Originally Posted by svtlx
this topic is dangerously close to turning into street racing thread. your not gonna get any responses before your thread gets closed.... sorry bud.
Very close indeed.
We do not condone street racing in any form for any reason.
It is a particularly stupid way to lose your car, license or yours or someone else's life.
That being made clear and in the interest of providing information:
1. Go to the race track to practice and to race.
2. Follow all safety and track rules to keep you and bystanders safe.
3. Try launching at various rpms starting at about 1500-2000 and working your way up to see what produces the best launch without excessive bogging or wheelspin.
4. Use "stickier" tires, drag radials or slicks.
5. Try lower tire pressures. (It is best if your tire has been screwed to the rim for this scenario
.) You want to find the optimum "contact patch" for the size tire you have. This puts the most rubber in contact with the road and produces the best traction.
6. Upgrade your suspension components to allow for optimum weight transfer. This allows weight to shift to the back tires on take off for better traction, which means you can apply more power during launch making the car faster.