Do you have pride in driving a Stang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #1

Region: Virginia
Do you have pride in driving a Stang?

Every time I see a mustang when I'm driving mine, I feel like that guys my brother and I'm not afraid to go talk about our cars. Anyone have any stories on meeting other Stang owners?
Stangteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Most are cool but I get some flack for having a V6 and also for being a girl. I ignore the ignorant people and talk to the cool people who aren't so quick to judge

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
The AM show was awesome

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I love my car. It might not be the fastest, the most good looking, or even the cleanest mustang, but its a mustang. And i wear that as a badge of honor. Also, turning heads isn't so bad either.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: Do you have pride in driving a Stang?

I have had 3 Mustangs over the years and have to say I love mine. I even have my 4 year old son saving for his own Mustang when he gets older! I always drive mine with pride!
lonewolf26330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Always with pride, and you can tell that by the way it looks. I don't like those who don't have pride in driving their Stangs or don't take care of them. Those who think they are better because they drive a V8, Shelby, Mach 1, etc and look down on those who drive a V6 are not true Mustang lovers...You have to appreciate them all, even there are a few you wouldn't own. And a girl owning a Mustang is almost hotter than the Mustang itself. Just my 2cents.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy

i agree completely. This is my fourth mustang and a friend of mine was with me as we were going to look at an 87 that he was interested in when he asked me the question about what it was with me and mustangs. I explained the whole story about when I was a kid and my dad and I would point out stangs on the road and we would always give ourselves whiplash turning to look at them. I grew up with a love for the car and I have never been disappointed with them. Every year they come out with a better one and it always stays in the same price range. Add a 100 hp and guess what still the same price. So now that I have picked up the 11 and I have been telling my dad about all the things I have been doing to it he jokingly brought up the idea of me driving back to Wisconsin from Washington when I get back from my deployment but only as a joke. What he doesn't know is I am driving it back and parking it in the driveway so neither one of us has to suffer whiplash looking at the stang.

On a side note lately I have been getting a lot of compliments from people who don't even drive mustangs. Which is nice its own sense but there is nothing like driving down the road with a herd of mustangs on a four lane

p.s. that friend of mine that asked me the question bought the 87 and is now in the process of restoring it, he was a camaro and chevelle boy up until now
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
i agree completely. This is my fourth mustang and a friend of mine was with me as we were going to look at an 87 that he was interested in when he asked me the question about what it was with me and mustangs. I explained the whole story about when I was a kid and my dad and I would point out stangs on the road and we would always give ourselves whiplash turning to look at them. I grew up with a love for the car and I have never been disappointed with them. Every year they come out with a better one and it always stays in the same price range. Add a 100 hp and guess what still the same price. So now that I have picked up the 11 and I have been telling my dad about all the things I have been doing to it he jokingly brought up the idea of me driving back to Wisconsin from Washington when I get back from my deployment but only as a joke. What he doesn't know is I am driving it back and parking it in the driveway so neither one of us has to suffer whiplash looking at the stang.

On a side note lately I have been getting a lot of compliments from people who don't even drive mustangs. Which is nice its own sense but there is nothing like driving down the road with a herd of mustangs on a four lane

p.s. that friend of mine that asked me the question bought the 87 and is now in the process of restoring it, he was a camaro and chevelle boy up until now
Nice, I'm sure your Dad will be thrilled.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i love being on the freeway and me and about 3 or 4 other mustangs are just bunched up, you dont even have to know the other drivers and you just know that they have the same pride as you as yall are just cruzin down the freeway passing other cars and having everyone stare and little kids point out the backseat window. great feeling.
crkmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Not only do I have pride in my Stang but mostly I have pride for Ford. Motor city here and ford motor company helps keep Michigan a great state to live. Go lions !!!

02 GT : LT headers, H pipe, Cat back, 80mm TB, Intake, Strut tower bar, lightweight pullies All BBK, drilled and slotted rotors, Clear headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Hid kit for both head and fog, chin spoiler,18' chrome 2010 GT wheels with nitto tires
GTtopgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Im so pride of my car, since i remember i always wanted a mustang, two year ago i bought my baby(04 mustang gt) i love my car......pride of having one, and to know people like u guys: that love mustangs!!!!!!! Thanks ford.
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Only two models I ever wanted, an early 64 1/2- 68 and a fox. I got my fox and couldn't be happier with it. It doesn't look the best but I am more worried about getting it in great mechanical shape before looks come in.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Couldn't have anymore pride!!!! whenever someone new gets in my car and we're driving along after about 15 minutes they're always like "Why are you waving to every mustang? and why are you breaking your neck to look at every mustang???" or why did that guy flash his lights??

Sometimes it's hard to explain the passion that bonds us all together....a lot of people don't understand it even after you explain it...they just like mustangs and think that's as far as it should go...but we all know better...it's a passion and an obsession and every single one of us has it
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Yes I do. It still seems kind of unreal having such a beast in the driveway. I really like when another parks beside me or when you get the thumbs up goin down the road.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #15
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

I drive mine with pride...I love mustangs.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Every time i look at my mustang I wondr how in the hell did I ever get such a nice car I take a lot of pride in owning a stang I wash it at least three times a month because a clean stang is a happy stang and a happy and very proud owner, to me the mustang is the nicest car on the road and the only car I will evr own. I just wish I would have found out how great they are when I was younger.
LONG LIVE YHE MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ive learned to pick out those that might actually have interest or knowledge to talk about cars vs those that dont.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
ive 1st fell in love with the mustang when my dad had a 67. i was about 13. im still in love and always will be. after seeing the 67 shelby gt500 in gone in 60 seconds i was like damn thats one sexy car. i only owned 2 including the one i have now. i will live by the mustang i will die by the mustang. MUSTANG FOR LIFE always will be my car of choice. sry bout the long post lol
Old 09-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

+1,000,000,000
Old 09-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTtopgear View Post
Not only do I have pride in my Stang but mostly I have pride for Ford. Motor city here and ford motor company helps keep Michigan a great state to live. Go lions !!!
i think you might like this sense you said you love motor city, i got it done awhile back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cody motor city.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	539.8 KB
ID:	31498  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crkmonzo

i think you might like this sense you said you love motor city, i got it done awhile back
Looks great !

02 GT : LT headers, H pipe, Cat back, 80mm TB, Intake, Strut tower bar, lightweight pullies All BBK, drilled and slotted rotors, Clear headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Hid kit for both head and fog, chin spoiler,18' chrome 2010 GT wheels with nitto tires
GTtopgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

thanks, i am from the motor city and i actually just moved to florida about a month ago to go to UTI. lol but ill be back to the motor city soon.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Its hard to not have pride- just park 3 or 4 Mustangs together in a parking lot, and wait. Before too long, random people will cruise through, taking pictures and posing their kids with the cars. I can't think of any other kind of vehicle that gets that kind of attention, except maybe street rods.

I also get swelled up with pride when I drive down the road and total strangers give me the thumbs-up.....
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

haha just reading this makes me proud, I'm in the fire service, and its like the brotherhood of firefighters, it's like were all family, and I feel the same about us mustang owners.
afree05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #25

Region: New Jersey

wow sorry i got to this thread late... but i absolutely have pride in driving my mustang. i have always wanted one, and have not owned a car that was not American made. the mustang, in my opinion, is the perfect semblance of American Muscle Cars and that is one of the many many reasons why i love owning one and driving one. i also agree with the point of seeing other mustang owners and considering them, to an extent, family. as a matter of fact, where i am parked right now in my resident parking lot in college, there are two other mustangs parked next to mine and i know that my car feels at home in its spot!
str8upslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I have always thought of the mustang as the harley davidson of cars ,so I am real proud to own one.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Bought my baby a year ago for 400 as a fix-ur-up and I'm in love. Never had a more reliable car and it's never let me down. Drove all winter and even in -10 one turn of the key and she starts. It's also a great feeling when there you drive a v6 stang on the winter and your passing 4x4s sideways going uphill in a snowstorm.(true story lol I had a running start )
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12
Bought my baby a year ago for 400 as a fix-ur-up and I'm in love. Never had a more reliable car and it's never let me down. Drove all winter and even in -10 one turn of the key and she starts. It's also a great feeling when there you drive a v6 stang on the winter and your passing 4x4s sideways going uphill in a snowstorm.(true story lol I had a running start )
Reminds me of the day living in Wisconsin and driving my old sixer plowing snow with the front bumper

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Showed my wife a pic of a 95 R model and said they are awesome! Looked looked at my 6 month old daughter and said "is that what daddy says when he goes outside and sees his car?" she squealed and smiled" and I said "hell ya that's what I say! I love my stang and hated selling the others!"
Old 09-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I agree I'm very proud of my Mustang and of Ford and the car they built. I've owned 3 mustangs so far and have had very little problems with them, just the stuff you'd expect driving everyday.
I see a Mustang coming my way I sit up a little straighter and waive and smile we're all a brotherhood or so I think. At carshows I talk to people about their Mustangs it's a great feeling to be a owner a Mustang!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Pride? My drive way hose like those 02 roush stage 3 98 gt(mine 04 v6 2011 gt500 my buddys care and my dads 88 gt cobra swap when I walk out in the morning I will just looking at all of them and smile wondering what people think when they drive by lol pride is a under statement for how I feel about mustangs
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I definitely have pride in driving my mustang. Not only because it's American, but because of the legacy and history of the stang. Not stopping production when the other companies quit, persevering in the face of high gas prices and the influx of imports, the legendary racing heritage....its all part of the mustang name. I'm definitely proud to say I own a mustang, and that I plan to keep it forever so that I can teach my kids how to drive and maintain cars with it.

I hope I didn't go off topic here lol.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in love with the whole mustang brotherhood. I got my whole family hooked to , when I go home they always tell me what kind they saw today and how good it looked. When I see a mustang coming my way I wave give them a blinker or thumbs up and getting it back makes you feel good. I love mustangs!
GTstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #34

Region: Oklahoma
Being a girl and owning a 5-speed Mach 1 I get a lot of respect but I also get picked on a lot. But I love my Mach and I am very, very proud to own it. Us Mach 1 owners have our own little club.. We give each other head nods whenever we see another Mach.. Its great. Mach 1s FTW.
Mach1Giiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
I have pride except the many queers that rock stangs kinda piss me off but oh well I dig my ride and most of yall's
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion