Setting of car alarms?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Setting of car alarms??

I have a 2001 gt with SLP LMs and a 2003 F150 with long tube headers and set off car alarms all the time ! Anybody have the same issue haha?
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
From time to time I do have that "problem"!... Hahahaha but I actually call it fun!!!... Hahahahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha I have the same "problem" in the parking garages at my school! It's always fun to drive down a row and see how many you can set off at the same time lol
redstang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

When ever I heard the chirp of a car alarm, I used to hunt it down and intentionally drive by it to set it off!!... Hahahahaha
Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
When ever I heard the chirp of a car alarm, I used to hunt it down and intentionally drive by it to set it off!!... Hahahahaha
Hahahaha same here!
redstang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Setting of car alarms??

It happens all the time in our parking deck at school. Stupid ricers.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ya Hondas and stuff haha. Once a grandma was waiting in her car at hobby lobby. And I had my stang in neutral and just kept setting her alarm off. She had no clue!! It was crazy funny!!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I once set this guys alarm off after he had just walked like five feet away from it!.. If looks could kill!!.... So I drove around and set it off a second time after he had gone into the store!!... Hahahahaha. Hey people should not set their alarms to be so sensitive!.. Lol
Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I once set this guys alarm off after he had just walked like five feet away from it!.. If looks could kill!!.... So I drove around and set it off a second time after he had gone into the store!!... Hahahahaha. Hey people should not set their alarms to be so sensitive!.. Lol
I had a cheap alarm on my old Expedition and every time anything louder then a popcorn fart would pass down my street, my stupid alarm would go off. I even turned the sensitivity all the way down and it was still getting triggered by the slightest vibration. I got fed up with it and finally pulled the fuse. Two days later someone busted my rear window and jacked my deck and my subs while I was in Walmart. Smdh...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Wow... That sucks bro!

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
That's crazy cause I did the same thing at a gas station! The guy was so pissed off! He was yelling and cursing at me!! I just smiled and waved!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Oh man, I was parked at a 2 mile 2000+ car show, and this guy starts revving his engine right next to my car, set the alarm off, then when anyone with a massive rumble would drive by, set my alarm off, good thing I was right there to take care of it! I don't mind it at all, I find it amusing.

But the stupid part is when I'm parked at a regular show, my friend walked up and touched my window to wipe a smudge off, set off the alarm. I'm about ready to just rip the thing out, its just randomly goes off even when nobody is around it!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the people in my apartment absolutely HATE my truck! It's not that annoying loud it's just a super deep tone. Theres about 3 cars that literally started parking across the parking lot to get away from where I park. Haven't gotten many with the stang as she's only a V6. But I too will hear a chirp and go back to find and set off a car alarm.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless
Yeah the people in my apartment absolutely HATE my truck! It's not that annoying loud it's just a super deep tone. Theres about 3 cars that literally started parking across the parking lot to get away from where I park. Haven't gotten many with the stang as she's only a V6. But I too will hear a chirp and go back to find and set off a car alarm.
Yeah I popped my trunk halfway across the parking lot and all hell broke loose with some ricer.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Oh snap! I wasn't even thinking about bass!!! I can do that too! And if all else fails I'll just smash the car with my andale bar... That will set it off for sure! Since this pic I have added shackles welded to the front along with two 5" offroad lights... All I have left is to take it off sand and spray it with bed liner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-300568359.png
Views:	107
Size:	810.2 KB
ID:	34526  
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have set alarms off with my 2 10inch Punchs haha it's so funny! I set one of this morning at school with my F150!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Dear white oldsmobile alero who parks 3 spots down from me. Please turn down the sensitivity on your car alarm. This has been about 2 weeks straight now that I have set your car alarm off with all 3 of my vehicles (car truck and bike). I'm sure the entire apartment complex is probably sick and tired of being reminded of how loud my truck is every morning at 6:00 am. Then again at 6:00 pm when. I get home and again around 7:00 pm when I leave to go hang out with friends and yet again when I get home as late as 2:00 am. It's annoying and news flash we don't live in tha hood nor do you have anything worth stealing!! My vehicles arent going to get quieter anytime soon... And if your alarm keeps going off like this even if someone does break in no one will question it!

Sry guys gotta rant a little!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Can you set off your own? On the way home from PA back to FL, my Viper alarm started going off on the interstate. Thought I was gonna get in trouble for impersonating a police officer because I didn't know how to turn it off.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #18
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
I set a neighbors alarm off on his work van every morning im running late for work because I drive up the block past his van!...if im on time I go down the block to avoid setting it off!...thats me trying to be a good neighbor lol..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I cant even do that... The truck starting under the carport is enough to set it off. And if I'm coming in all I have to do is idle past it.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

I hit my all time smile level when I hit the peak of setting my neighbors alarm off in his garage. He came knocking on my door, and looked at me... said "I see the car is back from the shop?" I said "yeah... well yeah she is why?" "Well I just wanted to let you know you set off my cars alarm as you drove home." I peek around the corner of my garage... "hey bill.. I dont see your car." "I know... its in the garage... Good Job." he smiles, shakes my hand and I sh*t you not says.. "can you go somewhere at like 10 tonight?" "umm... where am I going?" "Ohh.. I dont care, my wife made me mad today and she usually is in bed around 9." lol I got such a kick out of this haha.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #21
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
I hit my all time smile level when I hit the peak of setting my neighbors alarm off in his garage. He came knocking on my door, and looked at me... said "I see the car is back from the shop?" I said "yeah... well yeah she is why?" "Well I just wanted to let you know you set off my cars alarm as you drove home." I peek around the corner of my garage... "hey bill.. I dont see your car." "I know... its in the garage... Good Job." he smiles, shakes my hand and I sh*t you not says.. "can you go somewhere at like 10 tonight?" "umm... where am I going?" "Ohh.. I dont care, my wife made me mad today and she usually is in bed around 9." lol I got such a kick out of this haha.
+ 10
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Winning!!!!!!!!!!!!+100. Thats awesome!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT View Post
Very awesome! lol And now the question everyone is probably wanting to ask.... did you? :p
Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by betojaimes View Post
Very awesome! lol And now the question everyone is probably wanting to ask.... did you? :p
Of course lol I called him up and asked if he wanted to grab a beer. Figured I would be helping him our twice that night lol. and this got me closer to the car so we could set it off twice. Love it when the neighbors actually like the car. 1 refers to me as the alarm clock. She was outside one day and we met at the mailbox, and she wanted to thank me for having such a loud car. I thought she was being sarcastic. and I was like, I am sorry I know its loud. She said no I am being honest. Now anytime I sleep through my alarm, I know that your car will wake me. Havent been late once this summer.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Topless what's ur setup?
Artaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

cammed, and basic bolt ons, and a custom straight pipe into dumps, but the setup is changing todaaaaaaaay losing the xpipe and going with a true dual setup dumping behind the front tires. no X so stoked!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
cammed, and basic bolt ons, and a custom straight pipe into dumps, but the setup is changing todaaaaaaaay losing the xpipe and going with a true dual setup dumping behind the front tires. no X so stoked!
Nice, Thats Sick man
Artaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion