Mustang cop car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Mustang cop car

Driving just outside myrtle beach the other day cruising along till I saw a car pulled over buy a blacked out gt mustang. It was sexy but scary. Never seen a mustang cop before
Bighebs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: Mustang cop car

I've seen the State Police fox body here a few times (along with an old Plymouth Fury). It's pretty much retired, but it's an old chase car they had.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I've only seen fox body mustangs in person. I saw a badass terminator undercover cop online. The one in the motorcycle chase video and another black undercover one.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan

One of my friends had a 2007 that was the Harper Woods, MI police department car. I work in Grosse Pointe Woods and saw that car with people pulled over several times before he bought it.

It was stolen the first week he owned it. Still had the police lights on it, and the side marker stripe for Harper Woods, and the "ghost" of the police badges that were removed.

It was found a week after he got the insurance check for it and had bought a new GT/CS.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

was that the fully unmarked black GT that the state has..or the 99-04 GT that georgetown county drives??? I live here too and know both cops....helps being a local firefighter

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

old police vehicles are so sought after...heard of many being stolen not long after purchase...inside job..?
I still want a 08 or newer vic to convert into a marauder in a better color

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Not an "inside job". The car was purchased in Michigan and driven back to Delaware. Bill had a problem with the PATS so took it to the dealership to have it fixed. That evening after it was "repaired" he had just pulled out of his subdivision when the car died and couldn't start it (so obviously the PATS was still an issue since it didn't recognize his key). He left there right outside the subdivision.

In the morning - no car, but evidence it had been winched up onto a flatbed.

It was a "crime of opportunity" - they probably cruise around looking for cars at the side of the road and grab them. In this case, they didn't realize it was a retired cop car I'm sure since you have to look for the marker lights.

Then, after discovering what they had, and probably assuming it had some GPS locator on it, they abandoned it in an apartment complex 2 miles from his house. It was found a month later when someone called it in because the paper tag had expired. They said it had been sitting there the entire time.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Im not sure if it was state or not. The officer was wearing Kevlar over his uniform and it only said police. The car was no older then 2005 though. Bigger body style compared the the previous generation
Bighebs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
One of my friends had a 2007 that was the Harper Woods, MI police department car. I work in Grosse Pointe Woods and saw that car with people pulled over several times before he bought it.

It was stolen the first week he owned it. Still had the police lights on it, and the side marker stripe for Harper Woods, and the "ghost" of the police badges that were removed.

It was found a week after he got the insurance check for it and had bought a new GT/CS.
Dang so what happened? Did he have to turn it over to insurance?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Recently here in Florida a cop was fired for taking an undercover 2007 Mustang GT without permission while off duty and was pulled over by another cop after he used the lights to get around a slower moving vehicle while doing over 90mph in a 65.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Dang so what happened? Did he have to turn it over to insurance?
He took the insurance payment before they found it so the company owned it then. The only option was to bid on it at the auction, but he already had replaced it so decided against it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion