Tint foglight,headlights,and tailights. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
Tint foglight,headlights,and tailights.

I have recently bought tint for my foglights,tailights,and headlights. Has anyone else used this and if what do u think???
jbe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Tint foglight,headlights,and tailights.

like vth nightshade? or the tint stuff from american muscle that is like a sticker? I used the vth nightshade on my f150 on my brake lights and 3rd brake light and got pulled over for it and it was not even that dark but his reason was it does not let the full light shine threw.
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
^ same $116 each time. I put stocks in for awhile and put my tinted lights back in again. I used Niteshade spray on my lights and turned out nice. Just the FL cops aren't always fans of them.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
^ same $116 each time. I put stocks in for awhile and put my tinted lights back in again. I used Niteshade spray on my lights and turned out nice. Just the FL cops aren't always fans of them.
Damn, how many coats did you guys use? I did 3 and its dark but with running lights and brake lights they shine through bright as hell...
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

not many i think just 2 but va state police dont play when it come to car stuff....i think its what they get off on....
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo
not many i think just 2 but va state police dont play when it come to car stuff....i think its what they get off on....
What's up with VA cops? No radar detectors, they're freaks about those too.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

all bc va is a commonwealth its like that......I live right on the nc/va line and there are so many nice cars from nc always up here and if I did that to mine i would surly have plenty of tickets....va sucks the fun out of everything
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01
Damn, how many coats did you guys use? I did 3 and its dark but with running lights and brake lights they shine through bright as hell...
I have three coats on my tails, and I got pulled over. The cop said that the tint blocked the reflectors in my housing. I was a little confused because during the night time my tail lights have a light on always so I am visible, and during the day you can see my car, so why do I need a reflector... The cop was actually really nice and understanding and let me off with a verbal warning.
tdurham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo
all bc va is a commonwealth its like that......I live right on the nc/va line and there are so many nice cars from nc always up here and if I did that to mine i would surly have plenty of tickets....va sucks the fun out of everything
Ain't that the damn truth !!! Va rule of thumb is ..... If it didn't from the factory then it's illegal and if it looks good on the car then it's also illegal !!! I hate VA laws so much .....
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
Ain't that the damn truth !!! Va rule of thumb is ..... If it didn't from the factory then it's illegal and if it looks good on the car then it's also illegal !!! I hate VA laws so much .....
that it is.....I used to get stopped all the time in my f150 for everything so i sold it and am picking my 12 gt up on tues
Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #11

Region: Kentucky
It is like the pre cut stuff from American muscle and how hard is it to put on and does work well.
jbe82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion