Inputs please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
Inputs please

Hey guys and gals.

Let me start from the beginning. When I first starting looking for my mustang, I knew what I wanted, and what my budget was. I had a few years already selling cars, and I figured, ok now is the time to start looking. Well I had put myself on forums asking questions, trying to figure out where I could find the car I wanted in my budget. Well After about 1 week of digging through resources I developed I had located her... My dream mustang (at the time of course ) a 2004 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, with 40k miles, and a couple goodies but mostly stock. I paid 8k for my baby, and I flew down to the lovely city of Fayetteville, NC. The first 500 miles of driving from 87, to 77, to 33 was a dream come true. I had a blast and I found my car!
Not even a week went by when I made it home and a neighbor came over to see the car and I told him my tale. I thought he was jokingly adding in some conversation when he said, "If you could find me a 2005-09 for under 16k in anything but black, I would totally buy it." Thus the fixation started. I searched meticulously online for a few hours right off the bat, nothing. I started to tell myself, well maybe you just weren't meant to locate cars for people. The next few days went by when I found it. The baby blue stang he was looking for. I immediately got on the phone and talked to a salesman. I told him what I was doing for a friend and he had his doubts I could tell, so I asked him to let me speak to the used car manager. I am thinking to myself while on hold... what can I do to make this guy understand I am genuine... He picks up the phone.
"Hi, Mr. Adams?"
"I understand you are looking at a car for a friend? Might I ask where again you are calling from?"
"No sir, I don't mind, I am calling from Columbus... Ohio."
"My salesman mentioned that you sold cars before, now you have to realize how skeptical I am about the realistic chances that you are interested in this vehicle when I am located in Florida, and you are in Ohio."
"Yes sir I am, And I understand that I am shopping for a friend as well." (And this is when it hit me)"but did your salesman also mention why I stopped selling cars? I have a love and passion for mustangs, and I cannot begin to explain how difficult it seems to be for people to price out these vehicles. I have taken it into my own hands to help others find the Mustangs that they want, while still getting the best price. You have a car that a Customer of mine is interested in."
It was hook line and sinker from there. Was it wrong to lie? I dont think so, because I from that point on figured, why make it a Lie? Why not turn it into a reality. I found my neighbor his car, and he couldnt stop praising to his family and friends.
(his car)

Since then I have located 12 mustangs for fellow enthusiasts and couldn't sleep last night because I am determining whether or not I should turn this into a full fledged Career. I have been shopping out office spaces here in town and figured I would probably shoot myself if I didnt try this. My only thoughts are skepticism seems to kick in.

I would love to get my fellow ME members thoughts on this.

And my prize find was a 1966 mustang gt coupe that was red, with red vinyl, and red carpet. Original 289 in her, and only 80k miles on her. half dollar size rust spot on right rear 1/4 panel. other than that she was clean as hell.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Ahhh good job friend.
Of course I already talked to you about this long *ss post on skype so you know my opinions you better get to work its 2:56 AM!

2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Region: North Carolina
Awesome story!
Souljahwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Thts awesome

2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
it sounds like a great idea, but i'm not so sure about the timing. I hate to bring it up, but the euro is going to fall soon (imo) and the us dollar aint far behind. depending on what happens in the next election, the US could eventually run into hyperinflation. it depends on who gets elected. our economy wont get any better if we dont change our spending. its rediculous really...we cant borrow our way out of debt. its just a dumb idea. so yeah...I would wait for a bit and see what happens over in europe and with the next election.
sorry about my political rant...
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Region: Indiana
Seems like a low risk idea,depending on price of office space and what not.

dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion