OUCH :( Check out the photo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
OUCH :( Check out the photo

I was just researching some stuff to write and came across this story. The Mustang hit a house and one guy didn't make it, the others are not doing well according to the article... Just want all of my Mustang friends to be safe!

Just check out the first photo on the article... OH MY GAH... Drive safely guys and gals!! Can't get over the photo of the car resting against the house and the truck. Wow.

http://www.leaderherald.com/page/con...ar-hit---.html

Three helicopters responded to the scene.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Wow.. That's what happens on the street. Have herd and read so many stories like this.. Smh that sucks.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: OUCH :( Check out the photo

I know... It's just the photo. That's nuts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Dude gets to go the rest of his life knowing he killed his friend and probably his friends sister. I wouldn't want to live with that. It seems like quite often, the driver survives in these types of careless accidents.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

So sad

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

My ex just got out of jail for vehicular manslaughter of one of my best friend's death who was riding passenger. He was sentenced to three years but served less... he has that over his head too. He was going over 100mph in a newer civic with a donut tire (that he had on for weeks) and clipped a pole and flipped in the woods.

Rest in peace, Bo Rossie. Miss you friend and fishing buddy.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

.000003 seconds is all it takes to make a life endangering decision in a vehicle. At high rates of speed... the Law of Nature is definitely not in your corner. Some of the accidents I have seen on the autobahn defy interpretation....... car parts strewn about for better than half a mile. Saw one with a motorcyclist where is bike was in a billion pieces over 1/4 mile and his body was a good 500 meters in front of the last bits of his bike. And yet I still have friends that brag about hitting 200+mph on the Autobahn... guess you just can't fix STUPID
Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

worst ones Ive seen are of the "porsche girl" crash, They are legally accessible as a learning tool although I can understand why the family wants them taken off the internet. WARNING...... if you choose to look them up do so at your own discretion, they are graphic and horrible. Nikki Catsouras Car Crash – What Exactly Happened
Nicole Catsouras was a good looking young girl. She was 18 year old when she had a little argument because she was doing drugs (cocaine). Her dad, Christos Catsouras may have yelled at her that day after he found out and took the car keys from her car away. As a result, Nikki Catsouras stole keys from his $150k Porsche Carrera, took it on a high way and not having enough driving experience, she was plowing it down at excess of 100 miles per hour.

Porsche she was driving was capable of reaching high speeds and Nikki took advantage of it. She was going way over speed limit when she hit a Honda car that was driving down the highway at 70 mph nearly killing the people inside. The clip made Nikki Catsouras loose control, her fast moving Porsche got off the highway just about missing random people there and crashed full speed into a concrete toll booth.

Nikki Catsouras died instantly. She basically had half of her head decapitated as it got caught between solid concrete and a Porsche speeding at more than 100 mph. Needless to say, Nikki catsouras who was previously a hot chick, turned into a bloody mess with head completely destroyed and hanging over demolished car. Nikki’s brain was all over the place and her blood filled up the ground mixing itself with automobil’s fluids. It was not a pretty sight.

Nikki Catsouras Death Pictures
The police were called on the scene and did what they always do – took pictures of the car crash. As she hit that toll booth at a high speed, her death pictures look extremely horrific, but nothing that highway patrols would not deal with on daily basis. However there was something special about Nikki Catsouras – you don’t always see a super hot blonde girl destroyed like this. Typically hot blonds play cat and mouse games, teasing you for personal amusement, and here she was, completely owned.

As the death pictures were being processed, one of the Californian Highway Patrol Officers dealing with Nikki Catsouras’ death emailed the pictures to his colleague and in all that mess they were leaked outside of the police department and once they were out of there, they hit the net big and that’s how the whole Porsche Girl phenomenon started.
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
.000003 seconds is all it takes to make a life endangering decision in a vehicle. At high rates of speed... the Law of Nature is definitely not in your corner. Some of the accidents I have seen on the autobahn defy interpretation....... car parts strewn about for better than half a mile. Saw one with a motorcyclist where is bike was in a billion pieces over 1/4 mile and his body was a good 500 meters in front of the last bits of his bike. And yet I still have friends that brag about hitting 200+mph on the Autobahn... guess you just can't fix STUPID
Not since 03.15.11, but I've had the 185mph speedo to 180 then it started swinging between 115 and the very bottom. At that time things were largely diff for me. Probably only been on the bike 3x since then. Gotta see my lil girl grow up!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

^^^ OH WOW That's sad about the Porsche girl....

I probably can find the link that made the front page of our paper about my ex and my friend, Bo, or Benjamin Rossie. Big front page, crash photo.

I still leave him shells at his roadside memorial on A1A when I am around from our favorite beach in town.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

They should make ALL young kids look a pictures like that on day one of drivers training..... Horrible
Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
They should make ALL young kids look a pictures like that on day one of drivers training..... Horrible
you are correct! and thats why the judge over ruled the suit that the parents filed to get the "porsche girl" photos removed off the internet. I always think of it this way.. If she was in a car and thats what happened than those yahoo's on their little jet bikes doing 200 down the interstate havent got a chance
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Where I live I was allowed to take a 200 question test, that if you scored 70% or better you could skip the 2 week class. I had two accidents in my first year both deemed my fault(debatable on the first one) either way both were avoidable by me paying attention. Morale is I agree, and ppl should have to take the full class.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
They do, the extra driving class I took firefighters came in and showed us 40 minutes worth of bloody strewn bodies lacerated throughout various vehicles, it looked like hell without flames. And they told us each story behind them. Can you say scarring..? Lol
Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I never had to watch anything besides one video of a kid left paralyzed in a suspension class I had to take for 8 hours.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Not since 03.15.11, but I've had the 185mph speedo to 180 then it started swinging between 115 and the very bottom. At that time things were largely diff for me. Probably only been on the bike 3x since then. Gotta see my lil girl grow up!
I don't know what the fascination with going crazy fast on bikes is. I knew a guy here who has been hit 6 times and every time he got out of the hospital..... he bought a BIGGER bike... cant fix STUPID as I mentioned before.

There is DVD series out called Super Speeders and for the most part I watch it because of the bad *** cars in it.... but they have segments with dudes doing 150mph+ on their bikes...... doing wheelies.

There is another set of videos on youtube of some European dude acting a fool on his bike.... type Ghost Rider in the search bar and you will see what I mean.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
They do, the extra driving class I took firefighters came in and showed us 40 minutes worth of bloody strewn bodies lacerated throughout various vehicles, it looked like hell without flames. And they told us each story behind them. Can you say scarring..? Lol

I had to show my now 16 year old pictures of a kid whose head was crushed by car because he wasn't wearing a helmet while riding his bike... he was 12-13 at the time and thought wearing one made him "Lame"......... never had to tell him to put on his helmet again.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

It does make me really nervous when they do wheelies next to me. We have a lot of the stupid bike riders here that show off and get hurt while on the interstate. We have Bike Week and Biketober Fest right in Daytona where there are bike black out dates here in town.

Our wedding was supposed to be on my late dad's bday, Oct 21st, but we had to switch it to Nov. 5th because of bike week at our lighthouse because that's where I really wanted it. There's a lot of stupid people who come through town and always a fatality or two. I do love bikes though.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

I don't know what the fascination with going crazy fast on bikes is. I knew a guy here who has been hit 6 times and every time he got out of the hospital..... he bought a BIGGER bike... cant fix STUPID as I mentioned before.

There is DVD series out called Super Speeders and for the most part I watch it because of the bad *** cars in it.... but they have segments with dudes doing 150mph+ on their bikes...... doing wheelies.

There is another set of videos on youtube of some European dude acting a fool on his bike.... type Ghost Rider in the search bar and you will see what I mean.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I had to show my now 16 year old pictures of a kid whose head was crushed by car because he wasn't wearing a helmet while riding his bike... he was 12-13 at the time and thought wearing one made him "Lame"......... never had to tell him to put on his helmet again.
I've seen all the ghost rider vids. That guys ability is that of a professional road racer.

As far as going that fast, I don't ride on one wheel at any speed. You're much faster in two.. Why too it out? Lol I dunno it's like you said can't fix stupid! Thanks to my meds and my daughter I've chilled out a lot!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

My deepest regret is with the Father of Nikky (Porshe girl), cause he has to live the rest of his life (probably blaming himself) for her reckless, stupid actions. Many times accidents happen and they are not always the fault of the person you may think is the cause: 2009 OCT, I was riding "for the last time" my 1100 Ninja, and before you all jump to conclusions, I was not speeding, it was during the day early Evening, returning home from a coworkers house, I woke up in the Hospital (Month later) with wife standing over me, telling me that I had been in a bad accident and I had gotten hurt pretty bad. I kinda new that cause of the fact that I really did not feel my legs and they were both in cass. Some guy in an SUV hit me, knocked me 100 feet into a Coma. I'm walking now, back to work and without using the cane now. Will never ride again (Bike), came too close that time. Be careful out there.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
My deepest regret is with the Father of Nikky (Porshe girl), cause he has to live the rest of his life (probably blaming himself) for her reckless, stupid actions. Many times accidents happen and they are not always the fault of the person you may think is the cause: 2009 OCT, I was riding "for the last time" my 1100 Ninja, and before you all jump to conclusions, I was not speeding, it was during the day early Evening, returning home from a coworkers house, I woke up in the Hospital (Month later) with wife standing over me, telling me that I had been in a bad accident and I had gotten hurt pretty bad. I kinda new that cause of the fact that I really did not feel my legs and they were both in cass. Some guy in an SUV hit me, knocked me 100 feet into a Coma. I'm walking now, back to work and without using the cane now. Will never ride again (Bike), came too close that time. Be careful out there.
So you're secretly dr. house?
Ahaha jk good to hear you're still rockin'
Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
That is crazy and you are fortunate. Did you ever find the guy that hit you??? Was it your fault or his/hers. If it was theirs, did you sue? Glad you still among the living
Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the compliments, The guy that hit me, he ran a light, it was his fault and he stayed, he did not leave, I guess it was too crazy/scary looking for him to just take off. He had no money to sue for. My job took care of my Medical bills and got me one of the top Surgeons in FL. First Operation was 16 hours long. 4 months later went back in for thw second Surgery, where he put my knee back together. It's all me, no Mech. parts, but A ton of metal rods in me.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Sorry to hear that Kato! Very scary! I know cars are at fault a lot. Glad you are getting better and better!
My uncle Harvey died riding his Harley.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Layayla, thats part of the life of riding. Riders hear many, many stories of people laying their bikes down, but we do not always hear stories of the many that did not get back up.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Sadly he was probably drunk but still love and miss Uncle Harv... My mom never told me all of the details because I'd rather not know, ya know? Just remember how he was. Him and dad are probably up celebrating somewhere.

And whoever tortured the family with photos of Nikki should be found and punished. That is just the cruelest thing ever. I hope whoever it was doesn't have or never will have children.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion