Thoughts on the 2008 Bullitt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2008 Bullitt
I love it! 17 42.50%
It's ok, I'd buy another currently offered Mustang over it 15 37.50%
It's horrible. 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Thoughts on the 2008 Bullitt

Now that the 2008 Bullitt has been revealed what do you think about it?

I think the gray wheels kill the look. It looks too dull with the dark green. Not my favorite Mustang by far.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Thoughts on the 2008 Bullitt

Horrible. It looks like a V6 in every way. For what it is being listed at price wise...plus the markups the dealers are sure to put on it...it should at least have some good styling. It is very plain jane and a lot of the current bullit owners I have talked to and read posts from think this car is a turd.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

I like it
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

I can see the shifter and the surrounding bezel being big aftermarket items, but otherwise.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I know they were trying to stay true to the classic Bullitt styling, but god damn!

Pros:
  • I'm glad to see that Ford actually put a set of 3.73s in a production Mustang.
  • Removed the box around the air filter finally.
  • Increased RPM range.
  • Just like the New Edge Bullitts and Mach1s, I love the gauges
  • Shifter & bezel, along with strut brace could be big aftermarket items for Ford

Cons:
  • This does not stand out in any way, shape or form. If I saw it on the street I'd swear it was just a V6 with dual exhaust and a rear bumper swap.
  • Ford made sure to go out of their way to lower the car a whopping 6mm! (that's not even a 1/4" for those of you south of the 49th) LMFAO! Why bother?
  • The grill.... OMG, don't even get me started on Ford's continuous use of that ****in honeycomb design. I was really hoping for a cool black billet grill for this car. That would've become as popular as the Mach1 grill delete on the 99-04s.
  • It still really annoys me that they offer the car in black (but at least they tossed the blue option this time). THE BULLITT CAR WAS HIGHLAND GREEN! Don't like it? Tough.
  • The dash looks retarded and busy with all of the spiral brushing effects - I'm sure the flash from the camera makes it look worse than it would in person, but if I owned this car, I'd paint it to match the rest of the dash.
  • What... no red callipers?

In the end, just like the 2001 Bullitts, this is a regular old GT with a limited production run, slightly different tune, and a few minor changes (most of which are cosmetic)........ and just like the 2001 Bullitts, the people who buy these cars will think they're made of gold and ask for inflated prices when they turn around to sell them in a few years.

If I were in the market for a brand new Mustang, I wouldn't waste my time even considering an 08 Bullitt..... never mind my money to buy one.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Ford blew this one !!! It's ugly and under powered

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Its boring and .... blah all over... they dropped the ball on this one. They probably couldnt lower it any more as it wouldnt fit on the trailers delivering the vehicles.... but I would have assumed they had more wiggle room than that due to how freaking high these cars are stock.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Aside from the color... the new edge bullitts didn't stand out at all, no fog lights, no spoiler.. And they were still received well (I liked them too)

Same goes for me and this one.. I almost think there's more performance enhancement to this one than the last version had...
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

2008 Mustang Bullitt made #3 on Yahoo's top ten searches Today

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Link to the pictures?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-pictures/cat53/

It would look better with machined aluminum wheels, rather than those dark grey powdercoated ones.

I like turtles.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-pictures/cat53/

It would look better with machined aluminum wheels, rather than those dark grey powdercoated ones.
I think it looks good, as its on a dark car and still has a polished lip... To each his own though
Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

they are trying to make it look as close as they can to the one in the movie... which was basically a blah car to begin with... I guess the whole retro thing made them want to try their best to match it up~
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
they are trying to make it look as close as they can to the one in the movie... which was basically a blah car to begin with... I guess the whole retro thing made them want to try their best to match it up~
At least give it enough power difference to make the additional cost worth it. 315 hp for $31k? Um, no...specially not in a 3800ish pound car.

So it is a stripped down GT made to look like a V6 with what, 15 more HP, and a 6 mm lower stance...for $31k? Might as well get a GT vert for that price.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

:shake::no:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
At least give it enough power difference to make the additional cost worth it. 315 hp for $31k? Um, no...specially not in a 3800ish pound car.

So it is a stripped down GT made to look like a V6 with what, 15 more HP, and a 6 mm lower stance...for $31k? Might as well get a GT vert for that price.
You really have absolutely no clue what a 2008 Bullitt weighs, do you? Here's a hint, it's a lot less than a 2003 Cobra (and a hell of a lot less than your convertible).

Here's another hint (from here):

Manufacturer Curb Weight (lb): 3,356

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #16
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
:shake::no:
No surprise there, it isn't a Terminator.

I like it. I think it is pretty cool
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

I really like the color of the car in combo with the dark grey wheels...Otherwise, it's just alright...could use a little more under the hood and some more exterior upgrades (such as alumnum rear window louvers, red calipers, more attractive front bumpber/grill, etc...), especially if they want to make the increase in sticker price over the GT worth it...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

3665 03/04 cobra coupe
3780 03/04 cobra vert

so its 3665 - 3531 = 134 lbs lighter so 134lbs = on HELL of a weight difference lol.

on a side note you can get an 03 coupe down to 3000lbs pretty easy~ just need a couple grand in parts.

dont get me wrong the 03/04 cobra is WAY WAY WAY WAY overweight... just a comparison.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

why is everyone complaining how ugly or plain it looks? thats ford for you......they **** up, its nothing new. but you know what? none of that matters b/c ford knows people will buy it no matter what. b/c sales people will hype it up "oh yeah, that bullitt is a special edition" blah blah blah "its so fast, much faster than a gt"......the main point is the mustang basically sells itself. between that and it being hyped up, ford can cut corners and **** this and that up. and it doesnt matter b/c people have 60 grand to blow on a mustang.........a friggin mustang whose interior rattles when you hit a hard bump, no matter what trim it is or how much it costs.

i'll bet ford could make a "limited edition" mustang that had a 4cyl, 3-speed column shift, painted pink, with a dildo antenna and the phrase "hooray for cock, i love it up the ***" painted on the hood, and people would still buy it
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

The hype of the mustang can only carry it so far... look what took place with the camaro. They had best make a car that talks the talk and walks the walk if they wish to stay in the game with all the offerings that are comming... they have been behind the leaders in performance in all category's for a long long time with the the base v8 or any mustang in recent years minus the 03/04 and mach1's
Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

high insurance is one of the reasons that killed the camaro.........and the mustang looks better.......the ws6 t/a gives it a good run in the ext styling department, but the mustang is/was built better (believe it or not) and had cheaper insurance rates.

i checked a while back (1-2 yrs ago) for insurance rates on a '00 ws6 trans am 6-speed, cheapest coverage per month was 300
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

I was paying less than $400 every six months on my WS6. :dunno:

I think it was the sticker price. F-Bodies (and Mustangs) are supposed to be economical performance vehicles. Pricing a car over $30k, sticker, isn't economical at all. Hell, why not drop another $10k and get a base 'vette (if you're a GM guy). If you're not a GM guy, drop $10k less and get a 'stang. Mismanagement at GM is what killed the F-Body. The Camaro's styling probably didn't help any, though .

I like turtles.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i'm really disappointed, i wanted to see something more aggressive but it is still lacking something---its like ford gets half way through completing something then just gives up---looks like a basic gt to me

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
You really have absolutely no clue what a 2008 Bullitt weighs, do you? Here's a hint, it's a lot less than a 2003 Cobra (and a hell of a lot less than your convertible).

Here's another hint (from here):

Manufacturer Curb Weight (lb): 3,356
Damn...when did they get this mack truck looking piece of **** down to 3400 pounds? I guess that 5.4L adds a ton of weight since I assumed the weight off the lame *** GT500 piece of garbage that is on the market....since I don't give two ****s about any mustang offering on the market right now.

Oh well, it still looks like someone pulled the ******* out of a ****ing camel and stuck a mustang badge on it so suck my ***.

It may weigh less than my vert...however, I paid just slightly more for my vert and in stock form it would stomp a mudhole to this piece of donkey **** ford is trying to sell.

Not to mention, once the dealerships hear limited production, they will think it should immediately = 10k markup...so that puts it under my heavy *** vert and still a **** ton slower.

Oh well...I personally think ford should take this retro bull**** and shove it as far up bill fords *** as they can and build something people want and not this lame *** POS they think is cool.

Either way, if the challenger and cuda come out in their current planned forms....the mustang will die just like the craparo did. Ford = clueless since there is no competition. Once the competition comes back, Ford will again be in in catchup mod and will continue to be slower and our only hope will be the V6's can carry us through again...otherwise....the mustang days are limited.

/rant.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I was paying less than $400 every six months on my WS6. :dunno:

I think it was the sticker price. F-Bodies (and Mustangs) are supposed to be economical performance vehicles. Pricing a car over $30k, sticker, isn't economical at all. Hell, why not drop another $10k and get a base 'vette (if you're a GM guy). If you're not a GM guy, drop $10k less and get a 'stang. Mismanagement at GM is what killed the F-Body. The Camaro's styling probably didn't help any, though .
The mustang is next...price has climbed...weight has gone up...performance has just reached the level of old competitors from 5 years ago...mismanagement and the flooding of the market with lame *** offerings like this are going to send the mustang into the history books as well.

The craparo that is comming out will die quickly....however the challenger and cuda will survive...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
The mustang is next...price has climbed...weight has gone up...performance has just reached the level of old competitors from 5 years ago...mismanagement and the flooding of the market with lame *** offerings like this are going to send the mustang into the history books as well.

The craparo that is comming out will die quickly....however the challenger and cuda will survive...
however, its still ford's best selling car, and as long as the V6 trim still caters to most of the people, the Mustang will stay. Not everyone needs or wants a GT/Bullitt/Mach1/Cobra in terms of performance, they just want the look of a mustang. this is what killed the Camaro, their V6 offering was crap and overpriced.

i do agree though, they need to not flood the market, there is too many offerings right now. however if they sell, they sell.

i think this rendition of the bullitt is just blah. its a blah scheme to begin with, made popular by a extremely blah movie with a "just-eh" chase scene. ford took a blah idea and added extra blah.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 AM   #27
Regular

Quote:
however if they sell, they sell.
Right and so far they haven't had a problem selling them and they won't have a problem selling this Bullitt.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
No surprise there, it isn't a Terminator.

I like it. I think it is pretty cool
You got me all wrong Nate, I like plenty of Mustangs. Why I don't like this Mustang is because its the same old, same old with the other speciality S197 Mustangs sold by Ford.(besides the GT500) Its a Mustang GT with a 17 hp increase, painted rinky dink wheels that you can get on a GT in chrome, and a few cometic changes. Just like a Shelby GT and the Ford Racing GT's that Ford Racing builds to promote their products. I know Ford isn't in the best financial situation but still.

Say if the car had a high revving, N/A 4valve 5.4, a suspension that makes it handle like a Cobra R,(which I don't think would be to hard with the new chassis and it would probably ride better) GT500 brakes, some badass wheels with good rubber, or something along those lines then I would thing it would be a great car. But pushing it to be somekind of better car thats worth more than a GT is just something I don't like.

I'm hoping that the new Maro and Challenger will make Ford shift more toward performance and get away from this retro styling and classic name thing that they've picked up.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:38 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Damn...when did they get this mack truck looking piece of **** down to 3400 pounds? I guess that 5.4L adds a ton of weight since I assumed the weight off the lame *** GT500 piece of garbage that is on the market....since I don't give two ****s about any mustang offering on the market right now.

Oh well, it still looks like someone pulled the ******* out of a ****ing camel and stuck a mustang badge on it so suck my ***.

It may weigh less than my vert...however, I paid just slightly more for my vert and in stock form it would stomp a mudhole to this piece of donkey **** ford is trying to sell.

Not to mention, once the dealerships hear limited production, they will think it should immediately = 10k markup...so that puts it under my heavy *** vert and still a **** ton slower.

Oh well...I personally think ford should take this retro bull**** and shove it as far up bill fords *** as they can and build something people want and not this lame *** POS they think is cool.

Either way, if the challenger and cuda come out in their current planned forms....the mustang will die just like the craparo did. Ford = clueless since there is no competition. Once the competition comes back, Ford will again be in in catchup mod and will continue to be slower and our only hope will be the V6's can carry us through again...otherwise....the mustang days are limited.

/rant.
I'm just saying... Next time you click Reply, you may want to know what you are talking about instead of just spewing BS.

As far as "building something people want", they are. They are just not building what YOU want. They are selling plenty of these cars. They can get away with $10k+ dealer markups because people are willing to pay it.

As far as "the mustang days are limited", that's just childish. Mustang sales are one of the few positive things for Ford these days. The only way Mustangs will stop being made is if Ford stops making cars all together.

So basically, get over yourself. Just because you don't like the new Mustang doesn't mean that no one else does.

Proof.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I am not sure that ford can do much about the weight of the car without raising the price on it so much that it would push it out of its target market. They have to meet all these damn regulations and crap blah blah blah. It is not like back in the fox body days when they didnt have to do nearly as much and just made a little car with a v8~

Its also not good price wise for ford to add another engine into the mix~ as you read that book on the 03/04 cobra you will see how little changes in a vehicle make BIG issues to deal with when assembling them~

My only concern with the new stang is the weight and lack of perfrmance~ but most people dont give a crap and dont mod their car so its not a big deal overall. I just hope ford keeps up with the competition as they have been unable to in the past when it comes to performance (but... their target market is those that want a not super expensive car...) the ones that perform generally cost more.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

I like the way the car looks, cause thats close to what the original did... I can understand them having to use that "nasty black" grill cause the original was open, and I can't see them leaving an opening like that that far open..... However, I won't agree with the price nor power....

Like I said before, I want one, but i'll get it when everyone buys theirs, tries to sell it for some outlandish price, then they end up having to sell it for way less than what they originally planned on cause no one wants them...... I like plain.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

Ok, I have to say I'm disappointed. It's not my fave mustang BY FAR. I think it's very plain, boring and I'm not a fan of those wheels at all. I think they could have done a lot better with this one.
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Like I said before, I want one, but i'll get it when everyone buys theirs, tries to sell it for some outlandish price, then they end up having to sell it for way less than what they originally planned on cause no one wants them...... I like plain.
werd. let some other poor sap take the initial depreciation hit.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Here a video.
Ford Mustang Bullitt Test Drive (with Smoky Burnouts!)

I think what Ford did with the fuel system on this car is pretty cool.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:03 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyStang02 View Post
Ok, I have to say I'm disappointed. It's not my fave mustang BY FAR. I think it's very plain, boring and I'm not a fan of those wheels at all. I think they could have done a lot better with this one.
I think they are the same ones they use on the Shelby GT. It's the stupid lip that throws them off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2008 bullitt