Mach 1 sc questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Mach 1 sc questions

So tmrw ima go get my car loan from the bank. The stang I'm looking for is a blue Mach 1. Ima go check it out and what not. What should I be looking for since it's supercharged and what questions should I be asking the seller?
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It's hard to say, sucks buying used especially a built up one, not to scare you, but my buddy bought an 03 cobra used and the motor blew, turns out someone rebuilt it and used a regular GT crank and non forged internals, so the guy who owned it before blew the motor and rebuilt with junk yard parts just to sell it :/ soooooo ask a billion questions and hope he's honest

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
It's hard to say, sucks buying used especially a built up one, not to scare you, but my buddy bought an 03 cobra used and the motor blew, turns out someone rebuilt it and used a regular GT crank and non forged internals, so the guy who owned it before blew the motor and rebuilt with junk yard parts just to sell it :/ soooooo ask a billion questions and hope he's honest
Yea tht scared me a bit. I mean it looks like he babied it but yea I will def ask a bunch of questions for 17 k
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Yup, really sucks buying used sports cars. Most people pound on'em. I always try to look at gaskets, etc. If it looks pretty clean underneath and the gaskets look like they have been in place for a long time, it might mean there are no major internal changes you would have to wonder about. Don't buy a car with leaks unless you know for sure you will fix them. Costs a ton in labor to fix rear main, and sometimes even just the oil pan. Fox bodies you had to lift the motor up to get the oil pan off. Good luck
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Yup, really sucks buying used sports cars. Most people pound on'em. I always try to look at gaskets, etc. If it looks pretty clean underneath and the gaskets look like they have been in place for a long time, it might mean there are no major internal changes you would have to wonder about. Don't buy a car with leaks unless you know for sure you will fix them. Costs a ton in labor to fix rear main, and sometimes even just the oil pan. Fox bodies you had to lift the motor up to get the oil pan off. Good luck
Yea I knw it has low miles and from the pics the engine looks clean. It looks excactly like ures lol
Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Make sure you check for blowby!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

And i would have a compression test done on it b4 you by it if at all possible for you.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea I knw it has low miles and from the pics the engine looks clean. It looks excactly like ures lol
My Mach doesn't have much in upgrades. Cold air, 3.73, and cat back. I love it! If that one is as good mechanically as it looks, especially with the SC, you would not be disappointed!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126
Make sure you check for blowby!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

And i would have a compression test done on it b4 you by it if at all possible for you.
Alright will do my friend a mechanics going to go with me so he will chek everything.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion