Do you have pride in driving a Stang? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Do you have pride in driving a Stang?

Loving this Mustang pride thing, got the thumbs up from someone driving a Race Red Mustang almost exactly like mine yesterday!
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11
I have pride except the many queers that rock stangs kinda piss me off but oh well I dig my ride and most of yall's
I know exactly how you feel!
GTstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #38

Region: Wisconsin

I am on my third Mustang. My 1st was a 91 GT, 2nd was a 96 GT and now I am back to a 1989 GT convert. Always loved the Mustangs. So yes I have alot of pride in driving my Mustang.
feisty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

My mustang must be ugly or cursed because no one driving one that passes me ever waves or anything and when parked no one pays any attention to it, oh well I love it any way and am proud to own it.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
My mustang must be ugly or cursed because no one driving one that passes me ever waves or anything and when parked no one pays any attention to it, oh well I love it any way and am proud to own it.
A guy almost got rear ended rubber necking at my car yesterday. I get questioned all the time about my car, and have been getting compliments from the gm guys. It definitely gives my pride that extra nudge.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I think your mustang looks pretty good. They're just jealous.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Yes! who couldn't have pride in a nice mustang? I met a guy with a '97 cobra in Florida and we hit it off great talking about our cars. Not only are they beautiful and impressive, they're great ice breakers!
93cobradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I like meeting new people with the same passion as mine, and its pretty cool having fellow mustangers wave when you drive by, getting ideas, comments and stories about the ponys, and just the thought of owning a piece of American history I have pride in my Stang
snakebitv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Hard not to have pride in a car with such an incredible history and gets so many positive comments. I’ve gotten thumbs up from hot rodders, Harley riders and people just standing on the side of the road. A few days ago, as a few kids crossed the road in front of me, one yelled “I love your car!” It’s good to see younger kids appreciating American Muscle.

2010 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
2002 Escape XLT - Dk Highland Green
RobtRoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I love driving my stang. When me and another stang ride I can tell how its a different vibe from other cars because of the greatness stangs just put out!
dlove03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf

Heck yes, my Stallion is what i wake up for every morning, the drive that keeps me going!

I get thumbs up from big bikers nearly everyday, high fives when i'm at a stop light, and random people walking up to me when i park anywhere i swear its a phenomenon!
- well its not that surprising for a revolutionary icon with almost 50 years of galloping history under its belt! - nothing compares to it's hegemony.

Because of my stang(s) and extensive knowledge of them i've been invited to exquisite shows, private auctions, i've got a date every night, people just walk up and give me money or awesome free things! ($500 to put in my car and free paint) (i have witnesses to back that up!).

its not the respect or free things i get that make me happy and content, but that my car gets the respect it well deserves, even as a v6! with a woman driving it!

It fulfills me to see everyone's head turn and follow the lead of my car. Such a legendary icon that gets such honor and admiration, is what burns the fire in my heart as it does in my engine's.

This sounds crazy but - my stang is what taught me what i know today, Its what got me my racing sponsorship, it keeps the will and flame to live in my heart, its got me so many places and for that it has my ultimate respect. I dont know what or where i would be without my beast!

I cant even begin to describe how proud i am of my Pony!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that understands how mustang owners feel about their cars. I bought my first stang last year and have been loving it ever since. I agree that people who talk down to people who own a v6, are not true mustang lovers. Have to love those days where you just wake up and decide that its a good day to detail the mustang. : )
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorF25
I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that understands how mustang owners feel about their cars. I bought my first stang last year and have been loving it ever since. I agree that people who talk down to people who own a v6, are not true mustang lovers. Have to love those days where you just wake up and decide that its a good day to detail the mustang. : )
Ugh yes I brush mine off every morning, wash it every other day, detail it twice a week, and vacuum the interior once a week.

It just so relaxing to feel your hands run across the smooth, strong metal and trace your fingers along the powerful curves of your beast,makes my day everytime!

As for v6s I agree, still a stallion. Don't forget about the v4s in the 3rdv gen!
And the driver is just as important as the car, I've beaten cars waaaayyyy out if my league don't even get me started on the list!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Xoxo2ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
You must live in Cali. I pass at least 20 mustangs a day and no one ever waves or anything. =(. And your stang is far from ugly.
Xoxo2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxo2ya View Post
You must live in Cali. I pass at least 20 mustangs a day and no one ever waves or anything. =(. And your stang is far from ugly.
Yup I live in cali and thanks for the compliment I appreciate it.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #50

Region: Oklahoma

My stang isn't the best lookin' and it's sure not the most powerful but I feel the rush of pride everytime I get behind the wheel of it. I've loved mustangs as long as I can remember and I never dreamed i'd actually own one. It really is a dream come true for me to own one.

There's about 3 mustangs sitting in the driveway at a house in the neighborhood where my father lives and they were out working on them one day as I drove by. They waved at me and I waved back. Later when i was leaving they were out there again. I stopped for a while and we just sat there talkin about our cars for about an hour. Was just a great feeling seeing a complete stranger become an amazing friend because of our pride and love for the car!
albabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

My Ponys scratched and dented from her last owner. I still drive her like its the first day I got her. I love her and wont get rid of her ever.
Romeofalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Yes!! I have pride in driving a Mustang! My family has 4 Mustangs in total, and I have been around them since I was born, I love driving my stang, and both of my dads cars are more badass than mine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion