Check out new Wilwood 6 pistons brakes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith
Thumbs up Check out new Wilwood 6 pistons brakes

This is a mod that I would say had the most impressive results of any other. Even the Full Tilt Boogie IRS kit. I can stop on a dime!
If you are looking for stopping power I would recommend 6 pistons for sure !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9960.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	61883   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9956.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	61884  

drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusmith
This is a mod that I would say had the most impressive results of any other. Even the Full Tilt Boogie IRS kit. I can stop on a dime!
If you are looking for stopping power I would recommend 6 pistons for sure !
My pop does road course instruction at summit point and vir from time to time and says brakes are the most disappointing aspect of high Hp Mustangs on a road course(at the word of owners).

If you don't mind me asking, did you do a four wheel kit or just fronts? What did it run you and did you have to get bigger wheels then 17x9?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Check out new Wilwood 6 pistons brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
My pop does road course instruction at summit point and vir from time to time and says brakes are the most disappointing aspect of high Hp Mustangs on a road course(at the word of owners).

If you don't mind me asking, did you do a four wheel kit or just fronts? What did it run you and did you have to get bigger wheels then 17x9?
Yes, once I reach over 600whp i wanted to get better brakes. I visit road course tracks from time to time as well and these Wilwoods are awesome on the track!

I only did front and then got some brackets to switch rear rotors to 13" (front stock size). I will be purchasing new cross drilled and slotted rotors to match the fronts.

I got a sweetheart deal from a friend who had bought the kit and then decided to do stick with drag set up and these rotors would not fit. he sold this to me for $1,200. I think retail was $1,600 for front kit alone with no rear brackets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Yes, once I reach over 600whp i wanted to get better brakes. I visit road course tracks too and these Wilwoods are awesome!

I only did front and then got some brackets to switch rear rotors to 13" (front stock size). I will be purchase new cross drilled and slotted rotors to match the fronts.

I got a sweetheart deal from a friend who had bought the kit and then decided to do stick with drag set up and these rotors would not fit. he sold this to me for $1,200. I think retail was $1,600 for front kit alone with no rear brackets.
Sweet deal!!! When I start modding I plan on doing brakes and suspension first as I'd like to track day mine as well..
Once you add the rears you'll have to be careful not to eat the steering wheel!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Check out new Wilwood 6 pistons brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Sweet deal!!! When I start modding I plan on doing brakes and suspension first as I'd like to track day mine as well..
Once you add the rears you'll have to be careful not to eat the steering wheel!
The first week was hilarious after I put these on! I think i stop 20' short of Red lights! I really cant say enough about these brakes! Epic!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

Yes, once I reach over 600whp i wanted to get better brakes. I visit road course tracks from time to time as well and these Wilwoods are awesome on the track!

I only did front and then got some brackets to switch rear rotors to 13" (front stock size). I will be purchasing new cross drilled and slotted rotors to match the fronts.

That's not a bad price, retail, considering what I've seen while looking around. Hefty price but im sure its well over well worth it
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion