NeedSomeAdvice on Suspension/Alignment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Question NeedSomeAdvice on Suspension/Alignment

So, after the swap (read signature) the front end of my car definitely sits lower.
There is also a very noticeable amount of uneven wear on my front tires..
I think it's safe to say it's out of alignment.
I've decided I'm going to get tires on my wheels, get my suspension fixed and have it aligned perfectly all at the same time.
So here's the question, can it be aligned the way it is or do I need Caster Camber plates?

I don't know exactly how much of a drop it is, I didn't measure it or anything.
I'm still riding on the completely stock v6 suspension; springs, shocks, struts, etc. I'm even using the v6 front sway bar. I have the GT sway bar, and bought new bushings for it. That will be going on at the same time I do whatever else needs to be done. What should/do I need to do in order to get my suspension back in check?
I don't have the money to completely redo my whole suspension. If I did, I'd just get a complete Maximum Motorsports Kit and be done with it :roll eyes:

Will C/C plates improve anything even if they're not needed for the alignment?
I think I can find a good used set if so..
Also, would a strut tower brace be a good investment? My car doesn't have one.

I'm not exactly a suspension expert but I know the basics so any input would be great. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSomeMods
So, after the swap (read signature) the front end of my car definitely sits lower.
There is also a very noticeable amount of uneven wear on my front tires..
I think it's safe to say it's out of alignment.
I've decided I'm going to get tires on my wheels, get my suspension fixed and have it aligned perfectly all at the same time.
So here's the question, can it be aligned the way it is or do I need Caster Camber plates?

I don't know exactly how much of a drop it is, I didn't measure it or anything.
I'm still riding on the completely stock v6 suspension; springs, shocks, struts, etc. I'm even using the v6 front sway bar. I have the GT sway bar, and bought new bushings for it. That will be going on at the same time I do whatever else needs to be done. What should/do I need to do in order to get my suspension back in check?
I don't have the money to completely redo my whole suspension. If I did, I'd just get a complete Maximum Motorsports Kit and be done with it :roll eyes:

Will C/C plates improve anything even if they're not needed for the alignment?
I think I can find a good used set if so..
Also, would a strut tower brace be a good investment? My car doesn't have one.

I'm not exactly a suspension expert but I know the basics so any input would be great. Thanks in advance
What type of wear? If its just the inside edge then yes you will new to get cc plates. Your camber will be way off. CC plates just let you set the caster/camber of your suspension so it that regard, yes they help. Otherwise try dot do anything. Preferably you should find a set of GT springs, they have a stiffer rate to support the heavier engine.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion