Mustang Evolution Forum banner

'08 GT500 Dyno Results ~ Before & After Mods

12K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  The Darkside 
#1 ·
Before (factory stock, 2415 miles, 91 octane, 12/01/07)
Max. Tq: 414@4475, Max. Rwhp: 394@5400

After (Steeda CAI, JBA 3" cat-back exhaust, custom program thru Xcal2 & dyno tuning, 2468 miles, 91 octane, 12/03/07)
Max. Tq: 472@4350, Max. Rwhp: 502@6275

Work was done at JBA Racing in San Diego (same people who did R&D for Super Snake exhaust and tune) on a Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer I did the cat-back exhaust after the base runs, then did the intake and tune today. Total cost: $2121.79 (including base run) ~ that's less than $20 per "horse" gained at the rear wheel.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The CAI and exhasut really wake up the car. Mine put down right at 400/380 with a cai/exhaust (no tune yet). Stock the GT500s are supposed to be around 430rwhp though so I wonder if the dyno was off.

#10 ·
So i have a question, does that mean if i buy a gt500 i should really try and get a tune by somone like you did who worked on the super snake tune or do you think anyone who can tune can do it.

how much do you think you benifited because they were the same people? the cost you paid was very good by the way. good price.

#13 ·
Any reputable tuner can tune the GT500. Whether it be Amazon Racing, Stang Hi peformance, RWTD, Mile High Performange, HP by Herman, VMP, etc. There are a lot of very good tuners out there...having one that worked on the super snake tune doesn't mean much of anything. My guess is the benefit was minimal if anything.

That same tuning from Stanghi here in baton rouge will run your $450...plus the cost of any parts you needed (Tuner, headers, etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.