Getting a new stang gt next week! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Getting a new stang gt next week!

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so these questions might be redundant but I had to ask haha. So some questions I had was what kind of mods I should do first. I'm getting a gt premium but doesn't include the brembo so I'm guessing I need to do something for braking purposes. I want mods that won't necessarily make the car faster but something that will enhance safety and make the car last longer.
I also had questions about maintenance lik what kind of oil I should use when changing oil and what kind of gas I should feed my baby hah.

More about the vehicle, it's a black gt no exterior customs yet but I'll fix that soon. But I'm just super stoked about getting this car I can't wait! Thanks you guys in advance for helping me out with everything. This is gona be great
Daveeemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveeemoon
Hi everyone,
I'm new here so these questions might be redundant but I had to ask haha. So some questions I had was what kind of mods I should do first. I'm getting a gt premium but doesn't include the brembo so I'm guessing I need to do something for braking purposes. I want mods that won't necessarily make the car faster but something that will enhance safety and make the car last longer.
I also had questions about maintenance lik what kind of oil I should use when changing oil and what kind of gas I should feed my baby hah.

More about the vehicle, it's a black gt no exterior customs yet but I'll fix that soon. But I'm just super stoked about getting this car I can't wait! Thanks you guys in advance for helping me out with everything. This is gona be great
I would suggest royal purple for oil it is one of the best performance full synthetics on the market. And I only use 93 octane preferably shell or chevron. Oh! And I recommend getting the brembo package it's definitely worth it
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Also get a cold air induction, I know u didn't want mods to make ur car faster, but it helps your car breath better which will be easier on ur car, plus a little extra horsepower never hurt
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
If your talking about a brand spanking new ride!.. Wait until your first scheduled oil change before you switch to full synthetics!.. And I also second Royal Purple for oil and 93 gas!.. I use Royal Purple for all my lubes!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Hi everyone,

What year mustang?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting the 2012 model that 5.0!

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Oh yeah can u guys also include how much it might be? Just a rough estimate
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

It cost about 8to9$ bucks a quart so about 65$ if u do it ur self and more if u get a shop to do it.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Quote:

U have to pay if u want the best!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Getting a new stang gt next week!

welcome, a word of caution for mods. If you void the warranty then you wont be covered if you break anything and many things can void it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
welcome, a word of caution for mods. If you void the warranty then you wont be covered if you break anything and many things can void it.
If u put bolt ons always keep ur factory stuff just incase of anything.
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah of I mod anything I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it thru the ford dealerships probably or atleast consult with them. I'm kinda worried about the winter season coming up . I live in jersey and I'll prolly be getting some snow. I don't have a garage so I'm gonna need a cover. Anything else I would need?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion