What did you do with your Mustang today - Page 14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #456
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daly2000GT

Night shades from pep boys. Came out better than I hoped. Thinking about doing my tail lights. But not sure how much light gets through.
Yup, it looked brand new. It didn't look too dark. Too bad you can't try it on something to get an idea how much brightness you would lose from the tail lights.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #457
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daly2000GT

Night shades from pep boys. Came out better than I hoped. Thinking about doing my tail lights. But not sure how much light gets through.
Thanks, I'm definitely getting some of that.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258
Crawled underneath it again to try and find my squeaky noise. When I have it on jack stands it does not squeak so I'm thinking it's the wheel bearing or the axle shaft. And is this picture an aluminum drive shaft or stock?
That big piece of rusted metal in the picture with the bolt in the middle. Check to see if that rattles. I had a 98 that squeaked and made all kinds of noise. One day I got under it and that piece had so much play in it. The bushings had wore out. Just an idea.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #458
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Moving to a new city or just new house?
Just a new house for now

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #459
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Maybe you can find one you can take apart at a salvage yard..? Did that end up making it run funky?
Alright it started to idle rough so I'm thinking it was from that crack. And I know nobody is going to like this and if it is a terrible engine threatening idea tell me so I can fix it properly. I just don't really have the money to be buying a whole bunch of stuff.... What's the melting point of duct tape anyway? And when in doubt, get the duct tape out. Also my RPMs are dropping way low like 200 when comming to a stop with the clutch in any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120703_212358.png
Views:	70
Size:	559.3 KB
ID:	57529  
Old 07-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #460
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

Alright it started to idle rough so I'm thinking it was from that crack. And I know nobody is going to like this and if it is a terrible engine threatening idea tell me so I can fix it properly. I just don't really have the money to be buying a whole bunch of stuff.... What's the melting point of duct tape anyway? And when in doubt, get the duct tape out. Also my RPMs are dropping way low like 200 when comming to a stop with the clutch in any ideas?
Does it seem like it wants to die? Do your rpms stay low or bog then go to normal idle? Does she ever shut down when you come to a stop going down the gears?
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #461
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Does it seem like it wants to die? Do your rpms stay low or bog then go to normal idle? Does she ever shut down when you come to a stop going down the gears?
No never bogs down never really seems like it's going to die, it runs excellently when driving. And when the RPMs drop its when I'm almost stopped with the clutch in. But it just bounces back up to 600 or wherever normal idle is. And the idle was fluctuating a tiny bit, but I duck taped it :-\ and went for a quick drive the RPMs were still dipping down but the idle was fine.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #462
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No never bogs down never really seems like it's going to die, it runs excellently when driving. And when the RPMs drop its when I'm almost stopped with the clutch in. But it just bounces back up to 600 or wherever normal idle is. And the idle was fluctuating a tiny bit, but I duck taped it :-\ and went for a quick drive the RPMs were still dipping down but the idle was fine.
Hu, mine used to bog then die, sometimes and only when I shifted down to a stop I had the tranny redone and not once has it done it. I dont say its your tranny just personal experience with so so similar problemo. What was it that you master mechanict with the quack quack paper?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Nevera mind what was taped, I got smart and went to look for it
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #463
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hu, mine used to bog then die, sometimes and only when I shifted down to a stop I had the tranny redone and not once has it done it. I dont say its your tranny just personal experience with so so similar problemo. What was it that you master mechanict with the quack quack paper?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Nevera mind what was taped, I got smart and went to look for it
Yeah 2 of the mounts on my CAI, where the heat shield meets the MAF section broke so there was a big gap. And still is. It was running fine but for the last 2 days I have noticed my idle has been fluctuating when sitting at a stop light or something and it has never done that before. But I'm thinking my spark plugs do need to be changed I'm sure. So that could be a problem too I would think but i dont know. My car is falling apart and it doesn't even have 50,000 miles yet
Old 07-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #464
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
She's clean. Woot.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #465
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah 2 of the mounts on my CAI, where the heat shield meets the MAF section broke so there was a big gap. And still is. It was running fine but for the last 2 days I have noticed my idle has been fluctuating when sitting at a stop light or something and it has never done that before. But I'm thinking my spark plugs do need to be changed I'm sure. So that could be a problem too I would think but i dont know. My car is falling apart and it doesn't even have 50,000 miles yet
Can you get that piece replaced? Anything cheaper first than going.with plugs- of course never a bad idea. Might have a cold cause of it, cold= no good breathing

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
She's clean. Woot.
Lucky mine just got peed on by the clouds
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #466
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Can you get that piece replaced? Anything cheaper first than going.with plugs- of course never a bad idea. Might have a cold cause of it, cold= no good breathing

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Lucky mine just got peed on by the clouds
I don't think so, Azure suggested that I see if I can find one at a junk yard, but other than that I don't know. I need to start looking.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #467
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't think so, Azure suggested that I see if I can find one at a junk yard, but other than that I don't know. I need to start looking.
What year is she?
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #468
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:

My first guess on the idle would be air leaks around where it's cracked. Its probably letting air bypass the MAF and confusing the ECU. I'm surprised that doesn't make the ECU throw a CEL. I've have heard running this way is bad for your engine. Getting a MAF or MAF body from the junk yard is probably the cheapest fix. From your pics, it looks like that's all you needed. Looks like the circled part is cracked...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #469
Registered Member
Regular

Re: What did you do with your Mustang today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
What year is she?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
My first guess on the idle would be air leaks around where it's cracked. Its probably letting air bypass the MAF and confusing the ECU. I'm surprised that doesn't make the ECU throw a CEL. I've have heard running this way is bad for your engine. Getting a MAF or MAF body from the junk yard is probably the cheapest fix. From your pics, it looks like that's all you needed. Looks like the circled part is cracked...
Yeah thats what i was thinking but its right before the MAF so i was also thinking it would not do anything because the whole intake is up there and its letting air in right before the crack. So alittle more air i would not think would do anything but i dont know.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #470
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Yeah thats what i was thinking but its right before the MAF so i was also thinking it would not do anything because the whole intake is up there and its letting air in right before the crack. So alittle more air i would not think would do anything but i dont know.
Have you tryed running it with out the shield?
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #471
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Probably run funny, only if air is not being measured by the MAF. Also, duct tape = 100 MPH tape as well. Hehe Hope you can find a cheap solution
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #472
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have you tryed running it with out the shield?
I dont see what that would accomplish / i need the shield to have the filter on it. Unless i just run it without a filter.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Probably run funny, only if air is not being measured by the MAF. Also, duct tape = 100 MPH tape as well. Hehe Hope you can find a cheap solution
Thanks. And i just came up with a cheep and smart solution. How about i will just trade you strait across for your mach..
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #473
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I dont see what that would accomplish / i need the shield to have the filter on it. Unless i just run it without a filter.
Just seeing if it would change the idle, never mind though. Running with no filter, might as well throw dirt in yourself
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #474
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just seeing if it would change the idle, never mind though. Running with no filter, might as well throw dirt in yourself
Hahaha, yeah. Thanks for all the help guys, i ask alot of questions and they, for the most part get answered.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #475
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Thanks. And i just came up with a cheep and smart solution. How about i will just trade you strait across for your mach..
Sure! Lol
Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #476
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I drove it to work today!!!

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Work, work, gym and wishing I had some faces to put in some work on the babes. Want some new gauge lights- blue =}_ and shift knob
Yeah I am looking to get a new shift knob as well!!!
RRQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #477
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRQuick

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Whatcha looking to get?
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #478
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRQuick

I love little details like the shift knob! I think I might get some eparco racing seats... what do you guys think?
Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #479
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So i put cats on my car i replace some hoses recharge my a/c and a MF'r totals my baby ...he didnt see a red mustang cuming down the street in broad day light ....im too hot
kell97Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #480
Registered Member
Regular

Against my better judgement I dropped the top on the way home. I did pick up some chick fil a for lunch on the way home though. I think the food was actually warmer when I got home than when I picked it up.
Daly2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #481
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Went for some Italian and that's it, cause it's so dang hot!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #482
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell97Gt
So i put cats on my car i replace some hoses recharge my a/c and a MF'r totals my baby ...he didnt see a red mustang cuming down the street in broad day light ....im too hot
Wait wait wait did you just say total? =`{ (tears away)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Went for some Italian and that's it, cause it's so dang hot!
Are you sure its not because it's So Italian?
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #483
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Wait wait wait did you just say total? =`{ (tears away)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Are you sure its not because it's So Italian?
Ha!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #484
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
.....dis is messed up o well gotta start ova
kell97Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #485
Registered Member
Regular

Parked. Waiting for the fireworks to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3312725345.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	472.8 KB
ID:	57621  
Daly2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #486
Registered Member
Regular

Experienced my 1st flat tire luckily it was at work and had all the tools I needed to use. Except a low profile jack so my boss brought his from home so I cld use it. My tire got a 4 in slash and I ordered new tires two weeks ago but takes 2 weeks to arrive. So I used the spare and to my luck also had a puncture hole. After debating whether to leave my car overnight at work "which I just couldn't do" I used a fix a flat and prayed it would last me till I got home lol
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #487
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT
Experienced my 1st flat tire luckily it was at work and had all the tools I needed to use. Except a low profile jack so my boss brought his from home so I cld use it. My tire got a 4 in slash and I ordered new tires two weeks ago but takes 2 weeks to arrive. So I used the spare and to my luck also had a puncture hole. After debating whether to leave my car overnight at work "which I just couldn't do" I used a fix a flat and prayed it would last me till I got home lol
Glad you didn't have to leave her at work!

Time to check my jack and its ability to fit under and lift her up.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #488
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Glad you didn't have to leave her at work!

Time to check my jack and its ability to fit under and lift her up.
Yea it was a pain even getting the low profile jack under there lol. And I sure looked dumb driving my car for 5 mins around my parking lot and McDonald's parking lot waiting for the fix a flat to take effect lol. Anything so I dnt have to leave my car behind
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #489
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT

Yea it was a pain even getting the low profile jack under there lol. And I sure looked dumb driving my car for 5 mins around my parking lot and McDonald's parking lot waiting for the fix a flat to take effect lol. Anything so I dnt have to leave my car behind
Exactly, + a great amount
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #490

Region: Idaho

Had a stop light to stop light race with a ws6 ta,took him the first one,lost the 2nd by a fender
chwhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion