THE MUSTANG CODE/LAW - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

+1

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------



Yes! A few words of encouragement always help.
Two nights ago it was spark plugs and brakes, lastnight it was valve cover painting and spark plugs lol. May be hoping for a night off tonight
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular
 
3dStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 124
I dropped off a buddy at the airport this morning at about 5 am. On my way home a '03 ish Mach 1 and a '13 GT pulled up next to me probably going to work. We all sort off gave a wave and cruised for a few miles together like we planned it. Pretty awesome and random.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #283
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dStang View Post
I dropped off a buddy at the airport this morning at about 5 am. On my way home a '03 ish Mach 1 and a '13 GT pulled up next to me probably going to work. We all sort off gave a wave and cruised for a few miles together like we planned it. Pretty awesome and random.
Love it when a plan works
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Re: THE MUSTANG CODE/LAW

Other Mustang owners wave at me, give me the peace sign, or a thumbs up, and I always make the effort to respond. Sometimes I receive thumbs ups from non-Mustang drivers as well. Overall, I find it cute

Other people, however, are a different story, whether they're driving a Mustang or not. Some like to pop their heads out the window, leer, and then look away when they think I'm about to notice. There was also this one guy in an old V6--looked like a teenager-- and saw me roll up alongside him in my V8. We were in front of a red light. He looked at my car, and then seemed to be...groaning to himself? He certainly didn't look happy.... Erm, sorry, dude...? lol
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #285
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Haven't gotten anything from other mustangs ... I guess just bc I'm a young chick with big sunglasses haha thought about getting illegal tint all around so no one knows who's driving hahaha
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
I only get little waves from GT's. The V6 owners here think they are amazing because they just have a Mustang but don't keep it clean.
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #287
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 422
I usually only get waves from other foxes. But today i went by a 99-04 gt and he threw his whole arm out fist up lol also to my suprise i had a 3rd gen camaro wave at me today
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #288
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I was about to wave at an 03 Saleen today but held up cuz the guy beat the crap put of the car. Shaking my head
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #289
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0
I usually only get waves from other foxes. But today i went by a 99-04 gt and he threw his whole arm out fist up lol also to my suprise i had a 3rd gen camaro wave at me today
I'm going to start doing that now! Lol
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #290
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Is it just me or do you slow down a bit to let another mustang owner in?
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #291
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I do when the opportunity comes along
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #292
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Seems everyone in H-Town (TX) is oblivious (or my tint is too dark).... Hmmmm.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #293
Registered Member
Regular
 
90fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 302
I think the problem lies in people are paying attention to where going and were not so much lol
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox
I think the problem lies in people are paying attention to where going and were not so much lol
No no no you got that all wrong, people are wrapped too much up in there text or phone call or whatever else they do behind the wheel to notice a good car. We pay attention to the road and other cars, so we tend to notice them more.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #295
Registered Member
Regular
 
sally2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

No no no you got that all wrong, people are wrapped too much up in there text or phone call or whatever else they do behind the wheel to notice a good car. We pay attention to the road and other cars, so we tend to notice them more.
+1
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #296
Registered Member
Regular
 
90fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 302
just on way home this morning after brutal shifts let a black boss 302 in. Followed home, unf traffic, but we were kinda playing sound off with our exhaust lol. And his exhaust was even louder than mine. I was smiling and laughing whole time. I don't think he was having as much fun or appreciating as much as me though. No wave or anything though when I turned off.
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #297
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Silly fox, boss owners don't participate with the common mustangs. Lol, jk. It's a D bag case by case basics.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #298
Registered Member
Regular
 
90fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 302
Lol. I will admit mine does look rough, I don't think any mustangs participate w me. But It had to be intentional. It was back and forth goosing the gas for about 6 miles. I'm sure person in front of him or behind me thought we were nuts or a holes though. I was laughing.
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bamman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Kansas
Posts: 304
I was coming home from picking up my girlfriend when I had a new edge SVT turn on the same street I did. And me being a sixxer owner I love the terminator engines and I pulled up behind him trying to be loud and he had his turboed he gassed it a bit and I yelled "its a 6!" And he yelled back "its ok man, it looks damn good!"
__________________
8 Cylinders Little Brother.
Bamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamman
I was coming home from picking up my girlfriend when I had a new edge SVT turn on the same street I did. And me being a sixxer owner I love the terminator engines and I pulled up behind him trying to be loud and he had his turboed he gassed it a bit and I yelled "its a 6!" And he yelled back "its ok man, it looks damn good!"
That is freakin sick
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bamman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Kansas
Posts: 304
I had a huge smile on my face the whole time! And I felt like a bad ***, juss saying
__________________
8 Cylinders Little Brother.
Bamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamman
I had a huge smile on my face the whole time! And I felt like a bad ***, juss saying
Love the bond when we recognize each other!
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I think the 2011 v6 owners are a different breed of stangers. We don't think of our vehicles as a secretary's car who wants to look good but no performance. Ford really changed that when they made the 3.7 v6. There bad a$$ for the price and with little money you can mod and they roll. They ain't no old mom's v6 stang.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #304
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Re: THE MUSTANG CODE/LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I think the 2011 v6 owners are a different breed of stangers. We don't think of our vehicles as a secretary's car who wants to look good but no performance. Ford really changed that when they made the 3.7 v6. There bad a$$ for the price and with little money you can mod and they roll. They ain't no old mom's v6 stang.
V6 or V8, if you have a passion for your car, then that's good enough for me I've met people who bought sports cars before doing any research on them. To them, if it looked good, and didn't use up too much gas, then they'll take it. Nothing beyond that. It made me sad Not very many car lovers in my area.
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #305
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

V6 or V8, if you have a passion for your car, then that's good enough for me I've met people who bought sports cars before doing any research on them. To them, if it looked good, and didn't use up too much gas, then they'll take it. Nothing beyond that. It made me sad Not very many car lovers in my area.
That's really unfortunate. I am surrounded by them here and I am a part of two different clubs that does different events compared to each other. For example this weekend I am setting up a tech BBQ at my place where all members are free to come to my place work on their mustangs help other people with theirs and gorge on BBQ until they can't move.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #306
Registered Member
Regular
 
zodo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

That's really unfortunate. I am surrounded by them here and I am a part of two different clubs that does different events compared to each other. For example this weekend I am setting up a tech BBQ at my place where all members are free to come to my place work on their mustangs help other people with theirs and gorge on BBQ until they can't move.
God I wish I lived by you ...
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #307
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodo27

god i wish i lived by you ...
+9999067275199626915292552947479316292739261
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

V6 or V8, if you have a passion for your car, then that's good enough for me I've met people who bought sports cars before doing any research on them. To them, if it looked good, and didn't use up too much gas, then they'll take it. Nothing beyond that. It made me sad Not very many car lovers in my area.
Who ever looks for a sporty gas saver needs to jump off a cliff and save on gas money ;}

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

That's really unfortunate. I am surrounded by them here and I am a part of two different clubs that does different events compared to each other. For example this weekend I am setting up a tech BBQ at my place where all members are free to come to my place work on their mustangs help other people with theirs and gorge on BBQ until they can't move.
Where did you say it was again? Oh what time and how do I get there ;»
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
If you guys make it up to the northwest I will put another one on.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Who ever looks for a sporty gas saver needs to jump off a cliff and save on gas money ;}

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------



Where did you say it was again? Oh what time and how do I get there ;»
Haha port orchard Washington on the green side of the state. 11 am Saturday. By mustang preferably but the airport is just down the road
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #310
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Who ever looks for a sporty gas saver needs to jump off a cliff and save on gas money ;}
Getting 31 on the interstate is just a bonus for me! I love the style and craftsmanship that has gone into the mustang of its years of existence.
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
If you guys make it up to the northwest I will put another one on.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------



Haha port orchard Washington on the green side of the state. 11 am Saturday. By mustang preferably but the airport is just down the road
Im pretty sure I can put a propeller and wings on 8-Ball by then ;}

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller

Getting 31 on the interstate is just a bonus for me! I love the style and craftsmanship that has gone into the mustang of its years of existence.
Oh no definitely, just IMO id put the 11/12 front end on a 13,,, not a big fan of the new front end.
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #312
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Im pretty sure I can put a propeller and wings on 8-Ball by then ;}

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------



Oh no definitely, just IMO id put the 11/12 front end on a 13,,, not a big fan of the new front end.
Gah I love it that was one of the reasons I requested the 13 .. The only difference is the hood is pushed behind that piece above the grill.. I really love the black strip that was added between the tail lights! I totally respect that you don't like it though.
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller

Gah I love it that was one of the reasons I requested the 13 .. The only difference is the hood is pushed behind that piece above the grill.. I really love the black strip that was added between the tail lights! I totally respect that you don't like it though.
Yeah the hood deal is why im not a fan, but those tail lights oh man there sexy.
Respected and not hated :awesome:

__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #314
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Yeah the hood deal is why im not a fan, but those tail lights oh man there sexy.
Respected and not hated :awesome:

Yes they are very sexi!! I'm not a hater not in my genes
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller

Yes they are very sexi!! I'm not a hater not in my genes
Very very
By any chance do you know if the 13 tails are made for the 11/12?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

booger

moid316

Kraken

Cise
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



05:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.