What did you do with your Mustang today - Page 223 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:50 PM   #7771
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest mustang View Post
Wow that looks cooler by the day I washed mine today to (lost a bit of paint in the process) this may sound like a stupid question but I know there is the base mustang,gt,cobra but what is a gt/cs ? I see them a lot driving past my job

Sent from my Z970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
California Special. Offered on 2007 (I think that's when they started again) thru 2014, and will start again 2016 MY.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #7772
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Oh snap
LS swap cam lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #7773
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
California Special. Offered on 2007 (I think that's when they started again) thru 2014, and will start again 2016 MY.
Oh that makes sense what advantages does it offer over a regular gt? Other than a sweet paint job and a nice decal that gives it a menacing look

tempest mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #7774
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Wow that looks cooler by the day I washed mine today to (lost a bit of paint in the process) this may sound like a stupid question but I know there is the base mustang,gt,cobra but what is a gt/cs ? I see them a lot driving past my job

Thanks Brent! A GT/CS is basically a Mustang GT with the California Special option. The California Special first came out in the late sixities, I think it was 68 but don't quote me. It came out again in 07 - 09 and than back in 11 I believe.

In my 08 the option included a unique front and rear bumper covers, two color seats covers a unique gas cap, stripes, That is all that comes to mind but there could be other differences.

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #7775
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Thanks Brent! A GT/CS is basically a Mustang GT with the California Special option. The California Special first came out in the late sixities, I think it was 68 but don't quote me. It came out again in 07 - 09 and than back in 11 I believe.

In my 08 the option included a unique front and rear bumper covers, two color seats covers a unique gas cap, stripes, That is all that comes to mind but there could be other differences.
So its basically a optional body kit and interior option? No supercharger or racing struts or a really cool forged autograph from the president of ford?....................I want one lol

Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #7776
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
No, just cosmetic changes.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #7777
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byock View Post
No, just cosmetic changes.
Well its still pretty cool I mean you gotta give ford props being that they are keeping the history of mustang alive and still finding ways to improve on it IMO

Old 05-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #7778
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Thanks for the input Scotty and nice mustang judging by the front bumper that's a cobra right? As for headlights I do like those more being that there less in your face but still modern as for setup more than likely they won't be chrome as I'm trying to keep the don't screw with me look in place. Gotta scare them Hondas lol

No that is a really really really really really clean 98GT with an OEM Cobra front.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #7779
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
No that is a really really really really really clean 98GT with an OEM Cobra front.
So if my math correct for each "really" is how many times you buff the car each day?
1 really=1 buff a day
5 really in a sentence =5 buffs a day
...........guys I think we just found the cleanest mustang on this forum lmao just giving you a hard time Scotty

Old 05-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #7780
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
So if my math correct for each "really" is how many times you buff the car each day?
1 really=1 buff a day
...........guys I think we just found the cleanest mustang on this forum lmao just giving you a hard time Scotty

Ask him where it is now
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #7781
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
1 really=1 buff a day

It was while I owned it.
Quote:
Ask him where it is now
Its 90 minutes north going to car shows and being driven on the weekends and garaged. Sold it to a member of another forum I belong to.

I honestly feel I've upgraded with a 34k original mile numbered car lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #7782
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
It was while I owned it.

Its 90 minutes north going to car shows and being driven on the weekends and garaged. Sold it to a member of another forum I belong to.

I honestly feel I've upgraded with a 34k original mile numbered car lol.
Yeah some steeda car or something like that that has a supercharger. Pshhhh lol. When are you wrapping the roof?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #7783
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ask him where it is now
I got a feeling I already know the answer and I'd rather not piss him off lol

Old 05-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #7784
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Yeah some steeda car or something like that that has a supercharger. Pshhhh lol. When are you wrapping the roof?

I've got the roof half taped... debating on giving it one more shot. Its actually crazy if you pull up the stripping around the windshield/back window the roof paint ends like 1/4" past the edge if that.

I may wrap it just to protect that part better lol.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #7785
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those are junk.

I recommend the DEPOs either smoked

Amazon.com: Depo 330-1120PXAS2 Ford Mustang Black Headlight Projector Assembly: Automotive

Or Chrome

Amazon.com: Depo 330-1120PXAS1 Ford Mustang Chrome Headlight Projector Assembly: Automotive

I did chrome on my 98.

Install 9011/9012 HIR bulbs

New Genuine Philips HIR1 (9011) & Philips HIR2 (3rdGen) (9012) <B>-- ON SALE!!</B>

$85 for all 4 bulbs

You have to do a slight modify of one of the tabs for them to fit in the 9005/9006 sockets in the DEPOs.

Way brighter than any plug and play HID kit (which is always a terrible idea) and 75% as bright as an OEM HID setup. These bulbs are what they use in plows and **** that needs to be able to see in snowstorms.

This is the superior headlight setup for 94-98 cars without spending $500+ on a HID retrofit and they look cool as hell.

They're ok, you can also send your OEM lights somewhere to be professionally tinted. Be aware of what your local ordinances are on smoked lights though.
[COLOR="Red"]**[/COLOR]How do i get 9007 versions for my '96 Cobra? Help please
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #7786
Registered Member
Regular

I want those bulbs 9007 style.
Hopefully it post's this time.
Thank You,
-Robb
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:54 PM   #7787
Staff
Regular
Staff

Why not just install the DEPOs? Those bulbs will never come in 9007 style, they are a specialty type bulb and its just a lucky coincidence that they need a 15 second mod per bulb to fit into "normal" light sockets.

I have them in my Expedition too that takes 9005/9006 bulbs stock. Pretty much like a $85 HID retrofit for that truck, they are THAT bright.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #7788
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1432759648.174390.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	183508
Got her an oil change tire rotation and brake inspection, it all looked to be in proper shape so it was a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #7789
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona010 View Post
Attachment 183508
Got her an oil change tire rotation and brake inspection, it all looked to be in proper shape so it was a good day!

Cool looking mustang first time I seen one that's not posing for a photo but just doing what any other mustang does which is going thru tires and gas like there is no tomorrow lol either way its like frank martin said in transporter (you take care of the car and the car will take care of you- with British accent)

Old 05-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #7790
Staff
Regular
Staff

Finally broke down and ordered roof vinyl today. And a new headliner... Hoping that AM gets it out today and I see it tomorrow or Saturday. I live 4 hours from them and if they ship it parcel post and it takes 4 days to get a part again I might lose it lol.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #7791
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Finally broke down and ordered roof vinyl today. And a new headliner... Hoping that AM gets it out today and I see it tomorrow or Saturday. I live 4 hours from them and if they ship it parcel post and it takes 4 days to get a part again I might lose it lol.

They ship ups, and it usually goes out in a day and I typically get it next day and I'm in VA.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #7792
Staff
Regular
Staff

Generally this is the case, but I once ordered a part from them on a Thursday and didn't get it for 4 days since they shipped it USPS. I was kinda pissed but it has not happened since. I ordered a clutch a few weeks ago on a wed and it came in the next day so here's hoping.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #7793
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Generally this is the case, but I once ordered a part from them on a Thursday and didn't get it for 4 days since they shipped it USPS. I was kinda pissed but it has not happened since. I ordered a clutch a few weeks ago on a wed and it came in the next day so here's hoping.
The roof vinyl will be big enough for ups. They ship little things usps. Funny thing is is when I ordered my cams there was a ups and usps package and the usps package beat them there!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #7794
Staff
Regular
Staff

I ordered a headliner too so if they put it all in one big box yeah I should get it tomorrow. I'm about to call them and make sure its going out today tho... I want to do it this Saturday morning so I can finally put the ****ing roof of this car behind me lol.

I did pull the car out of the garage today and really give it a good cleaning tho. Although with the roof/sail panels off I had to stuff towels in a few spots to keep water from dumping into the cabin lol.

Need to get some pics of tearing the new stock motor apart down to just the motor and front cover. Intake is coming off and everything.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #7795
Registered Member
Regular

Drove to a golf course and golfer with a friend, then went to another friends and drove him to the movies. We saw San Andreas.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #7796
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm kind of curious to see that movie although I read an actual scientific rebuttal of it... apparently the movie science is so bad its not even funny but I don't think anyone goes to see a movie starring the Rock based on that lol.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #7797
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm kind of curious to see that movie although I read an actual scientific rebuttal of it... apparently the movie science is so bad its not even funny but I don't think anyone goes to see a movie starring the Rock based on that lol.
I didn't see that, can you link it?
Old 05-28-2015, 11:20 PM   #7798
Registered Member
Regular

Just read one on variety magazine. That's what I expected. Hollywood over exaggerated, like almost always, but gets the main point across.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #7799
Staff
Regular
Staff

The main point that ppl in Socal live literally on the ring of fire in an active earthquake zone with mudslides all over and no drinking water? Sounds legit.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #7800
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking about taking my girlfriend to the drive in to see it but the weather has been so bad here I know my car won't make it up the hill cause of the mud

Old 05-29-2015, 08:33 PM   #7801
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool looking mustang first time I seen one that's not posing for a photo but just doing what any other mustang does which is going thru tires and gas like there is no tomorrow lol either way its like frank martin said in transporter (you take care of the car and the car will take care of you- with British accent)

Thanks man. It was a real good experience at this shop. It's a big chain shop but I got a conventional oil change brake inspection and tire rotation all for $29.xx. And the kicker is it took less than a hour!

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #7802
doyouevenforum

I realized my car is dirty after all this rain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432950531474.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	183712  
Old 05-30-2015, 10:43 PM   #7803
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Was it by neil degrasee (i think thats his name) he pointed out so many flaws on the movie Gravity
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #7804
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered some new headlights, pinstripes, and spending this beautiful Sunday completely cleaning every part of my baby

Black 2008 GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #7805
Registered Member
Regular

Got her out in the sun on this beautiful day! 👌🏼

Ryan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion