6 disc cd changer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #1

6 disc cd changer

Ok I have a 2001 mustang gt and it has a 6 disc changer. I feel really dumb asking this but. How do you load cds into it? I can't get it to take a cd. And the front flap is pretty much stuck shut. Do I hit load and put the cd in or like is there a combination to get it to take a cd? Anything will be helpful
98zx23369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: 6 disc cd changer

First of all...don't feel dumb at all...when I first bought my stang I asked the salesman how to load cd's in it.

If the Mach system is operating correctly, you should be able to press "load", then select which slot you want to load, then the flap will open and you insert the disc. The same applies when ejecting discs.

Now, the Mach 460/1000's with the in dash 6 disc changers are known to jam up and eat your discs after time. Mine has done it to me, actually over a year ago and I gave up. I use an Ipod player these days anyways, so the jammed unit doesn't bother me.

Unfortunately it is a p.i.t.a. to get the changer working properly if it is jammed. You can try prying the loading door open and see if a disc is stuck inside...if that's the case you'll have to gently work the disc into place and see if it will eject or if you can pull it out.

If there are no discs in the changer, than the the unit is probably worn out. You can get a remanufactured one from Ford for ~$315, they will want your old unit as a core.

Or you can try and find a used player from someone or from a junk yard. Only issue there is that you could be buying a player in the same condition.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Disc changers, takes me right back to junior high and high school. I've been using an iPhone and iPod for so long now that I have no clue how to use one anymore!!!
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've thought about retrofitting one of those Mach systems for my fox. Ive got the optional 7 band equalizer for those years but all they came with was tape players. Kinda stuck lol

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #5

Well mines broken so ill probably just put a touch screen double dim in. Sucks though because I kinda liked that stereo. Thanks for your help though. And the unit itsself is nice but its unrelible. I would just put a nice clean aftermarket stereo in you fox body
98zx23369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: 6 disc cd changer

yeah but I hate the "holes" in the dash that come from it, I'll probably put a touch screen as well.
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I have the mach 1000 and mine would not play cds or eject them. I took it an took it apart just to see if it had any broken parts. I didn't see any got my cds out put it back together installed it and it has been jam free for a couple of months.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion