Need sone advice... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Need sone advice...

Love my car, like the mix of my mustang love I Had since I discovered what a mustang was in 2005 and the first car love everyone has at one time. Ever since the day I saw it on the guys lawn I bought it from. Got the cool wheels, new paint, new headlights. heck even my dog loves it, the back half of the interior is her favorite nap spot when I'm messing around outside. But the manual trans is killing me. I almost have it. I can get it going up and down the road but when I stop to turn around( I go down a hill, up and turn around in the opening of a subdivision) I stall out and it scares me. I stalled out in the middle of the road with my front end in one lane and the back end in the other, thank god the road was empty. But I just keep wondering, talked about it with my parents to, should I take a loss and sell it and look for a newer stang in an automatic? Probably wouldn't be anything newer then a 00. But I love my fox, might sound a little wimpy but I got teary eyed at the thought of getting rid of it. I just don't know what to do. Any advice or help would be amazing, seriously
78survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Stick with it man.you'll get it!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would look for a good price on another mustang and then ask the dude if he wants to take a trade in or something. But if he says no then try to sell the car for the price if the car your looking in to buy. That's who I'd do
Roush7492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Man you'll be able to learn it just don't give up I've stalled it in traffic before it aint too bad... And now I'm driving a 400hp fox body it's soo much more fun driving a stick
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770
Man you'll be able to learn it just don't give up I've stalled it in traffic before it aint too bad... And now I'm driving a 400hp fox body it's soo much more fun driving a stick
+1 you got anyone that can give u pointers?try finding a small incline like maybe someone's driveway and practice rolling down a little then leaving in first gear.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Agree because my 06 is stick shift and it's the funnest thing ever. And plus it stops me from texting and driving so
Roush7492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: Need sone advice...

gotta learn somehow man, just keep going with it.
Cobrarunnin9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
+1 you got anyone that can give u pointers?try finding a small incline like maybe someone's driveway and practice rolling down a little then leaving in first gear.
+ I agree with "dreamstang", find a small incline and practice, practice, practice. You'll get it good eventually.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. And the problem I'm having right now with it is going up on an incline, while on the incline. It's a pain when all I have is a gravel driveway. Haha
Old 01-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Stick with it. (Pun intended lol)
Trust me, learn to drive it now or you'll regret it. I hadn't learned (and still haven't) when I got my first car and missed out on a supercharged Saleen because of it... I cry a little inside everyday when I think back and realize that had I learned how to drive a stick a few years ago I could be in that Saleen today...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Wow a saleen.. Would have been a heck of allot of fun, I think what's going to happen is I'm taking my test in my grandmas 06 pt cruiser, and either driving my dads 02 explorer or my moms 08 charger. Until im 100 on the stang. I'm not gonna lie. I love driving the little pt. something about it feels wierd..in a cool way.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78survivor View Post
Wow a saleen.. Would have been a heck of allot of fun, I think what's going to happen is I'm taking my test in my grandmas 06 pt cruiser, and either driving my dads 02 explorer or my moms 08 charger. Until im 100 on the stang. I'm not gonna lie. I love driving the little pt. something about it feels wierd..in a cool way.
You have to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRATICE it. There is no way around that. It's not something thats imposible, it just takes time, and you have to practice on the Hard difficult chores to get it good. What I mean is, things that are hard like Hills, Inclines. No you Don't go park on a Hill and try to practice that, you find a small, safe slightly Inclined area to slowly practice the task with, If you don't, then one day you may find yourself stuck in that situation or on that situation. Believe me, you don't want to find yourself in Traffic or with friends and then get stuck on a Hill/incline and can't get off or keep rolling backwards. Imbarrassing.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
You have to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRATICE it. There is no way around that. It's not something thats imposible, it just takes time, and you have to practice on the Hard difficult chores to get it good. What I mean is, things that are hard like Hills, Inclines. No you Don't go park on a Hill and try to practice that, you find a small, safe slightly Inclined area to slowly practice the task with, If you don't, then one day you may find yourself stuck in that situation or on that situation. Believe me, you don't want to find yourself in Traffic or with friends and then get stuck on a Hill/incline and can't get off or keep rolling backwards. Imbarrassing.
Yea dude listen to them... I never knew how to drive stick when I bought mines back in October... And yea I was terrified while in my little learning course and began doubting the decision, but I stuck with and just decided to go out and just drive..stalling out is NORMAL man... That's one thing every manual owner has done, it's embarrassing but once you pull off and they see and hear your car, they're still gonna think its Cool!! You may spin the shells a bit but it'll be fine! GoodLuck
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion