Impreza vs mustang vs civic si - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Hey guys,

My friends have an impreza and civic si. They r both telling me that thy r faster than my 2011 mustang v6. All of those cars r stock and not tuned. If we race, who do u think will win? Will it be close?
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 839
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

I have no idea but i think racing question are forbidden in the forums. street racing that is. so be carfull what you ask.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
It's not street racing. I think I didn't make it clear, it was a 0-60 run. Didn't know wat to call it so I said race lol
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 839
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240 View Post
It's not street racing. I think I didn't make it clear, it was a 0-60 run. Didn't know wat to call it so I said race lol
Its cool just figured i'd warn you before you posted something that could close the thread or get you an infraction.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Your faster if they are stock
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman

Its cool just figured i'd warn you before you posted something that could close the thread or get you an infraction.
Is there any place with the rules bcz I am new at this and don't want any infractions
Thanks
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240

Is there any place with the rules bcz I am new at this and don't want any infractions
Thanks
K no discussing illegal activity. If you want to post kill stories 93cobraguy had a link in his sig. Post them there
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240

Is there any place with the rules bcz I am new at this and don't want any infractions
Thanks
Idk about the impreza... But the si is way slower.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 839
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240 View Post
Is there any place with the rules bcz I am new at this and don't want any infractions
Thanks
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ork&page=rules
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Idk about the impreza... But the si is way slower.
Are imprezas fast? I know nothing about imports. I would assume they are pretty light
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Are imprezas fast? I know nothing about imports. I would assume they are pretty light
Imprezas are around 3300 pounds, and have about 280hp, so... Idk, look up stock drag times at dragtimes .com
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Imprezas do about a 13.1-.4 1/4 mile, so I would say no to beating him... But you have the si
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra
Imprezas do about a 13.1-.4 1/4 mile, so I would say no to beating him... But you have the si
Wow. Pretty quick cars. I would need a 100 shot to take one I guess
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

If the Impreza is not turbo, you can take both of them. The WRX though, is no joke. I got my *** handed to me by one at the track in my '85 Vert. He had some **** done to it though. He ran an 11.4 I believe. I was at 11.87.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
11s. I wish here. 11.99 and you need a roll cage so it's only a 12.00 or slower on the track and an *** ripper on the street. Nice 93. What kinda rubber was on,or d.r.'s. That's pretty fast man. How's tricks
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Don't the '11s have 300 hp in that six. Please correct me if I am wrong. And aren't they heavy,like over 3800 lbs. That sixxer with variable cam timing makes that more a high revving rocket. Once you got moving and your rpms up you should be pretty close. And we are bench racing. Correct. This isn't a real race because that would be illegal and we don't indulge in that type of behaviour. Right
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
Don't the '11s have 300 hp in that six. Please correct me if I am wrong. And aren't they heavy,like over 3800 lbs. That sixxer with variable cam timing makes that more a high revving rocket. Once you got moving and your rpms up you should be pretty close. And we are bench racing. Correct. This isn't a real race because that would be illegal and we don't indulge in that type of behaviour. Right
Right but still, the v6 does about 13.7ish as far as I know... So those imprezas kick ***... I would love one, or a nice evo IX...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Right but still, the v6 does about 13.7ish as far as I know... So those imprezas kick ***... I would love one, or a nice evo IX...
Traitor
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Traitor
I'm sorry! Don't kill me Everett.. I'm not even an adult yet!
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Right but still, the v6 does about 13.7ish as far as I know... So those imprezas kick ***... I would love one, or a nice evo IX...
I like the VIII's way better. I hate the styling change of the newer Evo's.

Everett, my '85 was a built 347 and I was running borrowed slicks, and yes I had a 4 point cage in it. Track rules though wouldn't let me run it with the top down. When you're on a computer next, check out my albums. She's in there.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Imprezas are around 3300 pounds, and have about 280hp, so... Idk, look up stock drag times at dragtimes .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
If the Impreza is not turbo, you can take both of them. The WRX though, is no joke. I got my *** handed to me by one at the track in my '85 Vert. He had some **** done to it though. He ran an 11.4 I believe. I was at 11.87.
Impreza only has 170hp, wrx only has 220ish and the STI is the one with 300 or so. The impreza will lose pretty bad. The wrx will get you off the line, but you will catch up quickly. The STI would kill you all the way. The only reason the wrx has a chance is because of the AWD.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge

Impreza only has 170hp, wrx only has 220ish and the STI is the one with 300 or so. The impreza will lose pretty bad. The wrx will get you off the line, but you will catch up quickly. The STI would kill you all the way. The only reason the wrx has a chance is because of the AWD.
I meant the sti the whole time... It's the only one worth mentioning.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
How does the sti beat me bad? It has 305 hp and 290 torque. My mustang is 305 hp and 280 torque. Does AWD make that big of a difference?
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinknoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240
Hey guys,

My friends have an impreza and civic si. They r both telling me that thy r faster than my 2011 mustang v6. All of those cars r stock and not tuned. If we race, who do u think will win? Will it be close?
The si isn't even a question! Subaru though with it's all wheel drive maybe an issue. Is it an sti impreza or just the impreza?
__________________
65 Mustang coupe
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll

The si isn't even a question! Subaru though with it's all wheel drive maybe an issue. Is it an sti impreza or just the impreza?
It's a 2010 wrx impreza
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 703
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
If the Impreza is not turbo, you can take both of them. The WRX though, is no joke. I got my *** handed to me by one at the track in my '85 Vert. He had some **** done to it though. He ran an 11.4 I believe. I was at 11.87.
was it an STI? at ECU its pretty much mustang vs. wrx's haha
__________________

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240
How does the sti beat me bad? It has 305 hp and 290 torque. My mustang is 305 hp and 280 torque. Does AWD make that big of a difference?
Yeah, and they're lighter too... They could pretty much drop at 5k on street tires and be okay... Almost..
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #28
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

I'm sorry! Don't kill me Everett.. I'm not even an adult yet!
Still love ya kid
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240
How does the sti beat me bad? It has 305 hp and 290 torque. My mustang is 305 hp and 280 torque. Does AWD make that big of a difference?
Oh yeah. I spin til 3rd so imagine no spin all the way. I like getting snaky though. Coming around a corner hard and sideways. Lovin it
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Oh yeah. I spin til 3rd so imagine no spin all the way. I like getting snaky though. Coming around a corner hard and sideways. Lovin it
+1
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Impreza vs mustang vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Oh yeah. I spin til 3rd so imagine no spin all the way. I like getting snaky though. Coming around a corner hard and sideways. Lovin it
And these things just handle like a mother****er too. I really have to get used to coming around corners like that. I tend to overcompensate in the New Edge now. The foxes get stupid sideways, and I'm so used to it, lol.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check out the "Civic" - Civic Doody Lalayla General Car Discussion 18 01-31-2011 01:17 AM
Civic Vs Mustang lowflyn Pictures and Videos 4 01-08-2009 10:33 PM
Cleaned both cars, Mustang & Impreza MF-DIF Mustang Audio & Video 5 04-22-2007 02:53 PM
here's how a civic stacks up against a mustang Kyle The Bar 4 06-16-2005 08:48 PM
2000 V6 Stang vs. 01 Subaru Impreza RedDragonV6 The Bar 10 03-12-2004 06:38 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.