2011/12 outside air temp - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
dacriss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Oregon
Posts: 85
2011/12 outside air temp

Does anyone know if the 2011/12 mustangs have outside air temp reading? I have been over the owner’s manual (online as my Mustang has yet to arrive) and can not find it on the info display or the nav display. Do they have outside air temp?
Thank you
DACriss
dacriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Not that I know of. Roll the window down and stick your finger out. It's a mustang not a lexus. lol
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Not that I know of. Roll the window down and stick your finger out. It's a mustang not a lexus.

Wahahahahahahahahahahaha!...........cough,cough .....WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!.......
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
^^^ what he said
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
My 99 tahoe has it. Haha. Damn the Ford!!!
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Sorry.....not trying to be an ***.....that was funny. I believe it shows in the upper corner on the face of the head unit.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Sorry.....not trying to be an ***.....that was funny. I believe it shows in the upper corner on the face of the head unit.
that was really funny.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Sorry.....not trying to be an ***.....that was funny. I believe it shows in the upper corner on the face of the head unit.
That's disappointing to hear...it really is. No wonder the weight of cars keeps going up and up. More and more useless stuff getting crammed inside.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

That's disappointing to hear...it really is. No wonder the weight of cars keeps going up and up. More and more useless stuff getting crammed inside.
Amen.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Amen.
I kind of like it, it makes me want to stay in my "cool" car, when I know how hot it is outside.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
I kind of like it, it makes me want to stay in my "cool" car, when I know how hot it is outside.
Same could be concluded by rolling down the power window, extending ones arm, retracting ones arm, and rolling up the power window. Wouldn't require any additional electronics that can break, or sensors that could go out, or any thing else.

Also, information like that could probably be determined the day or two before you are in said vehicle by watching the weather report. While they are as accurate as a uzi at 1000 yards at predicting the weather, it at least gives you an idea of temp.

Then again, the decision could have been made when walking to said car unless travel to and from said car was done in some sort of "cone of silence" type bubble.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
My truck has a compass. Why? It's not like the road goes directly west with no turns or anything. But I have a compass. Haha
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

Same could be concluded by rolling down the power window, extending ones arm, retracting ones arm, and rolling up the power window. Wouldn't require any additional electronics that can break, or sensors that could go out, or any thing else.

Also, information like that could probably be determined the day or two before you are in said vehicle by watching the weather report. While they are as accurate as a uzi at 1000 yards at predicting the weather, it at least gives you an idea of temp.

Then again, the decision could have been made when walking to said car unless travel to and from said car was done in some sort of "cone of silence" type bubble.
It's almost 75 degrees out there and you want me to roll the window down. That's crazy!!!!!
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

I dont know where yall live but in TX there no possible way you are gonna get me to just roll down my window in 100+ weather.....effff that. But when it is nice out the windows stay down!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I dont know where yall live but in TX there no possible way you are gonna get me to just roll down my window in 100+ weather.....effff that. But when it is nice out the windows stay down!
+1
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I dont know where yall live but in TX there no possible way you are gonna get me to just roll down my window in 100+ weather.....effff that. But when it is nice out the windows stay down!
Then you have done enough research to know it is hot out...so you don't really need an external thermometer.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #17
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Then you have done enough research to know it is hot out...so you don't really need an external thermometer.
Nah.....could care less if it was there or not.Even the sync to me is pointless,Ive never even used it.When I start uploading music on my phone someday maybe I will plug it into the USB port and blast some SLAYER with the windows down when it gets 75 down here.BTW 75 is perfect windows down weather.

DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Nah.....could care less if it was there or not.Even the sync to me is pointless,Ive never even used it.When I start uploading music on my phone someday maybe I will plug it into the USB port and blast some SLAYER with the windows down when it gets 75 down here.BTW 75 is perfect windows down weather.

Why must I point out sarcasm? Darn it, I wish I could post with tone.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
BTW sunny is perfect top down weather.

FIFY
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
dacriss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Oregon
Posts: 85
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Well I guess if I had my brains fried in the south east (as most of the people who responded to this post seem to be from) then yes rolling the window down or not worrying about it would be ok. But I live in the North West where rolling the window down at speed might cause frost bite and we have no sun to fry our brains with. Yes it's a Mustang, but I wouldn't think a 4oz sensor would all that much weight. Not when most people add pounds in the form of amps. I was just hoping that my $35K mustang would have at least the same options as the wife’s $22K civic. I guess I know what one of the pod openings will be in the new Boss 302 dash pod on my V6 dash.
dacriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Yeah it kinda is bull**** that they don't have them. As most cars now do. You would expect it from fords flagship. I actually like having one in my trucks.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss
Well I guess if I had my brains fried in the south east (as most of the people who responded to this post seem to be from) then yes rolling the window down or not worrying about it would be ok. But I live in the North West where rolling the window down at speed might cause frost bite and we have no sun to fry our brains with. Yes it's a Mustang, but I wouldn't think a 4oz sensor would all that much weight. Not when most people add pounds in the form of amps. I was just hoping that my $35K mustang would have at least the same options as the wife’s $22K civic. I guess I know what one of the pod openings will be in the new Boss 302 dash pod on my V6 dash.
I'm from the north east originally. Buffalo ny specifically. Walking to the car, scraping through the ice, and clearing the driveway told me all I needed to know about the temp outside. So did the sub freezing forecast the night before.

4 oz sensor doesn't add much weight. It does add another circuit to troubleshoot when theres a problem and additional cost to an already over priced car.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Im gonna say this one....more.....time.....its located in the corner of the head unit and reads the outside temp.....it is 72 in my garage right now.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 246
Hey DD
Where is it?
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Im gonna say this one....more.....time.....its located in the corner of the head unit and reads the outside temp.....it is 72 in my garage right now.
I'm gonna need a pic to prove it.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #26
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
Hey DD
Where is it?
Sarcasim again? lol!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

I'm from the north east originally. Buffalo ny specifically. Walking to the car, scraping through the ice, and clearing the driveway told me all I needed to know about the temp outside. So did the sub freezing forecast the night before.

4 oz sensor doesn't add much weight. It does add another circuit to troubleshoot when theres a problem and additional cost to an already over priced car.
I've been to Buffalo. Mom lives near Binghamton but on the PA side. I love Ithaca and the finger lakes.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #28
erk
Registered Member
Regular
 
erk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 81
Re: 2011/12 outside air temp

yes they do i have a base line 5.0 2011
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Virginia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacriss
Does anyone know if the 2011/12 mustangs have outside air temp reading? I have been over the owner’s manual (online as my Mustang has yet to arrive) and can not find it on the info display or the nav display. Do they have outside air temp?
Thank you
DACriss
Yes it does
LaFlamaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 10
The important place to be looking is how fast ur running on the pavement!!!
raiderstang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

That's disappointing to hear...it really is. No wonder the weight of cars keeps going up and up. More and more useless stuff getting crammed inside.
A great big plus 1.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #32
erk
Registered Member
Regular
 
erk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

A great big plus 1.
I put a aquarium temp. Strip on mine. Lol ghetto style
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #33
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 10
An aquarium sticker is classic... that's thinking outside the box.
raiderstang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
1ijack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 804
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

I've been to Buffalo. Mom lives near Binghamton but on the PA side. I love Ithaca and the finger lakes.
I have friends in Ithaca.
__________________

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I love it there.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L AEM Cold Air Intake KenAEM 2011-2014 Mustang GT 0 08-23-2010 11:31 AM
stock intake discrepency/exception - no air temp sensor nekronos Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 07-23-2008 11:18 AM
Where is the IAT (air intake temp.) sending unit? 89MustangLX 1979-1995 Mustang GT 27 07-24-2006 01:08 PM

» Members Mustangs

Shelby

Bgover

AzzKikr

rjrbsn
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



01:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.