No respect.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
No respect....

So many idiots and ppl that just don't give a **** about others. No respect. I bring my car to get her tinted and now my driver side rear quarter panel is all scuffed up. Granted I'm sure it will buff out, that's not the point. And it's not just one, it's about ten in one area. I'm guessing belt buckle or something clothing related while he was doing the back glass? I showed the manager and at first he put it off as no big deal! Then after me getting angry about it he said well look ma'am whatever you want us to do to fix this let me know and it will be done. I have to back on Monday because I was too pissed to even think straight. But I have a plan now. Gonna go to a body shop an get a quote to have it professionally fixed, and demand that amount from them to do it, then gonna take some good wax to her and see if I can fix her up myself. In the end its really not about the money for me, but nowadays the only things that speaks loud enough is money. I just want to prove a point that they should have taken more caution with my car. And hopefully they do for the next person that goes in.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
So many idiots and ppl that just don't give a **** about others. No respect. I bring my car to get her tinted and now my driver side rear quarter panel is all scuffed up. Granted I'm sure it will buff out, that's not the point. And it's not just one, it's about ten in one area. I'm guessing belt buckle or something clothing related while he was doing the back glass? I showed the manager and at first he put it off as no big deal! Then after me getting angry about it he said well look ma'am whatever you want us to do to fix this let me know and it will be done. I have to back on Monday because I was too pissed to even think straight. But I have a plan now. Gonna go to a body shop an get a quote to have it professionally fixed, and demand that amount from them to do it, then gonna take some good wax to her and see if I can fix her up myself. In the end its really not about the money for me, but nowadays the only things that speaks loud enough is money. I just want to prove a point that they should have taken more caution with my car. And hopefully they do for the next person that goes in.
Oh that pisses me off big time. I would've been furious. You did right. I wouldn't even try to fix it myself. Go get the body shop quote and go back asap and get the to fix it. That's ridiculous.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: No respect....

I agree, make them pay to fix it.

A professional shop should know better and put fender guards on to keep from scuffing or scratching up your car.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
So you're going to get a quote from the shop, demand the tint shop pays for damages, then try to fix it yourself to pocket the money?

Well, I don't quite agree to that, despite your problem. But also, I doubt a shop will give YOU money. If anything they'd pay the body shop that fixed the damages. Just saying.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

So you're going to get a quote from the shop, demand the tint shop pays for damages, then try to fix it yourself to pocket the money?

Well, I don't quite agree to that, despite your problem. But also, I doubt a shop will give YOU money. If anything they'd pay the body shop that fixed the damages. Just saying.
Well he offered to pay me for damages. And idk what price is reasonable to give him. Same thing as insurance claims, ppl pocket money all the time on that ****. I'm getting a legitimate quote for the damages and getting paid for it, whether I chose to put it on the car is my choice. Getting the damages compensated is the point behind it.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Well he offered to pay me for damages. And idk what price is reasonable to give him. Same thing as insurance claims, ppl pocket money all the time on that ****. I'm getting a legitimate quote for the damages and getting paid for it, whether I chose to put it on the car is my choice. Getting the damages compensated is the point behind it.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
Agreed.
Nothing wrong with what you are doing at all.
Getting paid a fair market price for the damage is reasonable.
Just because you can do the repairs yourself and do them cheaper or decide not to fix it at all doesn't mean it isn't fair or right IMO.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Want me to bust some kneecaps
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

You are the reason why our insurance rates keep going up......that's shady as hell. Try fixing it yourself and if it doesn't work.......stick it to them!!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
You are the reason why our insurance rates keep going up......that's shady as hell. Try fixing it yourself and if it doesn't work.......stick it to them!!
Dude, they damaged the car. They offered to pay...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I don't understand your meaning here?
There is no insurance company involved from what I understand.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

most just have no respect for others property.... the owner should have handled it differently and told you he would fix it then have a word with who ever did it to make sure it doesnt happen again... you dont lean over a car and touch it and if you have to touch it you put something over it so you dont scratch it...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
No insurance involved in this, thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote:
And even if I can fix it, that means they just get away with it? I think NOT. I'm standing up
Not only for myself but the people who go there after me. If they have to pay, they Are more likely to be more careful next time. What if your car was next in line? You'd be thanking me.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
most just have no respect for others property.... the owner should have handled it differently and told you he would fix it then have a word with who ever did it to make sure it doesnt happen again... you dont lean over a car and touch it and if you have to touch it you put something over it so you dont scratch it...
That is correct. I understand he had to reach over the car. But protect it. Take pride in your work man.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

And even if I can fix it, that means they just get away with it? I think NOT. I'm standing up
Not only for myself but the people who go there after me. If they have to pay, they Are more likely to be more careful next time. What if your car was next in line? You'd be thanking me.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

That is correct. I understand he had to reach over the car. But protect it. Take pride in your work man.
Well spoken .. If u still need some kneecaps busted let me know ...
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I apologize if I offended you. My dad has been in the paint and body industry for longer than I've been alive so I just get a bit riled up when I see things happen like this. You're not totally wrong. Do what you gotta do. I'm just a bit touchy on the subject.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Went over with a quote and the guy wrote the check, no questions asked. I think a $53 refund is fair.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Went over with a quote and the guy wrote the check, no questions asked. I think a $53 refund is fair.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
That sucks :/

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
That sucks :/
Yea. But at least they owned up to it.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Well Good

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
My new bullitts got scratched by the shop that put em on last week. They out right wrote me a check for they full cost of the wheels. Its not noticeable from a few feet away, but the point is they were mine and new. Wheels are staying on and that money is gonna get used to replace the oil pan I just broke. I understand how ya feel, I was so pissed. They tried claiming "shipping" damage. They shut up and wrote a check once I showed em the before pictures of the wheels taken in their parking lot minutes before they put em on.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #22
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
That's completely fair. They messed up they need to fix it. And even if you can fix it yourself it is still NOT FREE!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

That's completely fair. They messed up they need to fix it. And even if you can fix it yourself it is still NOT FREE!
'Time is my most valuable asset'
-Mark Cuban
Old 03-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

-Mark Cuban
Right on!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Right on!
Picked that up from 'Shark Tank'. The wife and I like to watch that show.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
My new bullitts got scratched by the shop that put em on last week. They out right wrote me a check for they full cost of the wheels. Its not noticeable from a few feet away, but the point is they were mine and new. Wheels are staying on and that money is gonna get used to replace the oil pan I just broke. I understand how ya feel, I was so pissed. They tried claiming "shipping" damage. They shut up and wrote a check once I showed em the before pictures of the wheels taken in their parking lot minutes before they put em on.
Glad they took care of it

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:

True!

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote:

-Mark Cuban
Very good quote.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote:

Picked that up from 'Shark Tank'. The wife and I like to watch that show.
LOVE that show!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

It's a great show! Drama and comedy!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #28
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
It's a great show! Drama and comedy!
And a few idiots. Lol
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

At least you got them to own up to it.

How much was the tint job? I would have told them to refund my money then we'd be good.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Or take off the belt!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #31
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmer
At least you got them to own up to it.

How much was the tint job? I would have told them to refund my money then we'd be good.
The tint job was 150

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Or take off the belt!
Yea, wouldn't that have been easy enough? Lol
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

i HATE letting anyone work on my cars.... they dont treat them right 90% of the time, heck I would be MORE than happy to tip people that took care of my car and made it a point to let me know they were.... but that doesnt happen.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #33
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
i HATE letting anyone work on my cars.... they dont treat them right 90% of the time, heck I would be MORE than happy to tip people that took care of my car and made it a point to let me know they were.... but that doesnt happen.
Exactly!!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 03-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #34
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
So how did the tint job come out? Carelessness aside, did the tint come out good? Pics?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #35
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
They are suppose to be professionals and the manager basically laughs in your face? F?!$ those guys. I'd campaign against them to make sure no one goes there again. Your 100% right. Screw them
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion