opinions on lights - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
They arrived today installing in the next day or so!!
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Snapped one for ya last night. Diggers & headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4136773779.png
Views:	111
Size:	816.8 KB
ID:	27749  
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good!!
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina
Re: opinions on lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
Snapped one for ya last night. Diggers & headlights.
My car had the setup before the billet grille...all of the wiring is still there so I'm thinking I might place two centered foglights downlow....what do you think?!?!?
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I was actually going to say that. I think it would look good. Like the kr gt 500
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Like the ones on here but obviously centered in the front fascia spaced 5-6" apart on my '08
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly like the silver one! It sill never look as good as that elanor lol
Old 06-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

My car had the setup before the billet grille...all of the wiring is still there so I'm thinking I might place two centered foglights downlow....what do you think?!?!?
I think that would look sick! The car just looks like 10 kinds of awesome with the headlights and foggers. I was looking at the grilles that have the foggers behind the grille like the headlights on the charger in the blade movie with Wesley Snipes. That look was so sick because they had the deleted look but were still there if and when wanted to use em.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Old 06-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT

I think that would look sick! The car just looks like 10 kinds of awesome with the headlights and foggers. I was looking at the grilles that have the foggers behind the grille like the headlights on the charger in the blade movie with Wesley Snipes. That look was so sick because they had the deleted look but were still there if and when wanted to use em.
Like this. Keep these hidden and add the additional 2 you're talkin' about or just keep these and your headlights.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3053657233.png
Views:	90
Size:	530.8 KB
ID:	27752  
Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Imo I don't think the hidden will look as good as the lower fogs. They really not even fogs just extra head lightsz
Old 06-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Well here they are. My passenger fog has a really dirty lens and I need to get a new one to match but it looks better than the clean one!! Lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20110610_212311.png
Views:	87
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	27776   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110610_212332.png
Views:	88
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	27777  

Name:	ForumRunner_20110610_212350.png
Views:	95
Size:	515.8 KB
ID:	27778  
Old 06-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gtdriver View Post
Well here they are. My passenger fog has a really dirty lens and I need to get a new one to match but it looks better than the clean one!! Lol.
Not bad, I think the headlights would look awesome with CFL's patched into the running lights. Kinda give the car that eyeball look. Have you noticed that you're able to see all of the dirt, debris, and crap that accumulates on your headlights that you never noticed before!?!?!?! Every time I hit unlock & the headlights turn on I get irked. Off to the detailer I go tomorrow to get the car made beautiful.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah lol. I usually buff mine out with a powerball some wax and they look as good as new. But my passenger fog light just is beet to **** I just need a new one lol .. my car is almost complete to specs. All I need is my springs, supercharger and ill be mighty fine. But im going to think about the supercharger for 2500. I could sell my car and het a newing gt for a good price. But not the power. Should I just make mine a sleeper?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah lol. I usually buff mine out with a powerball some wax and they look as good as new. But my passenger fog light just is beet to **** I just need a new one lol .. my car is almost complete to specs. All I need is my springs, supercharger and ill be mighty fine. But im going to think about the supercharger for 2500. I could sell my car and het a newing gt for a good price. But not the power. Should I just make mine a sleeper?
I have a loan on my 07 GT right now & it kicks me in the @$$ every time I think about it. I pre-paid 6 months of car payments so I'm not having to fork out anything at the moment for it but if I could curtail payments, I would. Nothing beats owning a rig outright & if you have your's free & clear, keep it. Sink more money into upgrading & improving it. From what I understand, my 07 will go faster than your 97 if we have the same upgrades on a side by side comparison. The biggest factor will be you having a head-start on upgrading because I'm paying the car off while you're sinking more money & well invested time into making your's a better rig. I would trade my 07 GT with payments for a free & clear 97 any day. Trust me, you don't want payments if you can avoid them.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yeh that's true you have about 280 to the wheels or so im sure I could easily get that but its costly lol. But yeah true I do like having no payemnt on it. One thing I do like about my car its an auto. Drive my friends v6 5 speed 2007 ands it's nice but not my forte. I like haveing the rumble and what not. But I could just supercharge mine and be happy!! Plus my gt is looking better by the day!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeh that's true you have about 280 to the wheels or so im sure I could easily get that but its costly lol. But yeah true I do like having no payemnt on it. One thing I do like about my car its an auto. Drive my friends v6 5 speed 2007 ands it's nice but not my forte. I like haveing the rumble and what not. But I could just supercharge mine and be happy!! Plus my gt is looking better by the day!
I'm the opposite & maybe it's my ADHD, but if I don't have a manual then I go INSANE! My buddy has an 06 GT & he rode in my rig today during lunch. He told me driving a manual would drive him ballistic whereas I'm not able to see myself driving anything else. I don't get into stop & go traffic too often so I don't have to worry about the whole riding the clutch annoyance people complain about. Keep that car payment free so you can spend money on car parts & fast women.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yeah the pros and cons lol
Old 06-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol yeah the pros and cons lol
if it's got t**ts or tires, it's going to cost you money.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Yes sir lol
Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
Like this. Keep these hidden and add the additional 2 you're talkin' about or just keep these and your headlights.
yes I was thinking about doing that as well but figured that
1)the lights downlow looks much more badass and slightly more functional
and 2)I'm most likely going to run blue strobes in my grille and lights and all that good stuff.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

It's going to look just plain nasty bad @$$!!! I just told my ole lady today that I'll need to get a body kit cuz the underside of my front bumper is ripped to sh|t, she said ok to the front bumper but I'll finagle a body kit on. I'm with you though, lights on the bottom would be awesome. What about the 2 little small lights next to the foggers like the Eleanor 'Stang?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #57
Road Trip!

Yeah I can't too much to her now cuz like you I have those payments to make...but I'm ahead a couple months and want to atleast do something...I figured lights would be nice.....but I'm not going to do the ones off to the side because then you have to cut into the bumber and run extra wires and all that....if the wiring wasn't already done for these I wouldn't even bother doing it...
Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I can't too much to her now cuz like you I have those payments to make...but I'm ahead a couple months and want to atleast do something...I figured lights would be nice.....but I'm not going to do the ones off to the side because then you have to cut into the bumber and run extra wires and all that....if the wiring wasn't already done for these I wouldn't even bother doing it...
Wish I could do the same. I'm ahead on payments so the ole lady is demanding a wedding instead of upgrades. I'd rather go forward with the car but as the saying goes; "happy wife, happy life". I support that even if we aren't in matrimony right now.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #59
Road Trip!

WEDDING?!?!?! ohhh let me tell you something...I got **** out of a Raptor because of a ****ing $30-40,000 wedding and the marriage lasted a ****ing year!!!! I mean should've just went with the Raptor. Or a GT500...
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
WEDDING?!?!?! ohhh let me tell you something...I got **** out of a Raptor because of a ****ing $30-40,000 wedding and the marriage lasted a ****ing year!!!! I mean should've just went with the Raptor. Or a GT500...
That's about what I'm figuring. Thankfully we are going to be spending maybe 1-5% of what you spent but gotta do what the ole lady is asking. She also supports my stupid hobbies and escapades by contributing her income. I'll also be able to invest a lot more into the car once I'm able to get her paid off & the marriage thing outta the way.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #61
Road Trip!

yeah I wouldn't spend a lot on a wedding...because it's just flair and nobody remembers it anyway...I sure don't.....but it's good she supports your hobbies and whatnot always nice to have a girl like that...................HOWEVER I doubt she'd like you referring to it as "this marriage thing" haha

but man these lights......
Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah I wouldn't spend a lot on a wedding...because it's just flair and nobody remembers it anyway...I sure don't.....but it's good she supports your hobbies and whatnot always nice to have a girl like that...................HOWEVER I doubt she'd like you referring to it as "this marriage thing" haha

but man these lights......
Are you running the stock front fascia and bodykit on your Shelby GT? I'm thinking if you are then I'll be having to pick up the kit & have a body shop move the lights to the bottom of my front bumper & put in the other lights next to them like Eleanor, I just freakin' love that look BUT I'll be having to wait until no more payments. Course then the ole lady may want babies or somethin'.. Eek!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #63
Road Trip!

yeah the fascia is the same but the billet grille isn'tsimply a swap from the plastic like on the '07.....they did something different to it and completely replaced some stuff...........BUT I love it!!!! and the tri-bar pony on the side really sets it off....but I've been considering this look for a while and the more I think about it the more I like it!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah the fascia is the same but the billet grille isn'tsimply a swap from the plastic like on the '07.....they did something different to it and completely replaced some stuff...........BUT I love it!!!! and the tri-bar pony on the side really sets it off....but I've been considering this look for a while and the more I think about it the more I like it!!!!
Lookin' sick nonetheless.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Isn't this my post!!!! Haha just kidding lol can't wait fir springs to get here!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gtdriver
Isn't this my post!!!! Haha just kidding lol can't wait fir springs to get here!!
Yup, you're also the one not wanting to cruise with your newly installed upgrades too.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yeah something like that!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion