THE MUSTANG CODE/LAW - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #351
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dStang

To be honest I completely understand where everyone is coming from with mis-badging. Ive probably hated on a faux pony myself. However, some like the look of a GT/Cobra and either can't afford or they are fiscally responsible and choose the less expensive product. My 2 cents is to each his own and just understand people will hate. It's your car and money and who are we to judge?
The way i see it, if you want a gt/cobra body kit, hood, bumpers, ect because you like the looks thats cool but the badges should be left alone
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #352
Registered Member
Regular
 
3dStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0

The way i see it, if you want a gt/cobra body kit, hood, bumpers, ect because you like the looks thats cool but the badges should be left alone
Great point you made and i respect your opinion. I've done that before with my old '95 GT. Does the same go when we upgrade from a 5.0/Cobra to a stroker motor and have larger displacement to a 347, etc? Or if someone has a lowly sleeper 5.0 thats really supercharged. I call BS that his badging didn't tip me off I get embarrassed at the track. All in jest my pony brother. My point is we mod our cars so much that badging really only matters on the show room floor.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #353
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dStang

Great point you made and i respect your opinion. I've done that before with my old '95 GT. Does the same go when we upgrade from a 5.0/Cobra to a stroker motor and have larger displacement to a 347, etc? Or if someone has a lowly sleeper 5.0 thats really supercharged. I call BS that his badging didn't tip me off I get embarrassed at the track. All in jest my pony brother. My point is we mod our cars so much that badging really only matters on the show room floor.
I guess the only thing that irritates me is when someone refers to there car as something its not. I just recently had a guy show me his 92 " gt cobra" as he called it at a gas station. But as you said when it gets to the point where you have more aftermarket parts on your car than factory, there isnt much left on the car that the badge represented in the first place
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #354
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Re: THE MUSTANG CODE/LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I didn't do much research on the Mustang I regret it now. Since I didn't leave much $$ for mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Bought my first one off the lot with no research and a 10min test drive b/c I needed a car and didnt want another boring POS. That was an '05 V6 & Ive come a long way since then. Always loved muscle, but just due to life circumstances never got a chance to learn as much as I wanted. Thanks to Al Gore, though, we have the Internet now.
Hm... Now I'm beginning to wonder if I had worded my previous comment wrong. lol It wasn't my intention to sound like a ******bag. I got a family member who's a car nut. If it weren't for his knowledge, then I don't think I would've been able to know how to start researching the stangs in the first place. I was a bit anal at the time, worrying about how much money I'd spend, and worrying if I would regret anything. I mean, that car would be my biggest investment to date. In other words, you could say that I went overboard on the research--well, the financial part of it lol

But then I thought, "Well, it's the car that I've always talked about the most. And it is possible that it's the only muscle car I may ever own. So, I should go all out, and enjoy it while I still have the money."

Had the car for ten months now, and no regrets Also I kept my mods at a minimum because I personally don't have any other needs besides a blacked out car with lightweight rims, tinted windows, and a clean upper grille.

.....And now I must convince my date that he needn't spend on a V12 Maserati when he could find cheaper ways to one-up me lol :p
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #355
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

Hm... Now I'm beginning to wonder if I had worded my previous comment wrong. lol It wasn't my intention to sound like a ******bag. I got a family member who's a car nut. If it weren't for his knowledge, then I don't think I would've been able to know how to start researching the stangs in the first place. I was a bit anal at the time, worrying about how much money I'd spend, and worrying if I would regret anything. I mean, that car would be my biggest investment to date. In other words, you could say that I went overboard on the research--well, the financial part of it lol

But then I thought, "Well, it's the car that I've always talked about the most. And it is possible that it's the only muscle car I may ever own. So, I should go all out, and enjoy it while I still have the money."

Had the car for ten months now, and no regrets Also I kept my mods at a minimum because I personally don't have any other needs besides a blacked out car with lightweight rims, tinted windows, and a clean upper grille.

.....And now I must convince my date that he needn't spend on a V12 Maserati when he could find cheaper ways to one-up me lol :p
Yeah the flash of material items . I am glad that in 1964 ford created a fiesty little v8 sports car for the working American then some exotic car that racks up at over 100k and only few could afford. .
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tha twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: California
Posts: 211
Was just on a L.A. freeway when three 5.0 rolled up next to me. It felt like we took over the freeway hogging up the lanes lolol. We all rolled down our windows and gave each other thumbs up and I went on my way. Its a good feeling when your certain things can just bring people together.
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #357
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

Hm... Now I'm beginning to wonder if I had worded my previous comment wrong. lol It wasn't my intention to sound like a ******bag. I got a family member who's a car nut. If it weren't for his knowledge, then I don't think I would've been able to know how to start researching the stangs in the first place. I was a bit anal at the time, worrying about how much money I'd spend, and worrying if I would regret anything. I mean, that car would be my biggest investment to date. In other words, you could say that I went overboard on the research--well, the financial part of it lol

But then I thought, "Well, it's the car that I've always talked about the most. And it is possible that it's the only muscle car I may ever own. So, I should go all out, and enjoy it while I still have the money."

Had the car for ten months now, and no regrets Also I kept my mods at a minimum because I personally don't have any other needs besides a blacked out car with lightweight rims, tinted windows, and a clean upper grille.

.....And now I must convince my date that he needn't spend on a V12 Maserati when he could find cheaper ways to one-up me lol :p
Haha I got what your saying, I'm a car nut, but didn't know nearly enough about the car other than V6/GT and Pony Package, and aftermarket exhaust. And of course tint.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #358
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha twin
Was just on a L.A. freeway when three 5.0 rolled up next to me. It felt like we took over the freeway hogging up the lanes lolol. We all rolled down our windows and gave each other thumbs up and I went on my way. Its a good feeling when your certain things can just bring people together.
That's awesome ive been getting turned up necks lately. Not true mustang fans but they own one.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #359
Registered Member
Regular
 
zodo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 137
Road with like 6 mustangs on the highway today best day ever haha
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #360
Registered Member
Regular
 
irishn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
If you guys make it up to the northwest I will put another one on.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------



Haha port orchard Washington on the green side of the state. 11 am Saturday. By mustang preferably but the airport is just down the road
NOW I read this! I live in bremerton!
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #361
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8

NOW I read this! I live in bremerton!
Yeah your a little ways behind on that, I am driving back that way right now coming back from leave.

On a side note we do these quite frequently so stay in touch.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #362
Registered Member
Regular
 
irishn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Yeah your a little ways behind on that, I am driving back that way right now coming back from leave.

On a side note we do these quite frequently so stay in touch.
Are u a member of kitsap mustang?
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #363
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Are u a member of kitsap mustang?
I am and I am also a member of the Rebel Stangs Club as well. Kitsap is more of car shows and stationary events and Rebel stangs is more along the lines of cruises and tech meets etc.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #364
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
I refuse to let this thread die.

Had a awesome stare down with a camaro driver today, I could see the jealousy in his eyes when I cranked my baby up. I thought about saying "we can let our cars do the talking?" Lol I revved at him a couple times for staring
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #365
Registered Member
Regular
 
zodo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
I refuse to let this thread die.

Had a awesome stare down with a camaro driver today, I could see the jealousy in his eyes when I cranked my baby up. I thought about saying "we can let our cars do the talking?" Lol I revved at him a couple times for staring
Are cameros like our rivals ? Cuz they always give me dirty looks haha
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #366
Registered Member
Regular
 
BenGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodo27

Are cameros like our rivals ? Cuz they always give me dirty looks haha
Haha. Yes they are. Pony car rivalry got serious in the 70's and it's stayed that way. Dodge says their Challenger is also our rivals, but reality is, it's pretty much Mustangs vs Camaro's.
__________________
In the market for a Fox body...
SOLD: 2007 Performance white GT Premium.
Performance: Eibach lowering kit, SVT wheels, Steeda Camber Casters, Steeda short throw, FRPP 4.10's, Airraid CAI, BBK 62mm TB, Brenspeed Detroit Rockers, Pypes Longtubes with O/R H and Violators.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #367
Registered Member
Regular
 
1shotkllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 398
Had a stare down across the stoplight yesterday with a newer gto. Light turned green and when we got side by side we gunned it! Can definitely say, mine sounded better haha!
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #368
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07

Haha. Yes they are. Pony car rivalry got serious in the 70's and it's stayed that way. Dodge says their Challenger is also our rivals, but reality is, it's pretty much Mustangs vs Camaro's.
A challenge who?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #369
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

A challenge who?
+1

Challenger are so damn slow they aren't considered a threat. Camaros are the true rivals, you could tell he didn't like me and I didn't like him, but he was jealousy and wasn't going to tempt my mustang. I'd smoke him. Lol
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #370
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

+1

Challenger are so damn slow they aren't considered a threat. Camaros are the true rivals, you could tell he didn't like me and I didn't like him, but he was jealousy and wasn't going to tempt my mustang. I'd smoke him. Lol
+100
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #371
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tylercribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 35
Most cobra owners are dbags here in arkansas too. Everyone with gts and v6s just meet up and are like whats up guys and form big mustang groups in parking lots and stuff and cobra owners just rev their cars up and burn out or something stupid to act like they r showing off. Im sure everyones gt can do that too. We just dont want to tear our car up. There is one cobra owner that is nice tho and he waves at everyone and comes and talks but he is an older guy.
Tylercribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #372
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs
Most cobra owners are dbags here in arkansas too. Everyone with gts and v6s just meet up and are like whats up guys and form big mustang groups in parking lots and stuff and cobra owners just rev their cars up and burn out or something stupid to act like they r showing off. Im sure everyones gt can do that too. We just dont want to tear our car up. There is one cobra owner that is nice tho and he waves at everyone and comes and talks but he is an older guy.
Theirs mustang fans and their people who just own them i know this from trying to start up a club in my area.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #373
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tylercribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 35
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2676802489.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	534.0 KB
ID:	73290

For example
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1287866966.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	73287   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-703758277.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	73288  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2148361315.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	544.7 KB
ID:	73289  
Tylercribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #374
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs

For example
True Mustang fans
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #375
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tylercribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Theirs mustang fans and their people who just own them i know this from trying to start up a club in my area.
Yeah there is a club in memphis that has shows a few times a year. Went to one and had a lot of fun just learning whats different about everyones mustangs.
Tylercribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #376
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs

Yeah there is a club in memphis that has shows a few times a year. Went to one and had a lot of fun just learning whats different about everyones mustangs.
Its all about making friends and having a good time. I will own a speed shop one day rebuild and sell
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #377
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs

For example
What the hell! Why can't we have that here all the kids that I go to school with have v6 mustangs and think they are BA. I need a group like that to just chill with.
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #378
Registered Member
Regular
 
3dStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs
Most cobra owners are dbags here in arkansas too. Everyone with gts and v6s just meet up and are like whats up guys and form big mustang groups in parking lots and stuff and cobra owners just rev their cars up and burn out or something stupid to act like they r showing off. Im sure everyones gt can do that too. We just dont want to tear our car up. There is one cobra owner that is nice tho and he waves at everyone and comes and talks but he is an older guy.
Here we go with the Cobra hating. Can't we all get along.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #379
Registered Member
Regular
 
ToHellAndBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pompano Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs

For example
Dude I know I sound rice, but I really love the vertical doors on a new edge
__________________
"I'm not tailgating... I'm drafting"
ToHellAndBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #380
Registered Member
Regular
 
zodo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 137
Okay like holy *****.... I don't know if its just something we do as mustang owners... but I went to Walmart in my stang at midnight on Friday.... and there were at least 35 mustangs there. They told me they do it once a month (first Friday) to admire one another's mustangs and give helpful tips. Like our forum.... just in person O.o
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #381
Registered Member
Regular
 
1shotkllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodo27
Okay like holy *****.... I don't know if its just something we do as mustang owners... but I went to Walmart in my stang at midnight on Friday.... and there were at least 35 mustangs there. They told me they do it once a month (first Friday) to admire one another's mustangs and give helpful tips. Like our forum.... just in person O.o
Should have advertised us!!!
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #382
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylercribbs
Most cobra owners are dbags here in arkansas too. Everyone with gts and v6s just meet up and are like whats up guys and form big mustang groups in parking lots and stuff and cobra owners just rev their cars up and burn out or something stupid to act like they r showing off. Im sure everyones gt can do that too. We just dont want to tear our car up. There is one cobra owner that is nice tho and he waves at everyone and comes and talks but he is an older guy.
Shoot I'm a v6 and I can burn out. Lol it's not hard.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #383
Registered Member
Regular
 
zodo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz

Should have advertised us!!!
I will next time!!!! Its so cool though, everyone just has their hoods up and their engines rumbling I felt home haha
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #384
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodo27

I will next time!!!! Its so cool though, everyone just has their hoods up and their engines rumbling I felt home haha
Maan. I wish there was something like that around my area. I see quite a few mustangs but i never here about any mustang clubs or meets or anything.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #385
Registered Member
Regular
 
zodo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95

Maan. I wish there was something like that around my area. I see quite a few mustangs but i never here about any mustang clubs or meets or anything.
Just start one!!!! Haha
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.