Gear Shops in BR - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Gear Shops in BR

Anyone know of any shops in BR that can install my new gears in my '02 GT for me? All the shops I called around here want $500+ for labor and that just won't fly. It should be around $250-$350.

A shop where I used to live in Covington wants $360.. But that's over an hour drive.

Anyone got any ideas?
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Go see the guys over at check engine on airline. Bunch of mustangers over there. There's an oriental guy I forgot his name. Talk to the guys in the shop and see if they will do it on the side. Also talk to L&S. Wouldn't trust them to do a whole lot but gears should be no problem.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Go see the guys over at check engine on airline. Bunch of mustangers over there. There's an oriental guy I forgot his name. Talk to the guys in the shop and see if they will do it on the side. Also talk to L&S. Wouldn't trust them to do a whole lot but gears should be no problem.
Man.. All the shops around here are trying to break me. All quote $500+ just for labor.
The one that I used back in Covington before I moved to Baton Rouge quoted me $350+tax.. With a 6month warranty covering their install. Might go with them...

I don't know~ I would just rather get it done here in town.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Man.. All the shops around here are trying to break me. All quote $500+ just for labor.
The one that I used back in Covington before I moved to Baton Rouge quoted me $350+tax.. With a 6month warranty covering their install. Might go with them...

I don't know~ I would just rather get it done here in town.
i mean i know the best rep shop here is stanghi. i asked them about gears when i was getting my dads exhaust installed and i thought they told me less than 500 but maybe im wrong. personally they're the only shop i would go with
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
i mean i know the best rep shop here is stanghi. i asked them about gears when i was getting my dads exhaust installed and i thought they told me less than 500 but maybe im wrong. personally they're the only shop i would go with
It depends on whether he wants to do the job. Another member on here was quoted $750 in labor for gears...but he just drove a lowly V6 so it wasn't an interesting job.

It's hit or miss with them. If he doesn't want to do something, he'll give you a ridiculous price.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
It depends on whether he wants to do the job. Another member on here was quoted $750 in labor for gears...but he just drove a lowly V6 so it wasn't an interesting job.

It's hit or miss with them. If he doesn't want to do something, he'll give you a ridiculous price.
yea i remember that. thats the only problem. i think the only reason cody gave me a good price is bc i told him i would be bringing my dads car there alot to get worked on lol. i also hung out there for like 3 hours so i talked with them alot. but if you havent tried yet cole go in and ask them dont call
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
but if you havent tried yet cole go in and ask them dont call
A giant +1 to that one.

And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the work Stang Hi does. Cody did a good bit of work on my car before I started doing it myself...and tuned the daylights out of it when I had the stock and ported eaton on the car. However, I was tired of paying shop fees and tuning fees and started doing my work myself, and as of last week, my tuning myself as well.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
A giant +1 to that one.

And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the work Stang Hi does. Cody did a good bit of work on my car before I started doing it myself...and tuned the daylights out of it when I had the stock and ported eaton on the car. However, I was tired of paying shop fees and tuning fees and started doing my work myself, and as of last week, my tuning myself as well.
damn man your getting adventurous lol. hope nothing goes wrong with it! and yea ive never heard a bad bit of work from cody or those guys. i know that they actually had a car there that they were putting back together for a guy that originally had it built by that one shop that we talked about here awhile ago that was just terrible. TPS maybe? but yea i dont trust myself doing gears and stuff like that so when i do it im prob gonna take it to them
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718

damn man your getting adventurous lol. hope nothing goes wrong with it! and yea ive never heard a bad bit of work from cody or those guys. i know that they actually had a car there that they were putting back together for a guy that originally had it built by that one shop that we talked about here awhile ago that was just terrible. TPS maybe? but yea i dont trust myself doing gears and stuff like that so when i do it im prob gonna take it to them
It wouldn't be the first car he's had to fix from there. SaleenFiend did not fair to well with tps.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
I got Cody to tune mine. Very satisfied. TPS has moved and teamed up with thunder racing from what I hear.
The thing about gears is that it doesn't have to be a mustang shop. There's not much difference from chevy and dodge car and truck diffs. It would be better if you talk to some of the local mechanics personally instead of calling.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
tigercrazy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 709
Re: Gear Shops in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
It wouldn't be the first car he's had to fix from there. SaleenFiend did not fair to well with tps.
yea thats what ive heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
I got Cody to tune mine. Very satisfied. TPS has moved and teamed up with thunder racing from what I hear.
The thing about gears is that it doesn't have to be a mustang shop. There's not much difference from chevy and dodge car and truck diffs. It would be better if you talk to some of the local mechanics personally instead of calling.
yup hes with thunder racing now according to the guy that works the front desk at stanghi. his name is slipping my memory right now lol. but im not surprised hes with them. i had a pretty unsatisfactory experience with thunder. they took advantage of me bc i was a noob to cars.
__________________

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shops in VA? MyTang99 General Mustang Discussion 2 08-15-2010 10:49 PM
ANY GOOD SHOPS? NAASERUS Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 02-27-2007 01:09 PM
auto/manual tranny gear and rear gear STOCK ratios SpectorV Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 07-08-2004 03:41 PM
Ca Shops Rellik Regional Mustang Discussion 6 02-22-2004 08:31 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.