351W engine - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
351W engine

Hey guys I just wanting to get ur opinion on how much a rebuilt 351 Windsor engine would go for. I took it out my 67 and got it taken care of with some very needed attention. My question is that once I get it put back together how much do y'all think it would go for?
Codysmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 351W engine

I'm not sure about 351s so I'll let someone else chime in, but it really depends on the quality of rebuild, how you present it, and if you can find the right buyer.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
I'm not sure about 351s so I'll let someone else chime in, but it really depends on the quality of rebuild, how you present it, and if you can find the right buyer.
Can go from 500 to 10000 man. Like he said ^^ depends on who built it. What parts ect ect.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
We need way more information to answer this one.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I'll see what I can get.. But for the most part got a master rebuild kits has new everything but the crank.. When I took the heads off they were sludge over.. Cleaned them up and put new pushrods and all that.. Looked brand new.. Then the guy that was helping me exchanged mine for some better ones that cane out of a 70 or 80 mustang 351. As for the block itself it was taken very well care of.. We sent it and got it bored out (I'll get the size) and repainted back to factory color.. And they added the orange nonstick paint for under the intake and timing basically anywhere oil will touch the block.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 351W engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmustang View Post
Ok I'll see what I can get.. But for the most part got a master rebuild kits has new everything but the crank.. When I took the heads off they were sludge over.. Cleaned them up and put new pushrods and all that.. Looked brand new.. Then the guy that was helping me exchanged mine for some better ones that cane out of a 70 or 80 mustang 351. As for the block itself it was taken very well care of.. We sent it and got it bored out (I'll get the size) and repainted back to factory color.. And they added the orange nonstick paint for under the intake and timing basically anywhere oil will touch the block.
So you went with a stroker kit? Is anything forged?
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No was just a basic rebuild kit not striker which wish was.. Nothing forged all cast.. Bored 30 over.. And heads ar E7TE heads which came from 87 trucks that had better flow than mine.. Guy said the ones I had were the absolute worst could have
Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Jo Hebert is who I talk in about for ppl that do know him. My engine is still there.. I still need to push 4 more piston head pins in to the new heads and rods.. Polish crank.. And continue with the rebuild

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion