Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Locked keys

20K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Just_John 
#1 ·
Locked my keys in my car is there any trick ways to get in there?

#5 ·
Sorry to hear that man,

I locked my keys in my car while it was running. I had to get a ride home (an hour away) to get the spare (and another hour back to my car). Now I have a spare key in my locker at work, one inside the house, one out at the farm, and one taped to a credit card in my wallet LOL

Too bad the key fobs don't work when the ignition is on

#6 ·
Babystang said:
If you have triple A or anything of that sort they come to you and get it open.
Use AAA or find someone who has a AAA card and they'll get your door open in less than 5 minutes. They come out usually within 20 min

#17 ·
Burkeys96GT said:
I've done this once and now I have a non chipped key hangin under my back bumper so it will unlock but not start the car best thing I've ever done
That's smart

#25 ·
bradh2414 said:
Why? That's their job. To help the people. Just give proof of ownership and they're good
It is there job to help people,but I guess that why they wont do it unless there's a kid in it or its running?...when I was in high school they used to do it,but now they tell you to call a locksmith..
Im sure if it was another kind of emergency situation they would do it,but for just your everyday whoops nah they're not doing it anymore.and like I said thats just in my area other places may be different!...

#27 ·
Here in South Dakota (at least in Aberdeen and Watertown) they stopped opening car doors several years ago. The reason they gave is because of the anti-theft features build into locks and doors at the auto assembly plants. Seems that it has gotten increasingly more difficult to open a door and increasingly easier to do damage to the lock mechanism. They don't want to be held responsible anymore. They offer to call a locksmith for you now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.