What Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today? - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular
 
Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 393
Re: What Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
sweet !! and enkies ?
yup hoping to pick them up while I am out there in the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
Why not just Yank the carpet and use black dye?
YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!!!! I honestly didnt think of that.
__________________


Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,867
I just tinted my lights but i feel like It's alittle too dark what kind of bulbs can i get to be brighter and It's the tail lights I'm talking about
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc

yup hoping to pick them up while I am out there in the bay

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!!!! I honestly didnt think of that.
98mustang gt used black spray paint which is fine but when I told my neighbor who used to do carpentry, he told me to just dye it with fabric dye. Brush it on and let it dry and then take a vacuum to it to break the fibers apart.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular
 
Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 393
Re: What Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
I just tinted my lights but i feel like It's alittle too dark what kind of bulbs can i get to be brighter and It's the tail lights I'm talking about
I would say LED (IMO)
__________________


Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
I just tinted my lights but i feel like It's alittle too dark what kind of bulbs can i get to be brighter and It's the tail lights I'm talking about
Umm there may be some led bulbs that you can put in or maybe raxiom or Lusitania make some brighter replacement bulbs
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular
 
Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 393
Re: What Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
98mustang gt used black spray paint which is fine but when I told my neighbor who used to do carpentry, he told me to just dye it with fabric dye. Brush it on and let it dry and then take a vacuum to it to break the fibers apart.
Thanks man that helps out alot I will be doing that soon. Would that work on the seats too? or should I just buy seat covers?
__________________


Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc

Thanks man that helps out alot I will be doing that soon. Would that work on the seats too? or should I just buy seat covers?
I personally hate seat covers! Why not just look on Craigslist for a set of gt leather seats? Locally I have seen a full set that wasnt ripped and it was black (front, passenger, and rear) for $100. Look for people that just crashed their car or parting it out.

On the other hand, it may work for the seats but I would maybe call a fabric shop that deals with auto upholstery because that dye will seep into the spongy pad cushion thing. It could work though.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Near me currently their is a set that doesn't match but it is 2 tan and the black rear for $95. You get the idea.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular
 
Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 393
Re: What Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

Thanks for the heads up man, this is why I like this site so much valuable information.
__________________


Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc
Thanks for the heads up man, this is why I like this site so much valuable information.
No problem! It might take a bit for the seats to pop up but don't give up. It WILL be worth it!
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Been in the garage for over a week with no love. Return tomorrow to drive her, I've been in cancun
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
Been in the garage for over a week with no love. Return tomorrow to drive her, I've been in cancun
What part of Cancun? I went to Riviera Maya and it was amazing.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

What part of Cancun? I went to Riviera Maya and it was amazing.
I'm in Casa Maya
Hotel strip but we've been all over whole wee been here.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Gonna clean her when I get back.
The two bucket method the best for black cars?
And what should I wipe her off with?
What type on towel to wash and what type to dry?
I can't wax yet cuz it's new paint but what kind of Car soap? An where to get all of it?
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

I'm in Casa Maya
Hotel strip but we've been all over whole wee been here.
Is that part of barcello?
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Is that part of barcello?
By all the bars. Lol. Im not 100% where at.
The most populated area
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

By all the bars. Lol. Im not 100% where at.
The most populated area
Is there like 5 different hotels in the strip?
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #226
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Around town
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Is there like 5 different hotels in the strip?
Quite a few, more than 5 for sure.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Quite a few, more than 5 for sure.
Huh. Well find out if it is the barcello resorts because that is exactly where we stayed. We were in Maya palace hotel in that resort.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Huh. Well find out if it is the barcello resorts because that is exactly where we stayed. We were in Maya palace hotel in that resort.
Oh that's not far
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular
 
Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 393
Re: What Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

Ive never been to cancun
__________________


Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Oh that's not far
Make sure to go snorkeling!! You don't need to pay to go with a group though. Just swim out and at half way there are sea turtles and in-between half and the rope boundary there are lots of fish and even some 2' diameter (yes that is 2 foot) angel fish! Don't be afraid to hold your breath and go down either! You'll be safe. We even went past the drop off but there wasn't really anything great.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #232
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I've only been to Ixtapa Mexico.. It was nice
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #233
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1
shine on

polished my CobraR rims, shined up the dash and waxed all the things also got a new air filter since somehow the old one caught fire, still not sure how that happen.
How i felt cleaning,
How i felt with the new shine,
v6fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Make sure to go snorkeling!! You don't need to pay to go with a group though. Just swim out and at half way there are sea turtles and in-between half and the rope boundary there are lots of fish and even some 2' diameter (yes that is 2 foot) angel fish! Don't be afraid to hold your breath and go down either! You'll be safe. We even went past the drop off but there wasn't really anything great.
We rented a yacht for the day and went to an island out near here and snorkled. A lot of fun, but, Im burnt up so bad.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
mines just sitting there. might be getting a gt sooner than i expected so ima have to sell the sixxer if i do. its gona be hard to sell her
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
mines just sitting there. might be getting a gt sooner than i expected so ima have to sell the sixxer if i do. its gona be hard to sell her
I got over that feeling! Listed my six but still need that damn bumper painted
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
As much as I would like to get a GT, I really love my six, and I've dropped to much just to give her up
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
i love my sixxer too. but you cant beat that v8 sound. and my cuzin is selling it to me cheap. 4500 only. 03 gt its black and its a vert. never really liked verts but im getting used to the idea of dropping the top im sure my son will enjoy the hell out of it with the top down.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
i love my sixxer too. but you cant beat that v8 sound. and my cuzin is selling it to me cheap. 4500 only. 03 gt its black and its a vert. never really liked verts but im getting used to the idea of dropping the top im sure my son will enjoy the hell out of it with the top down.
Everyone thinks that verts are gay but I really want one because I always have my windows down!
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Everyone thinks that verts are gay but I really want one because I always have my windows down!
likewise. i've never drove inside a vert so ive always thought about it . theres some verts on this forum that look sick.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

likewise. i've never drove inside a vert so ive always thought about it . theres some verts on this forum that look sick.
The tonneau (sp?) Covers look awesome too!
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
well i officially put my sixxer on the market on craigslist.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
well i officially put my sixxer on the market on craigslist.
Asking price?
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
i put it at 4800 but thats just to start. imma go down though just trying to get the most i can. new paint, gt front and rear bumper, flow 40's , new tint clean interior 113k miles, grille, antenna , new fuel door, its dropped. i think its a good price
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
i put it at 4800 but thats just to start. imma go down though just trying to get the most i can. new paint, gt front and rear bumper, flow 40's , new tint clean interior 113k miles, grille, antenna , new fuel door, its dropped. i think its a good price
Yea mine is for sale for $5999

It has a full stereo
Custom wheels with good tires
Tinted windows
Super clean interior
Good paint
Halo headlights
Lowered
150k mi with no mechanical issues
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.