First Accident :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
First Accident :(

People suck man. Parking today, I was about an inch or so closer than I thought I was. Swiped a parked car on the drivers side going about 3 or 4 mph. Got out to make sure the only passenger in the other car was ok. She started screaming at me in Spanish. Not a word of English. She was real quick to call the cops, completely unneccessarily. And when the cops showed she was fine. But when it came to file the report, of course her "neck hurt". What do you expect? I live in the insurance fraud capitol of the US. The scratch on her car wasn't even bad. Worst case scenario, it needed it needed a little buffing. If anything her *** should be locked up for a stupid '05 Altima hurting my beautiful baby... Sorry guys. Just venting I guess. lol
bat3415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: First Accident :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat3415 View Post
People suck man. Parking today, I was about an inch or so closer than I thought I was. Swiped a parked car on the drivers side going about 3 or 4 mph. Got out to make sure the only passenger in the other car was ok. She started screaming at me in Spanish. Not a word of English. She was real quick to call the cops, completely unneccessarily. And when the cops showed she was fine. But when it came to file the report, of course her "neck hurt". What do you expect? I live in the insurance fraud capitol of the US. The scratch on her car wasn't even bad. Worst case scenario, it needed it needed a little buffing. If anything her *** should be locked up for a stupid '05 Altima hurting my beautiful baby... Sorry guys. Just venting I guess. lol
Right there with ya bud, people do suck

especially the ones that make such a big deal out of nothing like that

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Sucks, I always park out in the middle of nowhere so no cars are near me. Usually take up 2 spots too lol. I've seen people in parking lots and I don't need my stang near any of those people!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Sucks, I always park out in the middle of nowhere so no cars are near me. Usually take up 2 spots too lol. I've seen people in parking lots and I don't need my stang near any of those people!
I always park away from everyone next to a curb so that way I can only get hit on one side instead of both, and I park as close to that curb as I can without scratching my wheels

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I once took up 2 spots in a parking lot between 2 other cars and had some a**hole try to park into half a spot! Luckily, I was in my car so I decided just to move and let him take the spot.. I really don't think he could have fit without hitting my car. The spot wasn't worth the scratches/dents I might have had...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I usually do too. But this was the last spot on the lot. And of course it was the biggest b**** in the world.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

How was the damage on yours?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just a little crack in the bumper. Its no big deal for me. I'm in school for body work anyway and I was getting ready to do body work and repaint the whole car. It needs it bad.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
My boss just got a ticket for taking up two spots in a parking lot in downtown Greenville SC. It was like 15 bucks. well worth it, versus getting dents and scratches fixed.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

I always park away from everyone next to a curb so that way I can only get hit on one side instead of both, and I park as close to that curb as I can without scratching my wheels
that's exactly what I do.. I hate going to malls with my stang because I will be worried about it getting scratched the whole time. Haha
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I work at McDonalds inside a Walmart(typically crappy job for 17 year old, but enough money to fuel my mods) and we are aloud to park on the side of the building behind the pregnant mothers spots, I thought nothing of it because there was plenty of room to back out and not even need to get close to my car.
Well I was wrong, and someone backed into my passenger door and drive off while I was working came out off a long shift to find that and I was pissed.
But it gave me a good reason to repaint the whole car(to "match the paint better") as I like to say and put some racing stripes on her, an new body parts.
But my lesson... Never park near anyone else.... Ever....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1320027754.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	47704   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3807811318.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	47705  

xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

People always seem to park near me no matter how far away i park smh...
Cobraswapv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraswapv6
+1.... I park in the north 50 and usually come out to find some ****** parked next to me in a pos
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraswapv6
lol I've gotten that as well. In the middle of no where in a parking lot with 100 spots around me and some pos wants to park right next to my car. WHY????!!!! At least keep one space between us!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

lol I've gotten that as well. In the middle of no where in a parking lot with 100 spots around me and some pos wants to park right next to my car. WHY????!!!! At least keep one space between us!
Right??
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Lol. Maybe you guys just have some cutie cars. Whenever I see any Mustang I park next to it.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

My boss just got a ticket for taking up two spots in a parking lot in downtown Greenville SC. It was like 15 bucks. well worth it, versus getting dents and scratches fixed.
Lol must of been at Haywood mall thecops there are the worst
kelidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelidd

Lol must of been at Haywood mall thecops there are the worst
They are terrible, but it was actually like downtown Greenville.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I parked all the way up top at my local Walmart, i dont have some cutesie car but i sure as he.. dont want any more dings,scratches etc on the car though. Especially from some moron who cant pay attention and hits it with their door or a run away cart.
Cobraswapv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat3415 View Post
Why were you THAT close? Tight street?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
I once took up 2 spots in a parking lot between 2 other cars and had some a**hole try to park into half a spot! Luckily, I was in my car so I decided just to move and let him take the spot.. I really don't think he could have fit without hitting my car. The spot wasn't worth the scratches/dents I might have had...
Taking 2 spots is illegal. Period. No car is more special than another. So of course people tend to take that way serious and want to 'make a point' to us. I can see it if it is a huge lot with many open, closer spaces. That being said, I park as far as possible and people still park next to you. I am sure it is on purpose. Or if I see a similarly nice car, I park near it if space is limited since I'd hope he probably cares as much about his car as I do.

I wish we had our own 'sports car section' or something.

Got a car door dent the DAY I bought my Stang on the first drive home. I stopped at Walmart for eagle one and came back to a dent.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion