Stabilizing ride. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Region: Pennsylvania
Stabilizing ride.

I have a 2006 GT looking to reduce the bounce and sway in car. What is my first step ? Thanks, Ron

Raltieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
try a coil tower support, at least there called something like that. maybe coil strut?, there only like 150-200 and from what I've heard do quite a bit

afree05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Re: Stabilizing ride.

lower it and add aftermarket sway bars

2010 V6 Premium Mustang , Pypes street-pro Axle back exhaust, K&N Drop in with modified Air box, Diablosport Predator 93 octane Performance Tune, Ford Racing Lowering springs, and Steeda Autorsports Front and Rear Sway Bars.
Ronin327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Region: Texas
Lowering your car, adding strut tower brace bars, anti-sway bars and control arms will do a lot to stiffen your ride and greatly reduce body roll/flexing while cornering which is great for the highway or road courses. But if you are driving down a bumpy road your car will be much more bumpy because lowering your car reduces your struts rebound. it's worth it to me. I've lowered my ride and added some suspension parts. I'm on the highway more and I love how tough the stance of my mustang looks.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion