What did you do with your Mustang today - Page 32 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #1086
Registered Member
Regular
 
hunsberger_tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indio
Region: California
Posts: 55
Send a message via Yahoo to hunsberger_tom
Today was doctor appointments. But hey, any day I'm driving my baby is a good day!
hunsberger_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #1087
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
My mechanic fished this sucker from the whole that leads to my pressure plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120816_021218.png
Views:	106
Size:	584.7 KB
ID:	64097



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120816_021238.png
Views:	112
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	64098

And a friend helped me fixed my rear bumper, it had a piece sticking out from when my tire decides to fly off. It was the left top corner, by the wheel
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #1088
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBullitt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
My mechanic fished this sucker from the whole that leads to my pressure plate.

And a friend helped me fixed my rear bumper, it had a piece sticking out from when my tire decides to fly off. It was the left top corner, by the wheel
Wow what the heck!? Where do you think that piece of metal ended up near your pressure plate? Is it from you flywheel or clutch?? hhaha
BlackBullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #1089
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBullitt01

Wow what the heck!? Where do you think that piece of metal ended up near your pressure plate? Is it from you flywheel or clutch?? hhaha
I have no idea, it's a funky piece can't put my finger on it,,, looks like nothing that would come from that area. Could be a piece they left in from I dont know what. This is the bad part of not being able to work on your own car =\„
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #1090
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBullitt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

I have no idea, it's a funky piece can't put my finger on it,,, looks like nothing that would come from that area. Could be a piece they left in from I dont know what. This is the bad part of not being able to work on your own car =\„
I never trust dealerships any more. Lol my friend helps me with all my car needs especially transmission.. That's a B to drop lol
BlackBullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #1091
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBullitt01

I never trust dealerships any more. Lol my friend helps me with all my car needs especially transmission.. That's a B to drop lol
Yes no dealers for me. And you really think so? It is time consuming but to me it wasn't that bad
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #1092
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBullitt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Yes no dealers for me. And you really think so? It is time consuming but to me it wasn't that bad
Haha yea the first time was bad because we couldn't find the last bolts to my exhaust by my headers lol! But it's not that bad to drop its hard to get back up lol
BlackBullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #1093
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
Ordered some gears and all the rebuild and install kits... can't wait to have them put in!
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #1094
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBullitt01

Haha yea the first time was bad because we couldn't find the last bolts to my exhaust by my headers lol! But it's not that bad to drop its hard to get back up lol
Oh yeah heavy sucker to put back up, especially when your working with the car up on jack stands, fun fun fun
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #1095
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Re: What did you do with your Mustang today

What gear ratio did you go with?
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #1096
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
Re: What did you do with your Mustang today

I went with ford racing 3.73
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #1097
Registered Member
Regular
 
98StangKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstang03
I went with ford racing 3.73
You won't regret it!
__________________
'01 Cobra
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #1098
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Talking about some 10" FR500's for the rear
With some 295's?
Yes yes or no no?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #1099
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
Talking about some 10" FR500's for the rear
With some 295's?
Yes yes or no no?
What color FR500? I like all colors but just curious? I say yes to all!
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #1100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09

What color FR500? I like all colors but just curious? I say yes to all!
All black
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #1101
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBullitt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Oh yeah heavy sucker to put back up, especially when your working with the car up on jack stands, fun fun fun
That's exactly what we had haha. But do you have any idea why an adjustable clutch cable would just come loose? I went into a building it was fine.. Came out and it was loose.. And I had metal wing nuts behind it so it wouldnt come off...
BlackBullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #1102
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBullitt01

That's exactly what we had haha. But do you have any idea why an adjustable clutch cable would just come loose? I went into a building it was fine.. Came out and it was loose.. And I had metal wing nuts behind it so it wouldnt come off...
Ja oh nice. Did it come loose from the front or back? Off of the fork?
Like nut-fork-nut
,,,,,,,,,-front-fork-back
I hope that males sense
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #1103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
Talking about some 10" FR500's for the rear
With some 295's?
Yes yes or no no?
That's what I run on mine. 295/35 but I scrape a lot. Maybe go 285. Or be like me take it real slow up parking lots.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #1104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony

That's what I run on mine. 295/35 but I scrape a lot. Maybe go 285. Or be like me take it real slow up parking lots.
Right now im on 275/40, she came with 285/40. How about a 295/30?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #1105
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Go with a 305!! Thts Wat i run
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #1106
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Go with a 305!! Thts Wat i run
Any rubbing? Im about an inch lowered, and 305/?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #1107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Any rubbing? Im about an inch lowered, and 305/?
At first yes I would rub like crazy and I'm lowered in the back 1.75 inches but then I got my fenders rolled so now I'm good (:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-623142050.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	544.4 KB
ID:	64200
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #1108
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

At first yes I would rub like crazy and I'm lowered in the back 1.75 inches but then I got my fenders rolled so now I'm good (:
What is this fender rolling? I've heard it alot

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Go with a 305!! Thts Wat i run
Are you on a 10", or 10.5"
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #1109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

What is this fender rolling? I've heard it alot

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------



Are you on a 10", or 10.5"
I'm on a 10 inch. The 18's are 10 inch wide and the 17's are 10.5 I believe. Just what it means, they roll the lip of ure fenders in so tht it won't kill the side of you're tire. You can do it or have it done with a professional roller.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #1110
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

I'm on a 10 inch. The 18's are 10 inch wide and the 17's are 10.5 I believe. Just what it means, they roll the lip of ure fenders in so tht it won't kill the side of you're tire. You can do it or have it done with a professional roller.
Nice, ah I see. Seems simple enough
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #1111
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Nice, ah I see. Seems simple enough
Yea I did it myself. Heated it up with my heat gun and used a rubber mallot
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #1112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea I did it myself. Heated it up with my heat gun and used a rubber mallot
How much roll? If that even is an option
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #1113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

How much roll? If that even is an option
Just the lip on the fender rolled it up all the way. If you get it professionally done they can make it pop out more as well like pushed out
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #1114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Just the lip on the fender rolled it up all the way. If you get it professionally done they can make it pop out more as well like pushed out
Koo, I think it would be funner to do it myself, does not seem difficult to do. Thanks for the knowledge
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #1115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Koo, I think it would be funner to do it myself, does not seem difficult to do. Thanks for the knowledge
No problem, you can also YouTube videos of how to do it.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #1116
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBullitt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Ja oh nice. Did it come loose from the front or back? Off of the fork?
Like nut-fork-nut
,,,,,,,,,-front-fork-back
I hope that males sense
I think it was the rubber piece we put before the washers, just took out that piece for now and tightened it back up
BlackBullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #1117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBullitt01

I think it was the rubber piece we put before the washers, just took out that piece for now and tightened it back up
Hope it keeps together. Nothing like a loose cable. This is what happen to my adjustable cable.



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120817_005113.png
Views:	98
Size:	506.3 KB
ID:	64202
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #1118
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBullitt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Hope it keeps together. Nothing like a loose cable. This is what happen to my adjustable cable.
Hahaha! How'd you manage to fray it like that? What type of cable is that?
BlackBullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #1119
Registered Member
Regular
 
beccabau2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Koo, I think it would be funner to do it myself, does not seem difficult to do. Thanks for the knowledge
b very careful bc I've heard of people's paint cracking from rolling the fender
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #1120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBullitt01

Hahaha! How'd you manage to fray it like that? What type of cable is that?
It was the adjustable cable from AM, im guessing stage 3 was a bit to much for it, running a stock cable and so far so good

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

b very careful bc I've heard of people's paint cracking from rolling the fender
Uh oh, yeah that does scare me a bit
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.