So, I have it listed for $7500 including all the parts (even uninstalled... some of which are brand new). I have gotten an offer for $6600, which is significantly lower obviously. I'm around the point where I just don't know that I want to continue the sales process with the car. I have a mental pros/cons list that I'll share the main points of:
Car sold, paying insurance/registration/etc for a car I practically don't drive
Truck paid off (will be using some of the funds to pay off my truck loan)
$2.5k - $3k in my pocket (after paying off truck) There are always things I can find to spend money on... or even just toss it in the bank
Paying off truck allows me to seriously consider trading it in (instead of private party selling it) to pick up a 2011 Taurus SHO... which is what I want.
The car needs work. The paint could use redone and there is a ding in the quarter panel that I don't want to take care of.
$6600 is a lot less than what I was expecting from the car (my true bottom dollar for all the stuff I'd be including is probably around $7k)
I have two others that have explicitly stated interest for around offering price ($7500) but have been more than 4 weeks waiting for their stuff to sell before they have the funds for my car
Alternatives to consider:
The car is paid off, having it sitting doesn't have additional costs until new registration in January. I could potentially divorce the tuner and pull the "extras" I was going to include and sell them separately. Selling the extras and the car separately (assuming his offer stands) would net me over the $7k I was wanting.
I'm really hoping for some input here. Dropping the truck payment would save me $350 a month (it has less than a year left of payments). The vehicles have been for sale for ~6 weeks. My ultimate goal this summer is by the end of August to be in the Taurus SHO. Sadly, even though I COULD be driving my car this summer, I've noticed I still don't. There's nothing "wrong" with the car, I just don't drive it.
I do have title in hand for the car, so it's literally as easy as deciding what I'll accept as an offer. I appreciate any help ya'll can throw my way.
I should also mention, I finish my PhD in a year and will be looking to replace the GT with a GT500 within the next 5 years. This may change, however (I may decide I don't want another car I don't drive).
2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars