Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suggested modifications..?

1K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  GrabberBlue5.0 
#1 ·
This pictures are of course prior to the accident. But I'm looking to make some serious modifications soon. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I'd like a cold air intake, possible gear change, TC/SC, and staggered time and tires. Feedback is welcome. I'm still not sure which cold air intake, TC/SC or if I should change my gears. All help is greatly appreciated! :). Visual mods welcome as well. I was thinking of adding stripes where the raise is on the cowl and blacking out my pony and back emblem.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Sports car

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Muscle car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Center console Sedan

See less See more
#4 ·
Lalayla said:
I actually like the chrome pony but that's up to you :) blacking out the back emblem would look sweet , or a blackout panel and leave the emblem as well.

I just have a K&N cold air intake

What stripes, black?
Probably black yeah. Trying to stick with two tones I think. I was looking into the BBK intakes. They're blue so I think it's match. :p. such a girl.

#5 ·
Lalayla said:
I actually like the chrome pony but that's up to you :) blacking out the back emblem would look sweet , or a blackout panel and leave the emblem as well.

I just have a K&N cold air intake

What stripes, black?
I'm actually really liking these. In either. Black or machine. What size though? 18" or 19"?

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Tire

#6 ·
Missxalii said:
Probably black yeah. Trying to stick with two tones I think. I was looking into the BBK intakes. They're blue so I think it's match. :p. such a girl.
Hey, I bought sonic blue nail polish to match my car. Lmao. I understand.

Missxalii said:
I'm actually really liking these. In either. Black or machine. What size though? 18" or 19"?
I like those! I would go black with the grabber blue. Is your car lowered at all? That has been my favorite thing to do to my car. Handles awesome! I have 18s and with it lowered, I really like how it looks.

Either size wheel would look awesome.

#7 ·
Lalayla said:
Hey, I bought sonic blue nail polish to match my car. Lmao. I understand.

I like those! I would go black with the grabber blue. Is your car lowered at all? That has been my favorite thing to do to my car. Handles awesome! I have 18s and with it lowered, I really like how it looks.

Either size wheel would look awesome.
It's not lowered right now. I'm a little unsure about doing that. I live moreso in the country so in afraid with all the bumps. How much should I lower it? Do you know anything about pipes?

#8 ·
I would say the 18's, may be easier to find tires in the future. I think a blackout panel and black fuel door would look great on your car. As far as other modifications go. Gears are never a bad thing (4:10 of course) :)

#9 ·
TtownMach1 said:
I would say the 18's, may be easier to find tires in the future. I think a blackout panel and black fuel door would look great on your car. As far as other modifications go. Gears are never a bad thing (4:10 of course) :)
You think? What do I have stock? 3.5? Or 3.7? I really don't know too much about gears its just something I just started looking into. I'm not a fan of the decklids though lol.

#11 ·
CYCLON37 said:
How much you looking to spend? And is this a long term project or wanna do this soon?
I'd love to do this soon but money is tight. Will be especially if I have to pay to fix the body damage myself. The SC/TC and rims/tires are more long term since they're the most expensive and not necessary right now. Something like a cold air intake would be soon.

#12 ·
I think the 19's have a more complete look, just fill up the wheel well better, I was very worried about lowering mine but I bought some SVE lowering springs which actually have ford racing printed on them for $100 less than FRPP springs. Just lowered one inch and have had zero issues with marginal loss in ride quality

#14 ·
I'd work from the ground up if it were me (well I actually am doing that lol) Wheels/tires in my opinion are the single best appearance mod. It was my first mod. Adds look and traction. After that should be suspension. I'd do an 8.8 rear and some gears if I had a 4.0. speedconcepts.net sells take off's for a decent price. Between $700-1200 I believe? Could check junk yards too. Then grab an eibach handling kit. Affordable and very noticeable feel in how the car drives and feels. Huge impact. Then I'd grab a CAI & tune. All of that stuff would be pretty pricey. Probably close to $5k. But it'd be worth it imo if you're going to want to super or tubrocharge your car. But after that you would spent around $10k. Which is ALOT lol. So maybe isn't worth it for you or maybe it is. But you'd have one helluva 6 if you did!

#15 ·
Just going off my experience when I went with a bigger wheel. Can feel road bumps more than usual but I think my control arms come into play as well.

#16 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I think the 19's have a more complete look, just fill up the wheel well better, I was very worried about lowering mine but I bought some SVE lowering springs which actually have ford racing printed on them for $100 less than FRPP springs. Just lowered one inch and have had zero issues with marginal loss in ride quality
Yeah, 19's would fill the fender well better but I got no complaints on my 18's. Can't go wrong with either.

#17 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Where did you get them from?

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

CYCLON37 said:
I'd work from the ground up if it were me (well I actually am doing that lol) Wheels/tires in my opinion are the single best appearance mod. It was my first mod. Adds look and traction. After that should be suspension. I'd do an 8.8 rear and some gears if I had a 4.0. speedconcepts.net sells take off's for a decent price. Between $700-1200 I believe? Could check junk yards too. Then grab an eibach handling kit. Affordable and very noticeable feel in how the car drives and feels. Huge impact. Then I'd grab a CAI & tune. All of that stuff would be pretty pricey. Probably close to $5k. But it'd be worth it imo if you're going to want to super or tubrocharge your car. But after that you would spent around $10k. Which is ALOT lol. So maybe isn't worth it for you or maybe it is. But you'd have one helluva 6 if you did!
The wheel/tire kit I want is $1400. I figured I'd hold off on that because I have brand new tires on my car. No point in throwing them away. I could sell them but I don't think I'd get much for them. What gears would you get?

#18 ·
Missxalii said:
The wheel/tire kit I want is $1400. I figured I'd hold off on that because I have brand new tires on my car. No point in throwing them away. I could sell them but I don't think I'd get much for them. What gears would you get?
Yeah, I see. Your wheels are black anyway so they ain't that bad. I plan on going with 3.73's or 4.10's myself. Just remember if you upgrade your gears the higher you go the more traction your going to need.

#19 ·
CYCLON37 said:
Yeah, I see. Your wheels are black anyway so they ain't that bad. I plan on going with 3.73's or 4.10's myself. Just remember if you upgrade your gears the higher you go the more traction your going to need.
Hmm. Being a daily driver what would be the negative aspect of upgrading my gears?

#23 ·
One thing to remember when selecting your gears and the style of boost you want is that 4.10s with a supercharger is gonna make it extremely hard to get traction in first and possibly even second, and vice versa with the turbo. Since you will be revving pretty fast through those first gears you won't be in the boost very often with a turbo since it needs to spool up a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.