DSS short block - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
DSS short block

So i think i want an older cobra because they are nicer for insurance. But all the ones i find that i like have a ton of miles of them, now i was thinking that if they have alot of miles that i should buy a short block of it off DSS so i could have a strong engine that i could shoot NO2 through. Or would it be better to find one with low miles? What are the pros and cons of buying an older car and replacing the block as opposed to just getting one with less miles?

iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: DSS short block

one with lower miles could inherently have fewer bugs to work out (IE older one may need other work done..) but no guarantee on that, previous owner of a high mileage one may have been meticulous, not happy if there's even one rusty bolt, etc, where a lower mileage one (not likely in a cobra but..) may have been abused, never taken care of, repaired, etc...

What it comes down to is checking a car out in person, looking it over thoroughly or have a mechanic look it over, and taking it out for a thorough test drive...
the stock block, even with fairly high miles, is pretty sturdy up to a point still, I would say you shouldn't have to upgrade it right off the bat...
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion