a message from someone asking if I found a car yet. I said no and asked who that person was (later to be called cliff). He said he had an 03 GT with a blown engine, another engine, cobra rims and tires, and racing seats he was selling for 1000 and needed to sell it fast. He had got in a motorcycle accident and was in a wheel chair and was having to stay at his aunts place in baton rouge. I asked where the car was and said Covington.. Normally that raises a flag right there.. So I asked more on it. He kinda rushed the whole thing.. Said he had to sell it and fast because his aunt was having insurance issues and was about to get her car repo'd and she has two kids so can't lose her car. He told me he had someone else putting a downpayment on the car as well. Said they were putting 350 but they needed 450 for the insurance by 9 that night or losing the car. So went to meet him by the golden corral on sherwood forest to see if was gonna show and she how he was (yes I no now I was wrong) seemed ok so was gonna give him 450 as a downpayment so wouldn't sell it. All I had was 100 dollar bills so gave him 500.. This was at 10 that night so even if could go to the car wouldn't be able to see much.. But said he had some pics was gonna send me the next day and one of his other family members has a truck and trailer that could use to bring everything.. Well they were not gonna be home till 5 that afternoon and I had to work.. Wednesday morning I get a message saying that the insurance pol were not taking the money because they were late and told them that if didn't pay what they owe and 350 for the next months payment by 4 they were taking the car. I had to go to work but I was bein nice and dropped off the 350 they needed.. Was trying to help them out and he said that since was helpin them so much that would be the last of the payments. Well when I gave him the money I gave him one of my business cards. Then rushed to work.. That night I was so posed to get the pics.. But never came.. The next morning he said his family member that was so posed to take the pics couldn't find the USB cord for his camera so was goin to best buy to get one. Bout two hours later I get a call from a detective in Livingston saying it was a scam, there was no car, and that he was goin to jail for fraud. He is now staying at the Livingston parish detention center.. After a deep background check found out this guy has been all over the map and that so far there were a total of 7 cases of fraud that he was involved in.. Mine, the one in livingston, one in Alabama, one in Tennessee, one in Florida, one in Georgia, and one in Canada. All over a 30 year period. But I did have a weird feeling so I kept all the txt he ever sent me.. Emailed a copy of that to myself.. And kept the "contract" as well. Now I have to file charges against him and once Livingston is done wit him he will be sent to east baton rouge.. He is gonna be in jail for a long time. So there is the whole story. Judge me if want.. There nothing you can say that my family hasn't
Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Nah dude. I'm not judging you at all. I was looking for his info because there are a lot of us in the baton rouge area and several with very helpful hookups so we could try and help you get your money back. Sounds like he's already been busted. However, do you have the "detective's" information or are you completely sure it was a valid officer? If you are unsure, PM his name and rank and department he gave you and I will pass it along to some people that I believe can help confirm the information.

Also, have you started the charges filing yet? If not, I would do that as soon as possible.

I was taken by a member on here once selling him my explorer. It was the same type of situation of me being a nice guy. However, it wasn't as bad as yours as I was only out the final $350 payment he owned me on it. What's important is you learn from this and use it in the future to not make the same mistake twice.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I'll get you the info when can.. On way to work now.. But haven't started charges because I talked to an officer in east baton rougeand told me had to wait till this past Monday because the contract was still in effect.. Wouldn't be fraud till that was proven false.. Well went Monday and said the officer I talked to had to do it and wasn't in so took my info and was soposed to get back to ke but still hasn't
Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

They even told me there a small chance of getting my money back
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Don't worry about it youll find your car but be patient
Old 04-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Don't mean to upset you further, but you're going to have a really hard time finding something in that price range. I would suspect that even a "shell" might go for a little over a thousand depending on what kind of shape it is in. I paid $550 for a '89 coupe that was basically a shell and that's a much older car. Good luck in your search though. As said above, there's no telling what you'll run across if you're just patient. Plus, it gives you more time to scrape together some extra bills.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
Road Trip!

I paid 900$ for a 96 vert blown engine n horrible body
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
No fraud, but I have a 95 v6 auto with a fresh motor (less than 10k on the small block). Car has some issues and the tranny is starting to slip. Other issues are that I don't know if the av works (never Got it charged after engine replacement), needs some suspension work (good squeak from the front), and windows don't roll down. Other than that car runs and looks good. Engine runs like a top and body is in dang good shape. I'm trying to get to rid of it but haven't yet put it up for sale officially. Right now I am on vacation and will be back home in a few days. Got me a '12 gt/CS so this thing is parked until I get rid of it. Looking for a grand, firm. If you or anyone else are interested pm me and I'll will give you email and phone number. Don't have many pics right now but you can see it in the background of the attached pic. If i catch interest I'll take more when I get home early next week. Sorry to hear about your scam though...too many bastards out there that do this stuff. Craigslist is BAD with scams. I have looked into a number of vehicles and they pull this 'I'm in the military' or family member emergency thing alot like they did with you. As a real military member I take allot of offense to that, but All I can do is report them really. Let me know though if interested. Shipping if necessary would be additional and I don't know what that would run. If I am ranting, it's because I have had a couple drinks and I'm using this blasted iPhone app.

Tried to attach pic but I don't have the pic in my camera library. Ill grab it off another post I put under the 'lets see pics of the new mustang' thread in either this or the 11+ tech forum
HIS: "Night-Mare": 2012 Mustang GT/CS, Black on Black, MT, 3.73 Gears, HID's, Security/Comfort/Electronics Packages. #2 of ????

HERS: "Blue Steel": 2012 Mustang V6, Kona Blue, AT.
Gconn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Here is a pic. Can't see it very well as the point was a to take pics of the new stang, but it gives a little clue. Oh yeah, title is clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1438997728.png
Views:	82
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	25780  
HIS: "Night-Mare": 2012 Mustang GT/CS, Black on Black, MT, 3.73 Gears, HID's, Security/Comfort/Electronics Packages. #2 of ????

HERS: "Blue Steel": 2012 Mustang V6, Kona Blue, AT.
Gconn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Nice.. I'll def keep that in mind but for most part lookin for the 99 to 04 years
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Check local dealers and stang clubs in your area.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion