Throttle body and short throw shifter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Throttle body and short throw shifter

I'm looking into getting a hurst short throw shifter and bbk throttle body...interested in knowing if anyone on here has either of these products and what their take on them is?

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Welp no one replied with any suggestions on the shifter or throttle body but I went ahead and got the shifter anyway! Shows how much I care what you guys think! Haha just kidding but in all seriousness, the shifter is great and I just wanted to show it off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-786672581.png
Views:	187
Size:	682.8 KB
ID:	37162  

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm new here. But I got the shifter bracket for under the car. And it helped out shifting way more even with the stock shifter. Barton is a good brand. Might help out ur hurst shifter.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Throttle body and short throw shifter

i have a Hurst shifter , wow , its the first thing everyone notices
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I am having trouble learning this new stock Getrag from my 03 GT t-45! I'm constantly missing 3rd! Did the Hurst help you?
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

hey there-
i'm planning to do both on my 04gt too.... was looking at hurst, or a steeda tri-ax, pro 5.0, or maybe an mgw. glad u like yours!

how u makin' out with the TB? plenum too, or something like the bbk complete 1 piece unit? i'm thinking about a 70 mm(i heard anything larger no benefit unless switching over to forced air?) for my 04

joe
imhooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

does the throttle body require a retune? if it doesnt is it really doing anything?

as far as the shifter I would research the different ones out so you dont get one wishing you had gotten another down the road.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
I am having trouble learning this new stock Getrag from my 03 GT t-45! I'm constantly missing 3rd! Did the Hurst help you?
I never really had a problem with 3rd gear but all I can say is the hurst is a very smooth and firm shift it's short and just a pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked
hey there-
i'm planning to do both on my 04gt too.... was looking at hurst, or a steeda tri-ax, pro 5.0, or maybe an mgw. glad u like yours!

how u makin' out with the TB? plenum too, or something like the bbk complete 1 piece unit? i'm thinking about a 70 mm(i heard anything larger no benefit unless switching over to forced air?) for my 04

joe
I've stepped away from getting the throttle body for now although it's a nice add I'm skeptical as to whether it'll give the boost it claims. The only one I've really looked at is the bbk and I've heard people say it won't give the 10-15 rwhp boost that bbk claims. And I don't believe the throttle body requires a tune but I'm sure it would certainly benefit from a tune

Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

hey hey I have the hurst shifter and it is amazing! the TB im kicking around. but the shifter is kick ***!!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #10

Region: Connecticut
I really wanted to get the Hurst shifter just 'cuz I'm old school but I read a few mixed reviews with some guys saying that Reverse and 1st were so close you could accidentally hit reverse unless you hooked up the red light that comes with the Hurst. I am leaning towards Barton or possibly MGW for this reason. For those of you who chose Hurst, did you hookup the red reverse light and do you need it to avoid this problem?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I kinda like the stock shifter but I have the Barton bracket that made a world of difference, I never miss any gears with the new bracket and no more lock outs!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Only thing I do not like about the Hurst shifter is the messy way the boot looks at the base of the stick. Not a selling point for me.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Guys a buddy of mine has the hurst in his gt 2013 I have the Barton in my 2012 v6 I let him jump in my car and feel how short and crisp the shifter is. Needles to say he ended up loosing the hurst and getting a Barton.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have the Barton shifter and bracket in my newly converted MT I have not driven it yet waiting to pick it up =)
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Cyclone View Post
I have the Barton shifter and bracket in my newly converted MT I have not driven it yet waiting to pick it up =)

You are going to love it!
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion