Interior lighting SWAP (01 GT) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #1

Exclamation Interior lighting SWAP (01 GT)

Hey guys, I searched the forums, but could not find any posts or threads directly related to my question. I don't know which field this topic would fall under, so I posted it in the general forums.

I have an 01 GT. The interior lights are green. I want to swap all of them out for red ones... This is going to be my first step, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or insight to fill me in on about this mod. I have made the decision to put this style bullitt gauge face/gauge cluster in my GT.

1. Will this fit?
2. Will the redline/odometer be messed up?
3. Is this a gauge face, or the whole cluster?
4. If it is a gauge face, will the lights still light up green, or will they light up red because of the tint on the gauge?

I am also currently installing a kenwood dvd receiver that will have a red theme as well. The only thing left would be the air conditioning controls, the fog light button, the traction control off button, and the rear defrost button.

4. Will these remaining buttons be difficult to convert?

Thanks

These are the first mods on my mustang! I got her on Tuesday and I'm too excited!
Attached Images

ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Hey dude, just saw this, I actually have a thread about this. Look at threads started by me. I did this already it might help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1360735045.png
Views:	84
Size:	471.4 KB
ID:	35511  
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Very time consuming but easy. I switched out my window control switches and door lock switches, cluster gauge you'll need to replace the bulbs the tint won't do it. First step is finding out wether you will need PLCC-2 bulbs or PLCC-4..(gauges will more than likely be PLCC-4 all others will be PLCC-2. Reason for this is the gauge has settings where you can dim and so they need the four prong bulbs.
You will need a soldering kit with
Solder (any will work) a soldering gun (low wattage so you don't damage the circuit at a high high heat maybe 5-10 bucks) FLUX and copper wire (to desolder the existing bulbs [easier than it sounds you dip the copper wire in the flux and the flux attracts the solder, then you put the copper wire on the solder holding the bulb in place and it sucks all the solder into the wire]) tweezers you don't mind ruining and a little tiny paint brush (to paint the flux on the circuit board before you solder the new bulbs.) any questions or help you can message me or even call me for more intricate questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2187700527.png
Views:	92
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	35512   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1689351106.png
Views:	83
Size:	587.5 KB
ID:	35513  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11
Hey dude, just saw this, I actually have a thread about this. Look at threads started by me. I did this already it might help
Thanks man, this helps a lot. Sorry, I couldn't find your threads.. Maybe I didn't search the right keywords. But I may contact you if I have questions. Your lights are exactly how I pictured and want mine to look like.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom

Thanks man, this helps a lot. Sorry, I couldn't find your threads.. Maybe I didn't search the right keywords. But I may contact you if I have questions. Your lights are exactly how I pictured and want mine to look like.
Yeah dude anytime you got questions just let me know the electronics are my thing
Old 12-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
How much were the Mach 1 gauges and where did you get them? For the 01 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT
How much were the Mach 1 gauges and where did you get them? For the 01 GT
I have not purchased them yet. I am not sure where to find them either
Old 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom

I have not purchased them yet. I am not sure where to find them either
Check eBay or American muscle. I bet both places has some

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion