Security camera - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Security camera

Anyone got a security camera in your car to protect yourself from damages caused by vandalism or hit and runs? If hoes how's it work?
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Security camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11 View Post
Anyone got a security camera in your car to protect yourself from damages caused by vandalism or hit and runs? If hoes how's it work?
I didn't know they made those, I'm intrigued now.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Haha if hoes how's it work.. Typo.. I'm not all that positive they make them.. I'm sure they do..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Unless you had a fish eye lens you would only get one narrow point of view from your car. I cant see any other way it would work.

I know there are a ton of different home security options... I've got a motion detector light with a camera built into it. Copies frames right to a SD card. Plenty of options out there but I don't think we are going to find a winner on this one.
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks so bad! My car costed me 1400 dollars for no reason on my part parked outside and got hit and no note or anything
Old 12-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My car was vandalized last summer... I caught him in the act. I tried to catch him but he was faster than me and twice my size (I'm a girl). Anyway, $700 worth of damage and they never caught the little sh*t...
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAStang05
My car was vandalized last summer... I caught him in the act. I tried to catch him but he was faster than me and twice my size (I'm a girl). Anyway, $700 worth of damage and they never caught the little sh*t...
Just because your a girl don't mean nothing!.. I'm in the Army and I've seen some females that are pretty fast!.. A couple of them are faster than me!... Hahahaha.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

And if nothing else you could have just ran him down with the car!!... Hahahahahahaha. Jk
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Lets see... idk what is in each of your vehicles, but there is a reason why I steer clear of audio stuff now. All it takes is for you to have a system, and someone to hear it, want it, follow you home, see if you park in a garage or driveway, then come back at the wee hours of the morning, and do their thing.

My thing was I actually got in trouble because instead of a camera lol I took a more.. how can I put this bluntly, GTFO my SH IT haha. So I bought the cheapest box and speakers I could, bumped them as loud as they would go, then made sure that someone wanted them you know...

this is how I am sure it played out in his mind. Opens my trunk, sees a box, not bolted down or anything, just kinda thrown in there, OH SWEET it even has built in recessed handles, I can just lift this thing outta here and be gone. Ok, this is a pretty big box, let me get my feet situated here, aaaaand liiift! OMG WTF!!!! (this is when I hear something ) I hear him screaming as loud as his lungs will let him. Little did he realize that I am an Avid fisherman and I attached Fishing hooks that I used for Shark Fishing in the handles Safe to say he was kinda, hooked on haha. Well the cops got a phone call from me, they showed up, got a huge kick out of this, but the one officer pulled me aside and let me know, "I am positive he wont, but know that if he wanted to press charges he could." I said "I know, and to be honest IDC, because I think we both will assume at least he's not coming back here again" lol

I love being an ******* to those who deserve it. Now tho, This is the route that a buddy of mine has on his house that I will be doing here at my next place when I move to FL in a couple months. love this setup and it is worth every penny.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Awesome! Set that hook lil
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I do security at Target, yea awesome job lol, but I always point a camera at my car in the parking lot. I don't work in the best neighborhood, so I'm always worried about vandalism
tdurham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
Lets see... idk what is in each of your vehicles, but there is a reason why I steer clear of audio stuff now. All it takes is for you to have a system, and someone to hear it, want it, follow you home, see if you park in a garage or driveway, then come back at the wee hours of the morning, and do their thing.

My thing was I actually got in trouble because instead of a camera lol I took a more.. how can I put this bluntly, GTFO my SH IT haha. So I bought the cheapest box and speakers I could, bumped them as loud as they would go, then made sure that someone wanted them you know...

this is how I am sure it played out in his mind. Opens my trunk, sees a box, not bolted down or anything, just kinda thrown in there, OH SWEET it even has built in recessed handles, I can just lift this thing outta here and be gone. Ok, this is a pretty big box, let me get my feet situated here, aaaaand liiift! OMG WTF!!!! (this is when I hear something ) I hear him screaming as loud as his lungs will let him. Little did he realize that I am an Avid fisherman and I attached Fishing hooks that I used for Shark Fishing in the handles Safe to say he was kinda, hooked on haha. Well the cops got a phone call from me, they showed up, got a huge kick out of this, but the one officer pulled me aside and let me know, "I am positive he wont, but know that if he wanted to press charges he could." I said "I know, and to be honest IDC, because I think we both will assume at least he's not coming back here again" lol

I love being an ******* to those who deserve it. Now tho, This is the route that a buddy of mine has on his house that I will be doing here at my next place when I move to FL in a couple months. love this setup and it is worth every penny.
Ahahahahahahaha
Great idea!
Only you babe
Old 12-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT

Kudos! Wow that must have been awesome!

What happens a lot in my neighborhood is the ****rats will walk the streets at night pulling door handles as they walk by. If the victim forgets to lock up for the night their car gets ransacked. That's how mine got stolen once. Forgot my spare set in the console after service at the dealership
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBillone

Kudos! Wow that must have been awesome!

What happens a lot in my neighborhood is the ****rats will walk the streets at night pulling door handles as they walk by. If the victim forgets to lock up for the night their car gets ransacked. That's how mine got stolen once. Forgot my spare set in the console after service at the dealership
Teenagers in our neighborhood do that to our houses its really scary when I'm home alone then I hear this slight tug on my door :/
Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Just because your a girl don't mean nothing!.. I'm in the Army and I've seen some females that are pretty fast!.. A couple of them are faster than me!... Hahahaha.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

And if nothing else you could have just ran him down with the car!!... Hahahahahahaha. Jk
I wouldn't joke... if I caught some prick doing that id pin him under the front wheel while we wait for the cops.... id have him liable for the damage he caused when run over too.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Teenagers in our neighborhood do that to our houses its really scary when I'm home alone then I hear this slight tug on my door :/
This must be in the US somewhere. I've never heard or seen it in Canada... If I knew they were coming i would get a loud cap gun and when you hear the door scream "mother ****ers"! And start shooting the cap gun off... get that on camera and youtube it...
Old 12-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

This must be in the US somewhere. I've never heard or seen it in Canada... If I knew they were coming i would get a loud cap gun and when you hear the door scream "mother ****ers"! And start shooting the cap gun off... get that on camera and youtube it...
Yeah Arizona. Specifically Mesa, AZ its scary :/ Omfg that would be PRICELESS! lol
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

I wouldn't joke... if I caught some prick doing that id pin him under the front wheel while we wait for the cops.... id have him liable for the damage he caused when run over too.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

I'm in Virginia, and yeah, I wish- believe me if I *had* caught that dude he wouldve been sorry he ever touched my car.He actually attempted to break in at around 9pm... I would not have known what was going on if the dog hadn't come to get me.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Why don't they make a front and read wide angle security cameras that store up to like 48 hours of footage (ability to apply external hard drives for extended time) that rewrites as it goes so you always have the previous 47 hours of footage so say you wake up and your cars been vandalized or hit you just have to look back and and save the footage and take it into the police station.. I mean.. That's an idea that could bring in some cash..

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Rear*
Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

About the only thing you can do if you don't have a private garage to park in!.. Is film the spot you park your car in!.. But you can only do that if you own the property!..
Old 12-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
About the only thing you can do if you don't have a private garage to park in!.. Is film the spot you park your car in!.. But you can only do that if you own the property!..
Really?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly guys ... lo jack and a good set of deterrent stickers will be cheaper...
Old 12-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

Really?
Unless you really want a whole camera system in your car!.. Get some thing like what police have in their car!.. But do you really want that?..

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Honestly guys ... lo jack and a good set of deterrent stickers will be cheaper...
Lo jack will only do you any good if some one is trying to steal your car!.. And I've never meat a criminal that was deterred by a few stickers!!... Lol
Old 12-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My friend has a 97 v6 but has put a bunch of money in it and finally had it looking and driving really good (it was automatic but could take my 96 gt on a short run) and he moved to Sacramento ca because hes going to uti and within the first week of living in his new apartments his top got sliced and his door locks got all screwed up because he had like a 4k dollar stereo lol they took his deck subs amp everything
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt
My friend has a 97 v6 but has put a bunch of money in it and finally had it looking and driving really good (it was automatic but could take my 96 gt on a short run) and he moved to Sacramento ca because hes going to uti and within the first week of living in his new apartments his top got sliced and his door locks got all screwed up because he had like a 4k dollar stereo lol they took his deck subs amp everything
Yeah.. Systems need to not be visible that's messed up.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdurham19
I do security at Target, yea awesome job lol, but I always point a camera at my car in the parking lot. I don't work in the best neighborhood, so I'm always worried about vandalism
Oh man wish you worked closer to me, I'd be parking right next to your car. I can see my car mostly at work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion