wax!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
wax!!!

What brand of wax do u guys use for your mustang?
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
I liked the Ice by turtle wax. It's a nice less expensive wax but did an excellent job on my car.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Meansaleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 181
I use Zymol Titanium. Expensive but the results are amazing.
Meansaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meansaleen
I use Zymol Titanium. Expensive but the results are amazing.
Where could i purchase that product. I never hear of it. Is it really nice?
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Meansaleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia

Where could i purchase that product. I never hear of it. Is it really nice?
http://www.zymol.com/zymoltitaniumglaze8oz.aspx
Meansaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Avelar_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 49
Meguiar's ultimate paste wax, easily rubbed on and takes off with a smooth finish. Very nice. They also carry a liquid wax which I have not used.
Avelar_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelar_5.0
Meguiar's ultimate paste wax, easily rubbed on and takes off with a smooth finish. Very nice. They also carry a liquid wax which I have not used.
Yeah i think im gonna give it a try!!!
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: wax!!!

Hi-temp- Bahama Momma liquid wax. It gives the cars a great shine that lasts about 6 to 12 months. I may try a paste wax designed for Red Cars in the near future. Just to see if I notice any difference.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
03GT88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 532
Turtle wax original. And autoshine spray wax
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Thanks to all of u guys!!!! But im still undecided lol
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: wax!!!

This is the hi-temp found at Top of the Line. I've used this stuff for years and it satisfies me and most of my neighbors and friends that beg me to detail their cars.

Carnauba waxes can be a thick paste or creamy liquid. "Bahama Mama" is our first liquid Carnauba wax. It produces a deep, protective gloss while leaving a layer of UV protection over the paint.

Even our High-End brands can't match this liquid wax's luxurious consistency and ease of application. The smooth, creamy wax can be quickly applied with an orbital polisher, or without effort by hand. If you don't want a paste wax, Bahama Mama is the solution.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
This is the hi-temp found at Top of the Line. I've used this stuff for years and it satisfies me and most of my neighbors and friends that beg me to detail their cars.

Carnauba waxes can be a thick paste or creamy liquid. "Bahama Mama" is our first liquid Carnauba wax. It produces a deep, protective gloss while leaving a layer of UV protection over the paint.

Even our High-End brands can't match this liquid wax's luxurious consistency and ease of application. The smooth, creamy wax can be quickly applied with an orbital polisher, or without effort by hand. If you don't want a paste wax, Bahama Mama is the solution.
Wow, im gonna try it!!!!
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Avelar_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia
Thanks to all of u guys!!!! But im still undecided lol
It can be a bit overwhelming at first, there are so many types of wax out there. I say do the research by Internet, by mouth, and like you did now forums. YouTube has so good vids by people trying different types of wax, FYI.
Avelar_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelar_5.0

It can be a bit overwhelming at first, there are so many types of wax out there. I say do the research by Internet, by mouth, and like you did now forums. YouTube has so good vids by people trying different types of wax, FYI.
Yeah u r right bro, well thanks for all the comments!!!!!
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: wax!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia View Post
Wow, im gonna try it!!!!
Sweet it is good stuff! It's really easy to work with and smells nice. I've used a lot of products and it seems to be the best. I get it at Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Care Products, Car Cleaning Supplies
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
sinister07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Region: California
Posts: 379
Re: wax!!!

I have used Griot's Garage "Best of Show" carnauba wax. When I had my black Roush, it was the only wax that did not show streaks after a few days in the Central Valley heat. I use it now on the Grabber Orange Saleen and the results are amazing! A little spendy, but worth every penny.

Best of Show Wax� - Griot's Garage
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Wax skyline247 Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 9 08-22-2011 12:13 PM
Factory Vinyl Damage SilverPony Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 4 08-09-2011 07:33 PM
how often should you wax? znpzmustang Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 20 07-09-2011 04:30 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.