Big problem!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #1

Region: Alaska
Big problem!!

K so I Own a 99 gt mustang and I brought it to a shop after drivin over a rock wich wasn't large, but it clipped my suspension and then my mechanic said I was a manufacturing faulty weld that broke on the main supporting plate under the chassis but is connected to the suspenion

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

But anywas he showed me it and idk if I explains that right but he says he's beer had this problem and doesn't know if he can fix it but he'd have to take out exhaust and the axel to weld the plate that fractured ad then reinforce it. But my question is can I go back to ford and have it replaced or is it too old?
Lets gallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Its too old, ford won't do anything for you unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #3

Yeah that's what I was told but. Is that even fixable or safe, cause my mechanic still doesn't know if he can fix it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
What exactly broke/cracked? The cross member, sub-frames? Post a picture if possible.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Big problem!!

You can fix anything, but if your mechanic is scared I wouldn't let him do it. I am not really sure what is broken, but it can be fixed. Just might take a little more work, or metal than he wants to put into it. People who realllly know how to weld can make them stronger than the metal around them.

I can weld exhaust and things that don't kill me if they fail, sounds like your mechanic is on this level. I would find out exactly what has failed and have someone reputable fix the problem.
vt89gtvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt89gtvert
You can fix anything, but if your mechanic is scared I wouldn't let him do it. I am not really sure what is broken, but it can be fixed. Just might take a little more work, or metal than he wants to put into it. People who realllly know how to weld can make them stronger than the metal around them.

I can weld exhaust and things that don't kill me if they fail, sounds like your mechanic is on this level. I would find out exactly what has failed and have someone reputable fix the problem.
+1
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #7

He showed my what was wrong is was this sheet of metal tht is connected to bth suspensions and the right side fracturecdd sothe week can move about freely but this guys owns ketchikan autobody he's a professional but he just doesn't know if itl be safe enough

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion