car dealer's SUCK - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
car dealer's SUCK

I bought my 2006 v6 last fall since then I've put 8,000 miles on it ,and the Ford dealer I bought it from gave me a 12 month warranty ..
well the last few weeks I've been getting a slight whining noise from the rear , i figured maybe a wheel bearing , so i took the diff cover off and found a broken pinion gear / 3 teeth broken off /// so i called the dealer and they told me thats from abuse and they wouldnt cover it ??? WTF ??
I drive the car everyday and the most abusive thing I've ever done to it was dyno it after an exhaust install ... I Don't think I've ever even done a burn out in this car .............. guess I'll just buy a new ring and pin and a rebuilt kit and do it myself , great warranty
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: car dealer's SUCK

sorry dude that sux...hope it all works out...u could always try to call corporate and see what they say
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

sry to hear of the misfortune. yes warranties always have those stupid little fine lines to them and if they can find any reason not to cover a repair, they will. But i think it may be worth fighting the issue.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking

hey. title change needed. some dealers suck... i work at one and we try to warranty what we can. that dealer is just finding an excuse not to help you.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Plus I thought, the drivetrain on the V6's of our year was supposed to be rated to handle up to 300HP, so I don't get how the amount of HP your putting out could have messed it up, if all the parts were working correctly.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08 View Post
Plus I thought, the drivetrain on the V6's of our year was supposed to be rated to handle up to 300HP, so I don't get how the amount of HP your putting out could have messed it up, if all the parts were working correctly.
your right. but like i said. the dealer is looking for an excuse not to help you
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
your right. but like i said. the dealer is looking for an excuse not to help you
freakin dealers, if only there was some way they couldn't exist. Plus I would think that they would want to make u happy since you have owned a few mustangs stampde, and they would assume that you would probably be back for another.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I would fight that for sure.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

stick it to the man!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

unfortunately the MAN ALWAYS STICKS IT TO ME , LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
unfortunately the MAN ALWAYS STICKS IT TO ME , LOL
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

How many miles do u have? Sounds like a poor install to me. U have aftermarket gears in there.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

no biggy , i can do it myself ,just sucks its gotta come outta' my pocket and i have to find time to do it .......... at least i have a spare car ( the Mach ) to drive
Old 05-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows View Post
How many miles do u have? Sounds like a poor install to me. U have aftermarket gears in there.
ya there was a receipt in the Glove box , some performance shop over in PA put an Aubern posi and richmond 3.73 gears in it and charged the previous owner $1100 ?? WTF , and they didn't even do it right
what a ripp off ,he could have bought a complete bolt in 8.8 a little cheaper
Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

There is a prime reason right there that the warranty is void. Anytime an aftermarket part is or is the cause of a failure, it's not warrantable. Don't blame the dealer for that, blame the shop that did the install. Dealer warranties only
Cover factory, or factory type replacements, not upgrades.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

ya but i bought the car from the dealer ( used ) and the rear had already been done at the hot rod shop before i Bought it , and they gave me a 1 year power train warranty ...... they're not sticking to their deal ,just sayin'
Old 05-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Call and just ask for a manager, or threaten to. Normally that helps a lot.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
ya but i bought the car from the dealer ( used ) and the rear had already been done at the hot rod shop before i Bought it , and they gave me a 1 year power train warranty ...... they're not sticking to their deal ,just sayin'
They don't have to stick to it if the issue is due to aftermarket performance part. The problem lies in your hands or the shop that did the work, trust me. Why would a "ford" dealer warranty something that isnt "ford" or "ford factory equivalent". I can see how you think this is he dealership trying to screw you but you would be wrong. The warranty only binds them to factory parts, that's all.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

it is what it is ......... like i said ,i'll fix it myself , glad i can do the work myself and save my self $$$$$$$$$
Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
It sounds like they were counting on you not being able to do it your self. Damn stealerships are hit and miss. Went to interstate ford to buy mine, they told me to get lost. Said they don't give "joy rides" so I went to planet ford and bought my baby. Took it to interstate and informed the manager of his lost sale.
mjb09gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I don't see why a dealership should cover aftermarket parts on cars they sell. The warranty, like stated, covers factory parts only.

While dealerships are mostly terrible places to deal with, I got to side with the dealership on this one.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows View Post
They don't have to stick to it if the issue is due to aftermarket performance part. The problem lies in your hands or the shop that did the work, trust me. Why would a "ford" dealer warranty something that isnt "ford" or "ford factory equivalent". I can see how you think this is he dealership trying to screw you but you would be wrong. The warranty only binds them to factory parts, that's all.
this would be true but since it is a used car, and it sounds like it is not the factory warrantee that is being applied, then when the dealer offered a warranty that would stand for the state of the car after it was sold. Plus if the dealer already knew that it was modified then they should have told you, its like if I went to a Toyota dealer and bought a mustang and they offered me a one year warrantee on the power train then I expect them to live up with it.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #23
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Until he posts exactly what his warranty states then it is all a guessing game. Most dealership warranty's on used cars only cover factory parts.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Until he posts exactly what his warranty states then it is all a guessing game. Most dealership warranty's on used cars only cover factory parts.
true true, gotta get everything in writing
Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I know (using our dealership group for example) only factory or factory type replacements are covered. If he bought the car from a real ford dealership then I could down right bet that I'm right about what there warranty covers.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08

this would be true but since it is a used car, and it sounds like it is not the factory warrantee that is being applied, then when the dealer offered a warranty that would stand for the state of the car after it was sold. Plus if the dealer already knew that it was modified then they should have told you, its like if I went to a Toyota dealer and bought a mustang and they offered me a one year warrantee on the power train then I expect them to live up with it.
Well I dont know a Toyota dealer that will warranty a ford powertrain lol. The only vehicles the dealer I work at warranties are fords. They will not warranty any other brand. Even if it has 10 miles on it. And the dealer usually don't know the modifications on a vehicle it sells unless they are obvious. The rear end cover is not opened by the dealership when selling a used vehicle. So they would have not known the rear diff was changed.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #27
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Do your research on what they can and can't do then go in and ask to speak to the general sales manager or a service manager. Let them know that you are trying to get the issue resolved but everyone that you talked to is not willing to help. I have dealt with a salesman not wanting to help me with my 97 mustang and 2 other salesmen heard my conversation approached me after he walked away from me and gave me a simple solution and a free fix. It's all about being persistent and talking to the right people......no matter how many times you have to do it.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

its not a factory warranty , its a used car warranty , they cover 50% parts and labor , but its not the aftermarket parts that are the question ,they're telling me that they wont cover it because its a sign of abuse ,they're basically telling me i abused the car ... witch is bull**** , maybe the previous owner did ,but it took awhile for the problem to show up ........
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
its not a factory warranty , its a used car warranty , they cover 50% parts and labor , but its not the aftermarket parts that are the question ,they're telling me that they wont cover it because its a sign of abuse ,they're basically telling me i abused the car ... witch is bull**** , maybe the previous owner did ,but it took awhile for the problem to show up ........
As I said, just talk to the manager, or threaten to but be prepared to. They tried to charge me $50 at the dealer to check my brakes, but that got waived. They'll do anything to keep you away.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

So they won't even cover 50%? Did you talk to a sales or service manager?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Whe I bought my car they made me get an extended warranty because it has ( they said) about 10,000.00 dollars worth of mods under the hood and they wanted to make sure it was covered. I hope I don't have the same problem if something goes wrong.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

ya i talked to service manager too , no luck ,.. oh well i wont recommend them to anybody ,....
Old 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
Whe I bought my car they made me get an extended warranty because it has ( they said) about 10,000.00 dollars worth of mods under the hood and they wanted to make sure it was covered. I hope I don't have the same problem if something goes wrong.
O you will.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

probably will I just hope nothing goes wrong I can't afford to repace any of that go fast stuff.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

ok after a lot of *****ing , the've agreed to pay 50 % / 6 hours labor , ford list on parts ,i'm looking at close to $600 bill , ha ha ha , I'm buying the parts my self for less than $200 and my labor is free ........................

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion