i'm very confused!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
91BlueMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 68
i'm very confused!!!!!

How can Motortrend say that testin a 2012 boss 302 laguna seca vs a 2012 camaro zl1 a fair test? U have a supercharged 6.2 vs a n/a 5.0! Come on motortrend that's like taking a v6 camaro and drag racing a gt500! The only good thing I can say about the test is that the boss didn't lose by much! 3 seconds on the road course and 3 tenths in the 1/4 mile!
91BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Mototrend sucks. They always hate ford and dodge. Bowie butt threads. They're just pissed off that ford trumped up the new GT500 past the camaro.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
91BlueMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 68
My thing is the boss is a 5.0 vs a 6.2 with a supercharger! That's a whole 1.2 liters bigger plus the blower! if they are gonna compare somethin make about equal!
91BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
I totally agree. No comparison. They just want go promote piece of Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule
My thing is the boss is a 5.0 vs a 6.2 with a supercharger! That's a whole 1.2 liters bigger plus the blower! if they are gonna compare somethin make about equal!
But there is nothing that is "equal"!... The only thing could be is the new Shelby GT500!.. But then again that's a Shelby with 650hp vs a ZL1 with 580hp!.. The whole muscle car world is pissed that Ford is doing now what they did with the Terminator!.. Held on to their best kept secrete until the last minute!.. There were rumors about the new Shelby, but they only said just over 600!.. None of them thought Ford was going to 650+!.. Then Chrystler releases their SRT8 Challenger 392 with 480hp!.. Chevy with the Camaro ZL1 with 580hp!.. And then Ford throws down the trump card with the Shelby at 650hp!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
91BlueMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 68
I just luv how ford can make more power with less cubic inches! Always been like that!
91BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule
I just luv how ford can make more power with less cubic inches! Always been like that!
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule
I just luv how ford can make more power with less cubic inches! Always been like that!
It is pretty sweet!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
0-60 the Boss will win, it beats the vett 0-60
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MTilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule
I just luv how ford can make more power with less cubic inches! Always been like that!
Damn right!
__________________

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Re: i'm very confused!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule View Post
I just luv how ford can make more power with less cubic inches! Always been like that!
Ya ford is the best American company at it, BUT, BMW puts us all to shame. ford 5.0 = 421(crank), BMW 4.0 = 420(rwhp). not to mention the new M3 will be a triple, thats right i said triple, turbo on a straight six with ~450 hp. not to mention Ferrari with a 4.5 V8 at 560. N/A! thats not even fair!
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
LOL the mustang does good all those cars you mentioned get way worse MPGs and that's a tough balancing act that ford is one of the best at with out having to use displacement on demand like dodge and Chevy
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
LOL the mustang does good all those cars you mentioned get way worse MPGs and that's a tough balancing act that ford is one of the best at with out having to use displacement on demand like dodge and Chevy
Well I know the 4.0 BMW v8 gets almost identical "real world mpg" as the 5.0 stang. The figures ford puts out on mpg are a little generous.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

Ya ford is the best American company at it, BUT, BMW puts us all to shame. ford 5.0 = 421(crank), BMW 4.0 = 420(rwhp). not to mention the new M3 will be a triple, thats right i said triple, turbo on a straight six with ~450 hp. not to mention Ferrari with a 4.5 V8 at 560. N/A! thats not even fair!
Your comparing a Mustang to cars that are a he'll of a lot more cash!!... The best bang for your buck to go fast for cheap is the Mustang!.. And as far as being fair?... The 2013 Shelby GT500 will do just over 200mph!.. Name another car for about $65,000 or less that can do that straight from the factory!... If anything it just ain't fair to the competition!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

Well I know the 4.0 BMW v8 gets almost identical "real world mpg" as the 5.0 stang. The figures ford puts out on mpg are a little generous.
I thought the EPA did the MPG ratings/testing
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Your comparing a Mustang to cars that are a he'll of a lot more cash!!... The best bang for your buck to go fast for cheap is the Mustang!.. And as far as being fair?... The 2013 Shelby GT500 will do just over 200mph!.. Name another car for about $65,000 or less that can do that straight from the factory!... If anything it just ain't fair to the competition!.. Lol
This is a hard subject for me to argue. My love for my mustang is undying, but as an engineer the sheer technical prowess of the BMW and Ferrari are just amazing. There is no denying the cost effectiveness of a mustang is unparalleled. The new gt 500 is f*** ing ridiculous! I want one sooooooo bad!

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

I thought the EPA did the MPG ratings/testing
I get 19 on average. And that's mostly freeway at 70mph an keeping my foot out of it(mostly)
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
Quick ?, Y r u comparing sports cars with muscle cars? HUGE difference, the BMW M3 is a sports car. Mustangs, even shellbys are sports coupes aka sports coupes
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87
Quick ?, Y r u comparing sports cars with muscle cars? HUGE difference, the BMW M3 is a sports car. Mustangs, even shellbys are sports coupes aka sports coupes
It's more a comparison of the powerplants. The engineers behind BMW are so damn good at what they do. My goal as an engineer is to bring that same quality to American engines. The something to be said for taking time to make the best engine possible. Ford is defiantly moving in the right direction but they still got a long way to go
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Have BMW produce the same amount of cars and have the same market base, ford can engineer anything BMW can but I think it comes down to profitable and practical
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Have BMW produce the same amount of cars and have the same market base, ford can engineer anything BMW can but I think it comes down to profitable and practical
This comparison will only work for residents of CA AZ NV UT and TX. I work for in n out, a west coast fast food place. We are one of the world most successful fast food chains for a lot of the same reason for BMW being a successful car manufacture. We focus on one thing, burgers. It's all we serve and were damn good at it. Just YouTube in n out line and you will see what I'm talking about. BMW males sports cars. That's all they do and there damn good at it. In n out only has like 270 stores while mcdonalds has on the order of thousands. Ford makes a lot of cars for a lot of applications. I love ford. I really do. But I want to see a company in America that makes cars of the same caliber as Ferrari and BMW. There is the ford gt but that was made for like 2 years and no more. Why not continually make cars that good. We proved twice we can beat Ferrari so why not keep doing it. I'll get off my soapbox now
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Lone Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule View Post
How can Motortrend say that testin a 2012 boss 302 laguna seca vs a 2012 camaro zl1 a fair test? U have a supercharged 6.2 vs a n/a 5.0! Come on motortrend that's like taking a v6 camaro and drag racing a gt500! The only good thing I can say about the test is that the boss didn't lose by much! 3 seconds on the road course and 3 tenths in the 1/4 mile!
That is very impressive! 1.2 liters bigger and a blower and the 5.0 is right there with him! I would be damn proud of my 5.0 if it could hang with the best Chevy has to offer.
__________________

Northern Virginia Mustang Club
Silver Mustang Registry #1045
2010 Brilliant Silver 4.0 V6 Traded and will be missed
2011 Performance White Premium GT 5.0 6MT, 19" Machined Wheels, 3.73 gears, GT500 Axle-Backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Dynojet #'s 387rwhp/380 tq.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
U can still buy new Ford
GTs, u just have to order them
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

This comparison will only work for residents of CA AZ NV UT and TX. I work for in n out, a west coast fast food place. We are one of the world most successful fast food chains for a lot of the same reason for BMW being a successful car manufacture. We focus on one thing, burgers. It's all we serve and were damn good at it. Just YouTube in n out line and you will see what I'm talking about. BMW males sports cars. That's all they do and there damn good at it. In n out only has like 270 stores while mcdonalds has on the order of thousands. Ford makes a lot of cars for a lot of applications. I love ford. I really do. But I want to see a company in America that makes cars of the same caliber as Ferrari and BMW. There is the ford gt but that was made for like 2 years and no more. Why not continually make cars that good. We proved twice we can beat Ferrari so why not keep doing it. I'll get off my soapbox now
Still wrong, I'm talking about as a whole company, your camparing there best to everything at ford, look down the line at BMW there entry level models or the ones they produce for Europe, and a little fact, the 4.6 DOHC is used in a few supercars one of them being one of the fastest
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

This comparison will only work for residents of CA AZ NV UT and TX. I work for in n out, a west coast fast food place. We are one of the world most successful fast food chains for a lot of the same reason for BMW being a successful car manufacture. We focus on one thing, burgers. It's all we serve and were damn good at it. Just YouTube in n out line and you will see what I'm talking about. BMW males sports cars. That's all they do and there damn good at it. In n out only has like 270 stores while mcdonalds has on the order of thousands. Ford makes a lot of cars for a lot of applications. I love ford. I really do. But I want to see a company in America that makes cars of the same caliber as Ferrari and BMW. There is the ford gt but that was made for like 2 years and no more. Why not continually make cars that good. We proved twice we can beat Ferrari so why not keep doing it. I'll get off my soapbox now
SSC... As for all the fat wallet crap. Companies like bmw ruin true preformance for everyone that ford is more about fact is bmw's and the like are what id like to call "done" cars for the masses while mustangs are "personal preformance projects" that just so happen to be damn cool driviable stock starting points for anyone weather they add the 20+g in upgrades and parts to equiel bmw $ tag and mechanical "prowess" as some put it or not its still at any $$ point in modded or stock form the superiour car when done right (simple because its more appealing to more ppl based on reliability and performace "posability" upgradeability and affordability)
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Still wrong, I'm talking about as a whole company, your camparing there best to everything at ford, look down the line at BMW there entry level models or the ones they produce for Europe, and a little fact, the 4.6 DOHC is used in a few supercars one of them being one of the fastest
Missing the point. BMW as a whole makes sports cars. The 1,3,5,6,7 series and even the x series cars are all really just sports cars. They do one thing really well. Ford simply cannot compete because they make everything. Cars trucks vans compacts muscle. They make it all and do a good job at it. As far as that 4.6 goes, name one "supercar" that has it. No car with that motor should ever be dubbed a supercar.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

SSC... As for all the fat wallet crap. Companies like bmw ruin true preformance for everyone that ford is more about fact is bmw's and the like are what id like to call "done" cars for the masses while mustangs are "personal preformance projects" that just so happen to be damn cool driviable stock starting points for anyone weather they add the 20+g in upgrades and parts to equiel bmw $ tag and mechanical "prowess" as some put it or not its still at any $$ point in modded or stock form the superiour car when done right (simple because its more appealing to more ppl based on reliability and performace "posability" upgradeability and affordability)
Ssc is doing a good job but that's not quite the price range. To be a great car it doesn't have to go 250 mph. It doest have to go 200 or 180. When was the last time you went faster than 155 on the street. And as far as modification yes mustangs are fun to mod because they need mods. Ferraris come off the factory floor with everything they will ever need
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Koenigsegg! And if that ain't a supercar then I'll send you ten bucks
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
How did we get from talking bout camars to BMWs?
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
91BlueMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 68
Damn, I was just stating my opinion and how I felt about motortrend's test of the zl1 vs the boss. Bmw and ferrari are nice cars but unless I hit the lotto I'll stick with my ford!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87
How did we get from talking bout camars to BMWs?
I agree 10x
91BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
I,know, everyone started talking about italian sports cars and stuff, BACK TO THE SUBJECT PEOPLE!!!
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2631552618.png
Views:	78
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	40801  
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Koenigsegg! And if that ain't a supercar then I'll send you ten bucks
More of that engine consisted of koenigsegg parts than ford parts. Koenigsegg took that base motor and replaced everything. Still proving my point. A company took a ford engine and made a supercar out of it, why then can ford not make a supercar as well with the same motor.

The new gt500 is fast but it's still probably pretty bad around a corner. Were moving in the right direction but we have a way to go. Chevy and dodge are still in the stone age
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
I thought that was the Ford GT
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
I thought that was the Ford GT
Circles here. Why do we not keep developing cars that good
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
91BlueMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 68
I take it neither one of u work at ford? Or have any say so in what ford builds! U two can argue till u turn blue in the face. Ford is not bmw or ferrari and vice versa! Ford builds cars for the american people and to make a profit. so what a bmw is sportier and more comfortable! Who cares that a v-10 ferrari can make 550 hp at 10k rpm! They still don't have that american muscle feel! If u want a supercar buy one! If want that lovely v8 growl buy a mustang!
91BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlueMule
I take it neither one of u work at ford? Or have any say so in what ford builds! U two can argue till u turn blue in the face. Ford is not bmw or ferrari and vice versa! Ford builds cars for the american people and to make a profit. so what a bmw is sportier and more comfortable! Who cares that a v-10 ferrari can make 550 hp at 10k rpm! They still don't have that american muscle feel! If u want a supercar buy one! If want that lovely v8 growl buy a mustang!
Haha but why not both. I didn't want this to get this serious. I actually really want to work for ford when I graduate. I love the direction the company is going in and I want to be a part of it.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mustang will not start im confused?? help mhobbs 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 11-30-2011 01:30 PM
CONFUSED Jrock936 General Car Discussion 14 09-27-2011 11:50 PM
T-Max Transmission Thermostat Trojan Horse 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 08-27-2011 04:35 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.