Exhaust set up on 4v mach 1 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Exhaust set up on 4v mach 1

So I thought I was set on buying the set up off bbk ceramic long tube headers, bbk catted h pipe, and SSS adrenaline catback (sounds like the mustang from Bullit with Steve McQueen) and now after some more looking, for the catbacks now I'm thinking spintech pro street catbacks with the bbk long tubes and bbk h pipe. ( I'm looking for that badass muscle car tone, that's why I want the h over a raspy x.) not super loud or anything but just a good clean sound, and especially at WOT.

What do you guys/gals think?
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Exhaust set up on 4v mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post
So I thought I was set on buying the set up off bbk ceramic long tube headers, bbk catted h pipe, and SSS adrenaline catback (sounds like the mustang from Bullit with Steve McQueen) and now after some more looking, for the catbacks now I'm thinking spintech pro street catbacks with the bbk long tubes and bbk h pipe. ( I'm looking for that badass muscle car tone, that's why I want the h over a raspy x.) not super loud or anything but just a good clean sound, and especially at WOT.

What do you guys/gals think?
MachMan,

These 4V motors sound sick, I think you'll be happy with either of those Catbacks. I have an 04' Mach1 myself & I went with BBK LT Headers, Off-Road H & SLP LM2 Catback. I absolutely love the set up, its a bit loud at WOT though LOL!

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

MachMan,

These 4V motors sound sick, I think you'll be happy with either of those Catbacks. I have an 04' Mach1 myself & I went with BBK LT Headers, Off-Road H & SLP LM2 Catback. I absolutely love the set up, its a bit loud at WOT though LOL!

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

- Dan
When you did your exhaust set up did you put all of it on at once? Or piece by piece? And could you tell a noticeably difference in power after you added the exhaust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
When you did your exhaust set up did you put all of it on at once? Or piece by piece? And could you tell a noticeably difference in power after you added the exhaust?

MachMan,

I started with an Off-Road X-Pipe & SLP LM2 Catback, I cruised around with that for about a year. I definitely noticed a good difference in power & a HUGE difference in sound! Then after I was used to the sound & power, I knew it was time for change. That being said I went with the Long Tube Headers & Off-Road H. What really put my car over the top & maximized all the new potential I added was the Bama Tune!

I hope this helps!

- Dan
Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

MachMan,

I started with an Off-Road X-Pipe & SLP LM2 Catback, I cruised around with that for about a year. I definitely noticed a good difference in power & a HUGE difference in sound! Then after I was used to the sound & power, I knew it was time for change. That being said I went with the Long Tube Headers & Off-Road H. What really put my car over the top & maximized all the new potential I added was the Bama Tune!

I hope this helps!

- Dan
Did you do the install yourself? And if not how much is a average cost price for a shop to put on a full exhaust system? And I keep hearing about this bama tune, I'm gonna have to read up on that
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Did you do the install yourself? And if not how much is a average cost price for a shop to put on a full exhaust system? And I keep hearing about this bama tune, I'm gonna have to read up on that

MachMan1017,

I did install everything on my Mach myself. A simple bolt on mod like an exhaust shouldn't cost you to much, average install time is only about an hour & a half. The best modification I did to my car was the Bama Tune. Here's a little information about it:

For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique set up and intended use, in an easy to use web form. This information allows us to write an entirely custom tune just for your specific vehicle to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible.

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market! We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

This is just the beginning of what Bama & AmericanMuscle have to offer you, let me know if you have any questions!

- Dan
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

MachMan1017,

I did install everything on my Mach myself. A simple bolt on mod like an exhaust shouldn't cost you to much, average install time is only about an hour & a half. The best modification I did to my car was the Bama Tune. Here's a little information about it:

For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique set up and intended use, in an easy to use web form. This information allows us to write an entirely custom tune just for your specific vehicle to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible.

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market! We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

This is just the beginning of what Bama & AmericanMuscle have to offer you, let me know if you have any questions!

- Dan
Only a hour and a half? Really? I thought I saw it saying it would take like a day.... Because of how you have to remove engine compartments for it to fit....like the k bar( not too experienced yet but I'm definitely learning a lot! And that Bama tune sounds awesome! So is it like you guys program it and send it to me to install? Or would I need to take the bama tune to a shop?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Only a hour and a half? Really? I thought I saw it saying it would take like a day.... Because of how you have to remove engine compartments for it to fit....like the k bar( not too experienced yet but I'm definitely learning a lot! And that Bama tune sounds awesome! So is it like you guys program it and send it to me to install? Or would I need to take the bama tune to a shop?
MachMan,

Sorry for the confusion LOL! Long Tube headers are definitely an all day job, average turn time is about 8-12 hours on them. The Catback & Mid pipe will only take someone experienced about an hour & a half.

As far as the tune goes, Will write the tunes & burn them to the device before shipping it out. Making it very easy for you to open up the box and Plug & Play!

- Dan
Old 08-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

So I guess my question now is, will it cost me a stupid amount of money for a shop to put headers on for me?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
So I guess my question now is, will it cost me a stupid amount of money for a shop to put headers on for me?
MachMan1017,

It's definitely not going to be cheap, plus it depend on how effeicent the shop is at installing the exhaust. Figure you're looking at an 8-12 hr job, most shops charge roughly $85 an hour, at least around here. Also, usually Speed shops will have predetermined prices for a header install because they do it so often.

Best bet is to find a Speed shop that does a lot of exhaust work and get a price. Hope this helps some!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

MachMan1017,

It's definitely not going to be cheap, plus it depend on how effeicent the shop is at installing the exhaust. Figure you're looking at an 8-12 hr job, most shops charge roughly $85 an hour, at least around here. Also, usually Speed shops will have predetermined prices for a header install because they do it so often.

Best bet is to find a Speed shop that does a lot of exhaust work and get a price. Hope this helps some!

Shane
I really appreciate all the help that has been given!

Does anyone know of a good trustworthy mustang shop in Colorado that I can take my Mach 1 (when i get her)to get exhaust put on and also somewhere I can go to put her on a dyno? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017

I really appreciate all the help that has been given!

Does anyone know of a good trustworthy mustang shop in Colorado that I can take my Mach 1 (when i get her)to get exhaust put on and also somewhere I can go to put her on a dyno? Thanks.
Exhaust Pros does a good job from what I've experienced, another good one is Brighton Radiator but I don't know if they would do Ltd for you. RWY Motorsports and Finishline Performance are the places I would go to strap her on a dyno
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust