Dash warning lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Dash warning lights

Has anyone know what the dash warning light with the wrench mean? It comes on and the power ony 2006 mustang some how looses power then I turn of the car and turn it back on and the light goes away and the horse power goes back to normal?
Topthug98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: Dash warning lights

Look it up in your owner's manual.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topthug98
Has anyone know what the dash warning light with the wrench mean? It comes on and the power ony 2006 mustang some how looses power then I turn of the car and turn it back on and the light goes away and the horse power goes back to normal?
Ahh yes it is the infamous service engine light. You are probably throwing a code, if I had to guess the throttle pedal position sensor. But next time it happens idle the car and grab the code eventually it will still on.
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So you have had that problem with the throttle position sensor? Has this been a common defect?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
So you have had that problem with the throttle position sensor? Has this been a common defect?
Yes, and they issued a TSB about it, but when I went to the dealer under warranty they claimed nothing was wrong with it. I went in about 3 times, and 3 different dealers looked at me like I was crazy.

I ended up replacing the throttle position sensor after pulling the code and finding the TSB. It's not a hard job just follow the directions, and heat the TB up like the directions say.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks for the info, I appreciate it

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Have you ever had any problems with the rear brake light bulbs keep going out?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Ok thanks for the info, I appreciate it

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Have you ever had any problems with the rear brake light bulbs keep going out?
Not the brake light, but the rear turn signals went frequently. What I did to fix that problem was I cleaned that area really well with a damp cloth and water. I started by wiping the assembly's off, the metal behind them, and the rubber gaskets even the connectors (with a little cotton ball and rubbing alcohol). After everything dried I waxed the metal back there, took a q- tip with vaseline (not too much), and rubbed the gasket, and put a little on the bulb itself. It has helped the problem a little.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I also put all new bulbs in when I did that. I just got fed up of one going out then the other. I just decided I would solve this problem once and for all!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks good tips, I will definitely try it, I wonder if the sequential aftermarket harness has the same problem? It wouldn't be a bad investment if it solved it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion