mustang switch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
mustang switch

Would it be a good upgrade or good switch to trade my 2005 mustang gt for a 2001 cobra or should I just save and wait and get a 03-04 terminator or a gt500 like 07 body
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: mustang switch

Depends on what you use your mustang to drive for, IMO i like 05+ for being a DD but if you are not using yours as a DD I would go for an 03-04 Terminator cause they are a great weekend-fun car.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Whatever car I have will be a dd until the end off the summer then ill pick up another car. Think i might just hold onto this one until next spring. Just figuring out what kind of saving I need to do.

Would you recommend getting a terminator over a 07 gt500
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: mustang switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H View Post
Whatever car I have will be a dd until the end off the summer then ill pick up another car. Think i might just hold onto this one until next spring. Just figuring out what kind of saving I need to do.

Would you recommend getting a terminator over a 07 gt500
For a weekend car i would go terminator, for a DD I would go GT500
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H
Would it be a good upgrade or good switch to trade my 2005 mustang gt for a 2001 cobra or should I just save and wait and get a 03-04 terminator or a gt500 like 07 body
Keep the gt and make it faster and look better
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Keep the gt and make it faster and look better
Main reason I want to switch is to have a manual but i hear bad things about the 2005-2009 manuals and only thing worth buying 99-04 body is a cobra
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H

Main reason I want to switch is to have a manual but i hear bad things about the 2005-2009 manuals and only thing worth buying 99-04 body is a cobra
It depends on how its driven you will be fine in a gt of them years and pay less to
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

It depends on how its driven you will be fine in a gt of them years and pay less to
The gt in those year would be a big step down from this gt. Definitly slower
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H

The gt in those year would be a big step down from this gt. Definitly slower
Or u can get a Mach 1 from 99-04 it has a 3v or 4v and makes I think the same or a lil more power then the 05 gt and weighs 600 pounds less
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

Or u can get a Mach 1 from 99-04 it has a 3v or 4v and makes I think the same or a lil more power then the 05 gt and weighs 600 pounds less
Mach 1 are nice to. Would just prefer a cobra over a mach 1. They are both 4v. I would really prefer the 03-04 terminator since its already a beast with a supercharger and fi. Like the sound of the 4.6 4v way better then 3v and I don't like the sound of the new 5.0 or I would think about those but they arnt forged internals either so I would have to say beat choice is a terminator
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H

The gt in those year would be a big step down from this gt. Definitly slower
your year gt with a stick
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003
your year gt with a stick
Oh okay thought you meant the others
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H

Oh okay thought you meant the others
The one you have now its a gt with auto in it
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

The one you have now its a gt with auto in it
Yeah
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H

Yeah
the trans is fine in our model years just takes sometime getting used to
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.