Love or regret the stang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Love or regret the stang?

M trying to sell or trade my lifted truck for a 03/04 Mach 1 and it seems that everyone

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Is telling me that I'm going to regret giving up my truck for a stang.....an I only see it as a win win. Better gas mileage( if used properly lol.... Won't be at first of course ha) but also I never use the bed of the truck, also I've never towed anything with it since I've had it. It is also a crew cab but NO ONE is ever in my truck except for me and my girlfriend.

Are you guys happy with your mustang being your daily drivers?(those of you who bought your stang as a dd)
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
back when i was 17 i got rid of my 2004 f150 lariat with 7 inch lift 35" tires and 20's. had exhaust programmer and intake for a 2003 cobra and it was well worth it.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I couldn't get rid of my powerstroke but then again I use mine...if you have no need for it then do it..seems like it was for looks anyways..if you can afford it keep both
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash
I couldn't get rid of my powerstroke but then again I use mine...if you have no need for it then do it..seems like it was for looks anyways..if you can afford it keep both
I would like to keep my truck since its paid off, but in order to buy the mustang, the truck must go. And besides I think I wouldn't want to drive my truck after I had my mustang haha
Old 07-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The way it sounded was your truck was just for looks so its your call
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017
M trying to sell or trade my lifted truck for a 03/04 Mach 1 and it seems that everyone

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Is telling me that I'm going to regret giving up my truck for a stang.....an I only see it as a win win. Better gas mileage( if used properly lol.... Won't be at first of course ha) but also I never use the bed of the truck, also I've never towed anything with it since I've had it. It is also a crew cab but NO ONE is ever in my truck except for me and my girlfriend.

Are you guys happy with your mustang being your daily drivers?(those of you who bought your stang as a dd)
I went from a 2007 F-150 king ranch with the 5.4L to my 2003 mustang gt and I dot regret it at all. I love my mustang
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
I went from a bronco to my my stang and I will say winters suck but no I don't regret it..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #8

Region: Illinois
Get a 60's mustang and if your regret that decision I'm pretty sure you are Al-Qaeda or something hahah
1969Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: Love or regret the stang?

I've never had a truck, I've always been a car guy. If you don't tow, offroad, or use the bed for anything, you probably won't miss it. Otherwise, I'd second guess it.

As for me, had it almost two weeks, 1100 miles, had 7 when I drove it off the lot. That should say a lot.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I take it your enjoying the new ride? Lol. Reminds me of when I bought my 2003 GSXR 1000 with 8,000 miles, then 3 months later sold it with 13,xxx miles lol. Congrats on the new ride!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I don't regret my mustang but I also have a truck.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

i sold my '01 5.4L f150 for my first stang...i'll never go back and that was a handful of stangs ago
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I love mine! But sometimes do regret not getting the 5.0 :/
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I've never had a truck, I've always been a car guy. If you don't tow, offroad, or use the bed for anything, you probably won't miss it. Otherwise, I'd second guess it.

As for me, had it almost two weeks, 1100 miles, had 7 when I drove it off the lot. That should say a lot.
Sounds familiar. Mine's at almost 800, had 15 off the lot (a good 1/3 of that my wife and I put on it). It's getting a whole bunch more this coming weekend.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Honestly OP i love it so f@&*ing much. Ive had mine for 10 months as a DD and have way too much fun driving it. From the endless daily looks from people to the "oh sht" from the fart cans at red lights when i embarrass them in front of their girlfriends. The drive is just plain fun, it handles like a glove, looks damn good and hauls ***. What more can you want!? Hope this gives you an idea from this first time stang and former truck owner.
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I traded a 2009 Tacoma for my Mustang and don't regret it for a minute. My husband called it my grocery getter anyway so now I bring my groceries home faster and cooler. Replace one getter for another
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I regret it because how much my wife hates it. She's made my life miserable since I brought it home "its too loud" "there's not enough room" "it's the most uncomfortable car ever made" "the windows are too high, the seats are too low"

I told her before we got together that I wanted a mustang and when it worked out that I could get one I did.

I'm regretting buying it because it's made my life so stressful sometimes I don't even want to look at the car..

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
I regret it because how much my wife hates it. She's made my life miserable since I brought it home "its too loud" "there's not enough room" "it's the most uncomfortable car ever made" "the windows are too high, the seats are too low"

I told her before we got together that I wanted a mustang and when it worked out that I could get one I did.

I'm regretting buying it because it's made my life so stressful sometimes I don't even want to look at the car..
That's to bad when I first told my hubby I wanted to trade the Taco for a stang he was not as receptive as I had hoped but he was so happy I was not going back into a classic VW he just kept quiet. LOL my little 71 super vert almost killed him LOL

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Kinda felt bad too because he liked the Taco but he LOVES the Mustang. So alls good in Georgia
Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I told her she should just be grateful we can even afford a nice new(er) car with working AC

Old 07-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthompson79
Honestly OP i love it so f@&*ing much. Ive had mine for 10 months as a DD and have way too much fun driving it. From the endless daily looks from people to the "oh sht" from the fart cans at red lights when i embarrass them in front of their girlfriends. The drive is just plain fun, it handles like a glove, looks damn good and hauls ***. What more can you want!? Hope this gives you an idea from this first time stang and former truck owner.
That's exactly how I think it will feel for me when I get my mustang lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

I don't know about the last '05-09 iteration, but this one is none of those things. It's more comfortable than my '10 Malibu I traded it, the windows are just right... the car isn't that tall, how can they be tall? Seat height is comparable to my Malibu. It doesn't swallow you like a sports car or F-body Camaro. The rear does lack room, the front is perfectly fine. She sounds rather unreasonable.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin

I don't know about the last '05-09 iteration, but this one is none of those things. It's more comfortable than my '10 Malibu I traded it, the windows are just right... the car isn't that tall, how can they be tall? Seat height is comparable to my Malibu. It doesn't swallow you like a sports car or F-body Camaro. The rear does lack room, the front is perfectly fine. She sounds rather unreasonable.
Yea I think it's way more comfortable. I think it's more comfortable than my dads Volvo ! She just hates mustangs. And she says the back seats are not even usable but my 6 ft 3" brother rode in the back for 30 minutes and said it ease t that bad.

I've never ridden in the back lol. Never will not in my mustang!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthompson79
* +100
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

My sister rode in the back one day. It's a pain getting back there but she said the rear seats are actually some of the most comfortable she's sat in.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The back seats aren't bad just hard to get in and out
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin

I blew a challenger off the light today bahaha. Don't come between a girl and her horse
Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo062

I blew a challenger off the light today bahaha. Don't come between a girl and her horse
^ That's awesome! I did that to a guy with his girl in a g37. I know it's no a challenger but guys that have g37 or any in that category think their hot s**t here where I live.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I do kinda regret getting rid of my truck. I never really needed to use a truck till I got my mustang. Wife doesn't care but she gets aggravated when I tell her I should have kept the truck and mustangs are money Pitts so that doesn't help either. I love my mustang but sometimes I do just wanna drive a normal vehicle and not worry about putting money into something cause in the end it just is t good enough,fast enough,etc
Nicolosi11480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I don't always drive a muscle car, but when I do
I prefer the mustang. Stay speedy my friend.
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolosi11480
I do kinda regret getting rid of my truck. I never really needed to use a truck till I got my mustang. Wife doesn't care but she gets aggravated when I tell her I should have kept the truck and mustangs are money Pitts so that doesn't help either. I love my mustang but sometimes I do just wanna drive a normal vehicle and not worry about putting money into something cause in the end it just is t good enough,fast enough,etc
Maybe you didn't get the right mustang ...lol jk haha.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Mustang are great cars. I only drive a truck for moving big stuff but i hate it. Rather drive the mustang any day
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion