What did you do with your Mustang today - Page 250 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #8716
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Rode the Devils Triangle! Love Tennessee!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #8717
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrochard View Post
Went on a nice mustang cruise today until a crazy jerk got in the middle of the road screaming about driving too fast. He blocked a few of us including me and ended up punching and denting my quarter panel. Called the cops and they're going to charge him with criminal mischief. Gotta get an estimate Monday to fix the car. Total a**hole, put three little knuckle dents in my quarter panel. I hope his hand hurts a lot tonight, but I'm guessing his wallet is gonna hurt a lot more than his hand come Monday when I get the estimate to fix my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Wow. If that ever happens to me some unmentionable things will happen. Go with the highest end shop around town.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #8718
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
Wow. If that ever happens to me some unmentionable things will happen. Go with the highest end shop around town.
Yeah if this happened to me the memes about mustangs hitting people would come true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
RED SNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:25 AM   #8719
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Put her up for sale. Going to regret it if I bring myself to sell but I want a Silver 14 Brembo car...
Old 05-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #8720
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_tlac00 View Post
I'd like to congratulate you for not getting into a fist fight with the guy. Lord knows when ever I finish this vehicle. If someone does that I hope I can keep my cool. Especially if we aren't breaking any laws "cruising" the streets.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah, none of us were breaking the law, just a little noisy. I'd love to accept your compliment about not getting into a fistfight, but to be totally honest there were two of them and the crazy guy was 6'3" and I'm 5'8" with pretty much no experience fighting. Not a good combination. Plus I already know how things go in situations like that. Cops arrest both guys and charge both guys in the fight, regardless of who provoked it. I did come away with one resolution from this - I'm taking up boxing as a hobby in addition to wrenching on my car. Some day when something like this happens again, and it will, I'm going to knock a loudmouth like that to the pavement and take a sh*t on his face. I might get arrested but you be able to instantly identify me in the jail cell with the other guys 'cause I'll be the only one smiling

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
tombrochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #8721
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Yeah, none of us were breaking the law, just a little noisy. I'd love to accept your compliment about not getting into a fistfight, but to be totally honest there were two of them and the crazy guy was 6'3" and I'm 5'8" with pretty much no experience fighting. Not a good combination. Plus I already know how things go in situations like that. Cops arrest both guys and charge both guys in the fight, regardless of who provoked it. I did come away with one resolution from this - I'm taking up boxing as a hobby in addition to wrenching on my car. Some day when something like this happens again, and it will, I'm going to knock a loudmouth like that to the pavement and take a sh*t on his face. I might get arrested but you be able to instantly identify me in the jail cell with the other guys 'cause I'll be the only one smiling

Boxing is a great sport. It's terrible for self defense, but it will teach you what it feels like to get hit.

I loved boxing and kickboxing. Under rules and guidelines, with the observation of a ref the fight is fair. I learned as a teenager to use the skills learned and combine them with self defense skills. It also doesn't hurt to borrow a few street fighting techniques.

I don't look for fights. I don't want to fight. It hurts when you get hit, and I'm not a fan of pain.

You did the right thing by not getting physically involved. I would hope that in the same situation I would react as you did. The quarter panel on the car more than likely did more to the guy's hand than you could have done to him.

People are unpredictable. I have a concealed permit. I don't care how hard I can throw a punch, I will walk away from a fight. I have seen what knives, rolls of quarters, brass knuckles, etc can do when they are snuck into a sucker punch. Why take an unnecessary risk because a moron can't control their emotions due to anger issues. If my life, the life of a loved one, or the life of someone else is truly threatened I will remove the threat.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #8722
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Rode the Devils Triangle! Love Tennessee!

Just a near stock 3.7
I looked that up - and WOW! I live in Knoxville so that is definitely gonna have to happen soon! Tennessee is pretty great, isn't it??
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #8723
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
I looked that up - and WOW! I live in Knoxville so that is definitely gonna have to happen soon! Tennessee is pretty great, isn't it??
Tail of the Dragon is a great drive, or an amazing rise on a bike.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #8724
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
What did you do with your Mustang today

Finally got the BBK Throttle Body and BBK Shorty Headers installed. What an adventure lol

wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #8725
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Tennessee was and is beautiful. The smokey mountains were amazing. The Devils Triangle was even better than the Tail of the Dragon. The Devils Triangle is like 33 miles with over 500 turns. They are wicked crazy turns. I ran both trails in third gear, 3k rpms. Great for the engine braking and acceleration.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #8726
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Drove it aggressively like always and had some fun. Did some doughnuts in the parking lot behind a shopping center. Pretty fun day.
CyberCarnage12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #8727
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Tennessee was and is beautiful. The smokey mountains were amazing. The Devils Triangle was even better than the Tail of the Dragon. The Devils Triangle is like 33 miles with over 500 turns. They are wicked crazy turns. I ran both trails in third gear, 3k rpms. Great for the engine braking and acceleration.

Just a near stock 3.7
So yesterday evening I ended up doing the Devil's Triangle since I'm only about half an hour away from it. I thought it would be good practice for the Tail of the Dragon but it got pretty intense!! I had a blast, and it was so beautiful!

I'm glad you did 3rd gear, too. I expected to do more shifting than I did, and usually stayed in third gear except sometimes I went into second when it was like 180 degree curve up or down the mountain! I was gonna practice my heel to toe downshifting (which I'll probably never get the hang of lol) but found that I didn't really need it much.

I stopped off at the old Brushy Mountain penitentiary to take a photo of our first day trip together!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13227775_874450006031772_1944588846554748949_o.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	201442  
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:21 PM   #8728
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Boxing is a great sport. It's terrible for self defense, but it will teach you what it feels like to get hit.

I loved boxing and kickboxing. Under rules and guidelines, with the observation of a ref the fight is fair. I learned as a teenager to use the skills learned and combine them with self defense skills. It also doesn't hurt to borrow a few street fighting techniques.

I don't look for fights. I don't want to fight. It hurts when you get hit, and I'm not a fan of pain.

You did the right thing by not getting physically involved. I would hope that in the same situation I would react as you did. The quarter panel on the car more than likely did more to the guy's hand than you could have done to him.

People are unpredictable. I have a concealed permit. I don't care how hard I can throw a punch, I will walk away from a fight. I have seen what knives, rolls of quarters, brass knuckles, etc can do when they are snuck into a sucker punch. Why take an unnecessary risk because a moron can't control their emotions due to anger issues. If my life, the life of a loved one, or the life of someone else is truly threatened I will remove the threat.

Thanks for the thoughtful answer, I really apprecIate it. So many of us learn from TV or movies rather than real life and clearly you've seen the real stuff. I wish I could be Vin Deisel and just tackle the guy but life sure doesn't work that way. In real life Vin would take one step and hit the ground because some a**hole drew his gun and tapped him twice in the chest. No great fight seen, no cool slugfest, just two sounds - the cartoonish pop of a real life handgun and the thud of an actual human being hitting the pavement. Real life is so abrupt and brutal compared to the movies. People are really messed up. If you want I'll let you know what happens to him in court on June 2nd, he's being arraigned (I guess that's the right term) for criminal mischief. I'm not certain what else happens in the process but I'm going to follow up so I'm prepared for court

Old 05-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #8729
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting ready to wash the mud off of my car after a week of rain.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #8730
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Thanks for the thoughtful answer, I really apprecIate it. So many of us learn from TV or movies rather than real life and clearly you've seen the real stuff. I wish I could be Vin Deisel and just tackle the guy but life sure doesn't work that way. In real life Vin would take one step and hit the ground because some a**hole drew his gun and tapped him twice in the chest. No great fight seen, no cool slugfest, just two sounds - the cartoonish pop of a real life handgun and the thud of an actual human being hitting the pavement. Real life is so abrupt and brutal compared to the movies. People are really messed up. If you want I'll let you know what happens to him in court on June 2nd, he's being arraigned (I guess that's the right term) for criminal mischief. I'm not certain what else happens in the process but I'm going to follow up so I'm prepared for court

Yeah I am curious about what happens.

Yeah Revv is right boxing is power defense in a street fight. I did kick boxing and Tai Chi. I hate fighting. I did kick boxing as a teen, to help cool down my aggressiveness. I learned to keep a super leveled head to stay calm in matches. But once I couldn't at times. It became a big mistake, once I got all testosterone tank filled with anger. I loved every last bit of fighting. Hated how crazy it made me feel though. I already knew I had anger management issue.

My uncle is a Taekwondo and Tai Chi Chuan master. So Tai Chi it was. Was always into it, but couldn't (afford) get a trainer. Now that's all I do.

Good luck on the court case! Though you have this in the bag anyways.

Man_tlac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #8731
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_tlac00 View Post
Yeah I am curious about what happens.

Yeah Revv is right boxing is power defense in a street fight. I did kick boxing and Tai Chi. I hate fighting. I did kick boxing as a teen, to help cool down my aggressiveness. I learned to keep a super leveled head to stay calm in matches. But once I couldn't at times. It became a big mistake, once I got all testosterone tank filled with anger. I loved every last bit of fighting. Hated how crazy it made me feel though. I already knew I had anger management issue.

My uncle is a Taekwondo and Tai Chi Chuan master. So Tai Chi it was. Was always into it, but couldn't (afford) get a trainer. Now that's all I do.

Good luck on the court case! Though you have this in the bag anyways.

Staying calm is key. The moment you lose control, you lose the fight. It only took a few times for me to get my butt handed to me to learn self control. Keep both eyes open. Watch your oponent. Understand the opponent's actions, and take a hit if you need to in order to get over a shoulder or inside of a hook or kick.

It's nice to block and dodge, but no one has ever won a match without strikes and knockouts. Everything is about timing and placement. If anger gets the best of you, you have lost control and no longer have timing.

If someone wanted to pick a fist fight with me I would prefer them to be a crazed madman swinging away blindly. You can take a step back and plant the heel of a front kick into their sternum. After that a solid hook to the temple is lights out. I would walk away without sweat, blood, or bruises.

A trained fighter knows what you know. These days a trained fighter would likely slap me around like a punching bag.

That said; I will walk away rather than trade punches if I can.

As for your angry pedestrian; I would not be surprised to see his wrist in a cast. He will be charged with a misdemeanor and likely be given probation if this is his first round of stupidity. You will likely be awarded damages that he can't pay for. Be prepared to have your comprehensive insurance cover the damage. That is what it's there for.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #8732
Registered Member
Regular

^true words 1+

Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 AM   #8733
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Staying calm is key. The moment you lose control, you lose the fight. It only took a few times for me to get my butt handed to me to learn self control. Keep both eyes open. Watch your oponent. Understand the opponent's actions, and take a hit if you need to in order to get over a shoulder or inside of a hook or kick.

It's nice to block and dodge, but no one has ever won a match without strikes and knockouts. Everything is about timing and placement. If anger gets the best of you, you have lost control and no longer have timing.

If someone wanted to pick a fist fight with me I would prefer them to be a crazed madman swinging away blindly. You can take a step back and plant the heel of a front kick into their sternum. After that a solid hook to the temple is lights out. I would walk away without sweat, blood, or bruises.

A trained fighter knows what you know. These days a trained fighter would likely slap me around like a punching bag.

That said; I will walk away rather than trade punches if I can.

As for your angry pedestrian; I would not be surprised to see his wrist in a cast. He will be charged with a misdemeanor and likely be given probation if this is his first round of stupidity. You will likely be awarded damages that he can't pay for. Be prepared to have your comprehensive insurance cover the damage. That is what it's there for.

Great advice on everything. Gosh I hope his wrist is in a cast. Can't wait to tell you guys what happens. In regards to him paying, you may be right. I'm going to look into putting a lein on his house if that becomes the case

Old 05-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #8734
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Great advice on everything. Gosh I hope his wrist is in a cast. Can't wait to tell you guys what happens. In regards to him paying, you may be right. I'm going to look into putting a lein on his house if that becomes the case

That is a possibility if he owns the house, or has assets that can be liquidated.

Research every law and every similar legal case you can find on similar matters. Find out if wages or tax refunds can be garnished. Investigate liens on your State. Also look into the possibility of his home or renter's insurance paying for the damage.

Do not make this an issue of consequences and punishment. The judge will handle that if it needs to be dealt with. Stay focused and and stick to the agenda of repairing your car. Stand on a solid foundation and do not waste the court's time about what could have been, or with opinions. The judge has to listen to garbage every day, he wants this to move along.

If you are going to press for aggravated assault, terroristic threats, or other charges I would advise you to hire a respected and reputable attorney. Most attorneys will give you a free first time consult. It is possible that the defendant in your case would be forced to pay all court and attorney fees.

I am not telling you to chase after additional charges. Research the defendant. The man made a mistake. He could have an anger issue and a running record of stupidy, Then again, he could be a man that snapped for a moment. He could have been dealing with a lot of stress from a divorce, a lost job, a forclosed home, death of a loved one... No one knows why he acted the way he did.

If it were me, I would just want my car repaired. There is no reason in my eyes to bury people over a moment of stupidity. Repeated stupidity is another story.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #8735
Registered Member
Regular

Installed my SR Performance short throw shifter... And probably blacked my eye when I dropped the matching bracket right on my left eye. Sad thing is... I just took off my safety glasses cause they were tinted and couldn't see well enough. Should have grabbed the clear ones. LOL

wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #8736
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Wired in the dash cams. Front.

Rear.

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #8737
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Wired in the dash cams. Front.

Rear.

I've been looking at getting a cam, which one did you get?

G x crSent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutionôh

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #8738
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I've been looking at getting a cam, which one did you get?
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH.

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #8739
Registered Member

Regular

New wheels. Pics when I get them on.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #8740
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
New wheels. Pics when I get them on.
Hurry up!

Are you done yet?

Old 05-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #8741
Registered Member

Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1464390991.302644.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	201622
Old 05-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #8742
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
That is a thing of pure beauty.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #8743
Registered Member

Regular

What did you do with your Mustang today

Thank you. I'm very happy with it. Just took nearly selling/trading for me to realize that, lol. That's what winter storage does to you. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the springs, lower control arms, and boost gauge installed. Then time to upgrade those calipers, more suspension, and full exhaust.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #8744
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Oil and filter.
Was going to do coolant but Oreily's didn't have any in grape flavor. Haha
Old 05-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #8745
Registered Member
Regular

I played with a few different tunes. Now I am giving up on trying to do a drive sequence to turn off the P1000 code.

I don't mind the drive, but I do mind the deer out on the old two lane roads out here in the middle of nowhere.

Do you know how hard it is to drive at night, while browsing ME, shifting gears, and dodging deer?

No officer, I was not texting. I was browsing the internet I didn't see an internet browsing law (as a citation would be awarded to pay a tax for stupidity).

Old 05-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #8746
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschoonover View Post
Installed my SR Performance short throw shifter... And probably blacked my eye when I dropped the matching bracket right on my left eye. Sad thing is... I just took off my safety glasses cause they were tinted and couldn't see well enough. Should have grabbed the

Been there before, I've gotten more black eyes from sockets than from fists.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #8747
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Clayed the entire car yesterday and put the coat of wax on this morning.
This was just from a small 6x6 test section on my roof.

Looks like I didn't even clean the car before clay time.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #8748
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Adjusted the pan hard bar. Was a pain this time.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #8749
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
Clayed the entire car yesterday and put the coat of wax on this morning.
This was just from a small 6x6 test section on my roof.

Looks like I didn't even clean the car before clay time.
That is a dirty chunk of clay.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #8750
Registered Member
Regular

Looked at savings account and dream of parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion