1993 5.0 or 2001 4.6? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus
I'd say 01 for a daily driver (partially biased because that's what I have) and the fox if your wanting something to play with or maybe drag race. Budget also comes into play
I'd agree with that. I dd a fox till 6 months ago and not sure if I would ever do it again.( 250 miles from work to home)
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Well idk lolthe fox dosent look as nice as the new edge the new edge looks a lot better in every way. In my opinion anyway. This is my new edge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2413745102.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	53906  
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
If you want an awesome car that's gonna be less expensive to build then go with the fox.

If you want an awesome car that's gonna be a little faster and better sounding then go new edge.

I love both cars pretty equally but for different reasons and it would be a tough choice for me. I would probably go new edge only because I've never owned one, or a 4.6 mustang for that matter
Good points besides sounding better. It's hard to compete with the sound of a pushrod motor.

Imo if you are gonna daily drive it go new. If your gonna build a monster the fox is about the best platform to do it on $ wise.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Good points besides sounding better. It's hard to compete with the sound of a pushrod motor.

Imo if you are gonna daily drive it go new. If your gonna build a monster the fox is about the best platform to do it on $ wise.
The car is mainly for some highway pulls and for a 1 mile drive to work haha. It will eventually go to and from Austin TX to ft worth TX in the summers (college drives)
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
If you want an awesome car that's gonna be less expensive to build then go with the fox.

If you want an awesome car that's gonna be a little faster and better sounding then go new edge.
No 4.6 sounds better then a 5.0 pushrod motor unless it's cammed

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
New edge might be a tad faster than a bone stock fox body, but where in the hell do you ever see a fox body that's still a virgin? I vote fox body any day. There is a reason over half of all cars at a drag strip on any given weekend are foxes
Agree virgin foxbodys are very few
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

No 4.6 sounds better then a 5.0 pushrod motor unless it's cammed
IMO the 4.6's are the best sounding, and the 4.6 4v win all day, all night, inside out and upside down!! If I could make my 5.0 sound like a 4v 4.6 it would sound like that without a second thought.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

What made me fall in love with mustangs was a new edge GT that had the most amazing sounding exhaust! It was that reddish maroon color with anthracite bullitts wheels and otherwise stock except the exhaust (droool) ).....

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote:

IMO the 4.6's are the best sounding, and the 4.6 4v win all day, all night, inside out and upside down!! If I could make my 5.0 sound like a 4v 4.6 it would sound like that without a second thought.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

What made me fall in love with mustangs was a new edge GT that had the most amazing sounding exhaust! It was that reddish maroon color with anthracite bullitts wheels and otherwise stock except the exhaust (droool) ).....
Haha I was trying to make a droolin smiley but it didn't quite work lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Haha I was trying to make a droolin smiley but it didn't quite work lol
You can have all that rasp, same thing that make a ricer sound the way it does makes that 4V sound the way it does(OHC/DOHC). Just my opinion.. Seems to be a bit of a generation gap..
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

You can have all that rasp, same thing that make a ricer sound the way it does makes that 4V sound the way it does(OHC/DOHC). Just my opinion.. Seems to be a bit of a generation gap..
That's it to! But to each there own. 4.6 is still a great motor.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #45
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

I've owned 2 fox 5.0's, one with a full exhaust, one with just mufflers. I loved them both a lot, just prefer the sound of the 4.6's. If done correctly there is very little rasp if any at all

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:

I've owned 2 fox 5.0's, one with a full exhaust, one with just mufflers. I loved them both a lot, just prefer the sound of the 4.6's. If done correctly there is very little rasp if any at all
I think a 4.6 sounds good. I am just in love with the sound of a pushrod motor. And I am definitely not hating that you like the way it sounds. Just our preferences. Proper ----> :drool:
Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #47
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

I think a 4.6 sounds good. I am just in love with the sound of a pushrod motor. And I am definitely not hating that you like the way it sounds. Just our preferences. Proper ----> :drool:
Lol thanks I'll keep that drooly face in mind

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion