Ouch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cranker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 232
Ouch

Hey there, so I just purchased a "passport 9500ix" radar detector...

Long story short, that hurt the wallet.

But anyways, I wanted to see of anyone else has this detector, and how well does it work for you?

Thanks.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker
Hey there, so I just purchased a "passport 9500ix" radar detector...

Long story short, that hurt the wallet.

But anyways, I wanted to see of anyone else has this detector, and how well does it work for you?

Thanks.
I have the 9500i not the 9500ix but it works great. Got mine for 60 bucks
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
medicespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H

I have the 9500i not the 9500ix but it works great. Got mine for 60 bucks
I dislike you strongly for gettin it for 60 bucks lol
__________________
2012 GT 5.0
6speed manual
flowmaster super 10's
lethal performance o/r x pipe
BAMA sct tuner
35% tint all the way round
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cranker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo

I dislike you strongly for gettin it for 60 bucks lol
I hear that.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Pretty sure the guy stole it lol
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
I really wish that radar detectors were legal here in VA, I think we're the only ones
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Not legal here either I think lol
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
I really wish that radar detectors were legal here in VA, I think we're the only ones
If my memory serves me right. There is a member on here that lives in VA and fought his detector ticket and won stating that the FCC controls the airwaves not the state.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 184
Re: Ouch

I Would love a valentine .....

I hear they work really well...
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7 * Grabber Blue * 3.55 FRPP GEARS *20" Dyno in BF G-Force TA KDW * BBK CAI * Roush Axelbacks * BBR 93 Race Tune
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cranker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 232
Update***

So I kid you not this thing just saved me from 2 possible tickets! Was cruising at almost 90 on the freeway (don't judge, I live in the middle of nowhere, and I drive like its my last day)

Anyways, sure enough, not even 3 miles from each other 2 in a row, slowed down to 70, (SPD LMT 65) and knew about a quarter mile before they even saw me coming.

Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Capitola
Region: California
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Nice! Money well spent.
__________________
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker
Update***

So I kid you not this thing just saved me from 2 possible tickets! Was cruising at almost 90 on the freeway (don't judge, I live in the middle of nowhere, and I drive like its my last day)

Anyways, sure enough, not even 3 miles from each other 2 in a row, slowed down to 70, (SPD LMT 65) and knew about a quarter mile before they even saw me coming.

Yep they work great
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

If my memory serves me right. There is a member on here that lives in VA and fought his detector ticket and won stating that the FCC controls the airwaves not the state.
I'll just stick to 10 over, then if they do pull me they will just let me off with a verbal. I don't want to have to fight in court over a detector ticket.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joel_L_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

I'll just stick to 10 over, then if they do pull me they will just let me off with a verbal. I don't want to have to fight in court over a detector ticket.
We won't get a warning for 10 over we would get a ticket reduced to 5 over hopefully
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.