I wear my boxers with the pony on the front!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I wear my boxers with the pony on the front!!

Have you ever heard some big mouth know it all ever stand in their lawn and yell out slow down or something stupid just because your car was loud? If you have any stories along these lines write it out here and let us all laugh with you because some people are just not all there!! No names or photos of these idiots

My story,

So I have lived in this neighborhood for about the last 2 years and no one waves everyone for the most part does not seem very friendly. Well I came home today to try to work the bubbles out of my low quality vinyl tint I received yesterday when someone walked by. I gave a little wave and got nothing in return.
I went inside gathered up my computer and jumped into the car needing a little time in a boring place like Starbucks where I am now. So I got in my car and the speed limit in the neighborhood is 25mph. I have roush axle back exhaust on the back of my car so 4000 rpms sounds like most race cars dragging down a strip.
So I take off from the stop sign turning onto the road to get out of the neighborhood when i make eye contact with shamoooo herself. Her presence blocked out the sun at the moment i was driving past her place in 2nd gear 3000 rpms 30mph and she yells out at the top of her lungs SLOW DOWN!! (swear it shook the earth for a second) Well it took me a little bit for my ears to stop ringing and register what she said and it was probably better that it didn't register because I just happen to be in a mood today where i have no patience.
But her dumb remark at five over with my loud exhaust has inspired me to create this thread and I know there are more entertaining stories out there then mine. So have at it.
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: I wear my boxers with the pony on the front!!

I would have romped on it for her.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

haha I don't know if my exhaust is able to overcome the vocal cords of a killer whale but the good news is she is slower when she is beached
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'm the guy that yells at morons speeding through my neighborhood. Even had a few kids stop and apologize. Then again I cruise through the neighborhood in 2nd, never over 2500 rpms. I wake ppl up just cranking it...no need to cause more harm, I do have to live next to these people.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I was leaving practice from school and hit like 25 in th parking lot in first at 4200 rpms in first. When I got to practice th next day my coach starte yelling at me about how I should never go that fast outta the parking lot ever again. And because I know my car better than him I argued with him until he was like "fine if you wanna stay here stop arguing" so I stopped.
10 seconds later I mutter "buy a radar gun and we'll talk" and he throws a hissy fit and boots me from practice
Oh yea, he drives an Accord. He thinks it's th ****
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Regular
Supporter

I never speed through my neighborhood either but if anyone ever yelled out at me to slow down I would for sure be inclined to let em have it.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

haha and he owns a ricer.....I just got dirty looks from everyone in a quiet starbucks for laughing out loud almost like a library in here
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Regular
Supporter

You need "The pooter" for starbucks.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have more too. My cars just so loud and everyone yells at me
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I have all kinds of ppl yelling at me to slow down but im going slow i kno its my loud exhaust. Ive ha ppl threaten to call the cops or ppl try to kick me outof the neighborhood. Ppl spray the waterhose at me now that was funny lol i was pissed tho cuz i just washed my car. I slammed on the brakes and reverse it back to the guy an he yells at me sayin im childish and my car is too loud. I made him dry my car and i took of loud as hell so he could hear me leaving lol. Ive had ppl tell me to rev it louder. I really dont care wat anyone says i love my car and my exhaust. If they dont like it buy me a new mustang and ill try to keep it quiet. Lol
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I was cruisin through the same parking lot and was on my phone. Now the parking lot had 3 cars in it. And some guy yelled at me (wasn't sure if it was cause I was "speeding" or cause I was on my phone). So I stopped and floored it and spun my car and took off out of the parking lot laying rubber by him. Shut him up good
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

yeah people seem to have opinions on the wrong topics and they only like to hear themselves talk and yell to make themselves tough for the day
Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
yeah people seem to have opinions on the wrong topics and they only like to hear themselves talk and yell to make themselves tough for the day
Yeah. I've passed inspection and never had any trouble with police with the noise, so shut up it's legal
Old 07-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
That is hilarious plus I don't have gas like that guy does he has madd skills
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have no cats. Its tough for me to pass inspection. Ive had cop pull me over before cuz my car was soo loud but it was a cool cop. He said he could hear me turn my car on and start driving towards him and he pulled me over an said i have a very nice sounding car and gave me a warning for my sticker being expired.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

those are the types to run into, when I had my first car which was a crown victoria ex cop car, a cop pulled me over for speeding gave me a warning, then we pulled onto the main drag to a red light where he rolled his window down and asked me if I wanted to race new crown v.s. old crown
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
those are the types to run into, when I had my first car which was a crown victoria ex cop car, a cop pulled me over for speeding gave me a warning, then we pulled onto the main drag to a red light where he rolled his window down and asked me if I wanted to race new crown v.s. old crown
Lol if a cop ever asked me to do that i would have to say nooo thanks lol. That sounds like a trap for jail. Ill just let him take off and ill go thru the light slow lol.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's awesome. I have no mufflers so it's hard to pass too, but I know all cop hideouts so I just shift up and keep at a low rpm.
Pulled over 3 times by 7 dick cops (3 the first and second time and one cool cop the third time) and still only got warnings
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

yeah that's what i did but if i had his voice saying that on tape and he arrested me i would go after him for entrapment........comes into play in more then just soliciting prostitution
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah that's what i did but if i had his voice saying that on tape and he arrested me i would go after him for entrapment........comes into play in more then just soliciting prostitution
Did you race him?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

no i didn't, I was a little shook up from him pulling me over to begin with because i was well over 30 mph and said he wasn't able to get a lock on me with radar just that it said i was at least 10 over
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no i didn't, I was a little shook up from him pulling me over to begin with because i was well over 30 mph and said he wasn't able to get a lock on me with radar just that it said i was at least 10 over
Lucky guy. You woulda been screwed!
I blew 3 stop signs the first time I got pulled over. Had my car searched too
Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

haha I imagine they thought you were blitzed on something when you got pulled over for that. Although you are a MA driver
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

my neighbor calls the cops on the guy a few houses down who has the sickkest 99-04mustang gt wth boss striping with an insanely loud exhuast.( which it doesnt say boss it just has the stripes where bosses do)and i was talking to my neighbor and i was saying how much i like the look of the car, and he goes o the guy with the boss?! i call the cops all the time on him for speeding! and im thinking wow you know your mustangs LOL and thats just being a jerk becasue like who cares if he is speeding cars go faster down the road all the time. and stop being a taddle tale its not like kids are out playing in the streets. i just cant stand people who want to cause trouble like that
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

/\ my road is a 35-40mph road not a 25 so its not like its a slow road anyway

ive been yelled at by a guy in the passenger seat of an eclipse for going the speed limit lol. then he went around me and cut me off. and just to prove i wasnt going slow i was following my friend that was in front of me before i was cut off. i was pretty mad
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I had a cop that had it out for me while i was a kid, I had a radar detector and he pegged me on a old back road digging for a reason to pull me over. It got to the point where when he talked to people on the road I drove down he always mentioned the blue crown victoria but what the dumb *** didn't realize is that there were 2 crown vics that drove down that road and both of them were blue and both of us drove fast being 60 in a 45 but just a really touchy cop he was especially after he lost his hub caps
Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
haha I imagine they thought you were blitzed on something when you got pulled over for that. Although you are a MA driver
Masshole lol. And it was 2 days before 4/20 so they were out to get teens. I was in my dads truck too not even my car.
2 times I've been pulled over within 3 houses of my home
Old 07-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

what does your dad drive? you know you having a red car doesn't make it any easier for you and cops red cars are most likely to get pulled over more then any other color
Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what does your dad drive? you know you having a red car doesn't make it any easier for you and cops red cars are most likely to get pulled over more then any other color
2000 chevy silverado. Dark blue. Been pulled over more in that than in my car. Haven't been pulled over since painting my car lol
Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

nice what color was it before...and thats probably because the cops are still looking for u in the original color
Old 07-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Have you ever heard some big mouth know it all ever stand in their lawn and yell out slow down or something stupid just because your car was loud? If you have any stories along these lines write it out here and let us all laugh with you because some people are just not all there!! No names or photos of these idiots

My story,

So I have lived in this neighborhood for about the last 2 years and no one waves everyone for the most part does not seem very friendly. Well I came home today to try to work the bubbles out of my low quality vinyl tint I received yesterday when someone walked by. I gave a little wave and got nothing in return.
I went inside gathered up my computer and jumped into the car needing a little time in a boring place like Starbucks where I am now. So I got in my car and the speed limit in the neighborhood is 25mph. I have roush axle back exhaust on the back of my car so 4000 rpms sounds like most race cars dragging down a strip.
So I take off from the stop sign turning onto the road to get out of the neighborhood when i make eye contact with shamoooo herself. Her presence blocked out the sun at the moment i was driving past her place in 2nd gear 3000 rpms 30mph and she yells out at the top of her lungs SLOW DOWN!! (swear it shook the earth for a second) Well it took me a little bit for my ears to stop ringing and register what she said and it was probably better that it didn't register because I just happen to be in a mood today where i have no patience.
But her dumb remark at five over with my loud exhaust has inspired me to create this thread and I know there are more entertaining stories out there then mine. So have at it.
hahaha awesome! simular thing happened to me a few days back on the way too work. they yelled slow down so i dropped it in second and left them two marks to look at out the window of their house!
IamtheMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
nice what color was it before...and thats probably because the cops are still looking for u in the original color
It was factory red with spraypainted black hood trunk and roof. It's was bad (the pic is rainy).
But now it's all red and stands out more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3430647036.png
Views:	135
Size:	767.7 KB
ID:	29551  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

yeah to each is his own but they looked like they really tried hard to do something that unfortunately only made it look cheap
Old 07-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah to each is his own but they looked like they really tried hard to do something that unfortunately only made it look cheap
Yeah. Everyone told me I shouldve kept that scheme but make it look good, but I was feeling it.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

gotta go with your gut and stick to it naturally you are your own worst critic unless u think ur crap smells like flowers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion